Search results

1. How to fit Spoiler

Thats great thanks very much!
  2. How to fit Spoiler

Hey thanks for the quick reply, however it's the rear boot spoiler Im fitting. Not any splitter.
  3. How to fit Spoiler

Hi! As above, Ive got the official side skirts and spoiler formy Leon FR mk3. The side skirts came with instructions but what about the spoiler? It's got screw holes but also got a sort of sticky tape already on it that needs the cover pulled off. I thought this needed bonded. Thanks!
  4. How long have you had yours?

I've had mine almost ten years now. 1.9 FR, remapped, uprated brakes, new interior, new turbo, strut braces. I absolutely love it. It's only let me down once or twice, still goes like a rocket and has outlasted many friends cars, who spend thousands to get crappy performance and economy. I'd...
  5. New car thoughts - How amazing the mk4 is

Absolutely. I got Audi A1 seats which are a great improvement. Wheel refurbished is a good plan though. What mileage are you on? Mates take the piss as I've had it so long but then they drive it, and also see the mpg on a long journey and can't believe it. And they're all paying g through...
  6. New car thoughts - How amazing the mk4 is

My Ibiza Mk4 FR TDI has now done 151k miles of mostly trouble free motoring. I overtake most cars I want, I manage to fit whatever people and luggage I need and I still get 50mpg across long trips. Best of all the car is serviced by myself, in good condition but not so good that I really care if...
  7. Loads of black smoke

My Ibiza 1.9 FR had a new turbo (reconditioned) one year ago and has done 136k miles. However, ever since the new turbo its been chucking out massive amounts of black smoke. I'm careful not to boot it now since I want to the turbo to last as long as possible. I notice the black smoke most when...
  8. Removing Glowplugs 1.9 TDI

As above, I know what to do, and where they are. Can anyone tell me exactly what tool I need to remove the glowplugs? A long wrench or an angled spanner etc? And special deep sockets? Size? Thanks a lot.
  9. Which turbo/boost pipes to replace? help

Long story short...my turbo blew up last Sept and I got a new one. When it was fitted the garage said that a few of the pipes to intercooler were showing their age and should be replaced at some point. He put a few jubilee clips on and said they should hold it for now. Now I feel constantly...
  10. Clutch slip or boost leak?

Definitely not wheel spin, and no vibration. Just no power it seems in 2nd.
  11. Clutch slip or boost leak?

Hi guys not posted for ages, thanks to my very reliable Ibiza FR 1.9tdi 2006.... However, a few weeks ago, as I was driving my best mate to his wedding where I was best man, my turbo blew up...thats another story! Anyway, my turbo has been reconditioned by Midland Turbo. Car drives ok but...
  12. pulling left, jom coilovers

Tight enough...pretty rusted now so doubt they are moving but if theyve been wrong since day one?
  13. pulling left, jom coilovers

Got Jom coilies fitted. Had alignment done several times, when I leave the garage its spot on, always within a few miles it pulls left again. Could adjusting the coilovers cause this? Really annoying me now. Cheers
  14. 80k service help - gearbox oil

Hello, been servicing my tdi FR myself now for ages. Up to 80k miles now and time for another service. Is there anything that I may be overlooking? I always do oil and all filters. Garage does cambelt etc when needed and brake fluid has just been done. Anything need greased, gearbox oil? All...
  15. A1 seats

That would be me! Yep they fit straight in physically...howver the airbag connectors were different. I chopped off the old connectors from my FR seats and fittde those to the wires from the A1 seats. The wires are all the same etc just the connector that was different. Best mod ever, they are so...
  16. Will A1 seats with subframes attatched bolt right in?

OK, these have turned up and look pretty decent. Now a question about the connectors, I assume the airbag connector is the yellow one? It looks the same on the Audi seat and on the FR seat. But the Audi also has a black connector as well. What's this for? Seat belt warning? Will it matter if its...
  17. Will A1 seats with subframes attatched bolt right in?

Yep theyre the ones! Look great, would love leather though as well. I'll post up some pics once theyre fitted
  18. Will A1 seats with subframes attatched bolt right in?

Ok cool, main question though forgot to ask, are the AIRBAG connectors the same? And will the airbag ECU not see the different airbags/seats? Cheers
  19. Will A1 seats with subframes attatched bolt right in?

As above. Audi a1 seats with frames attached, will they bolt straight into the Ibiza runners etc. I want no faffing around, just old ones out, new ones in. (Airbag wiring excepted) cheers
  20. mounting sat nav in dash

Anyone have any ideas how a satnav could be mounted flush with the dash. Would look much neater and be even better if could hard wire a power supply to it. I'm talking about cutting out a square of the dash and mounting the sat nav there