Search results

1. Colin C

Post The Toledo's

1272 el ex, very nice and the best colour ;) BBS CH's are my favorite wheels aswell, I was tempted to get a set of replicas for my Toledo but in the end I fitted the Cupra R wheels I had sat in my garage.
  2. Colin C

Toledo v5 project

Hi Bumrush as Slimy stated I carried out the same repair to the door seals as listed in the Leon section, if carried out correctly including unblocking the drains it will stop the leak. I would also advise doing all 4 doors ! A quick up-date on the car, not a lot has changed due to moving...
  3. Colin C

V5 Pinking

Good news and what a diagnosis ;) The radiator fans is a lot more expensive repair though, I think the fans are main dealer only and you will need a pair, they are relatively easy to fit though. The other option is to fit a nime unit inline, I have no experince of using a nime unit but if you...
  4. Colin C

V5 Pinking

The fault with the fans pulsing / noisy every 30 seconds is the low speed resistors burn't out in both cooling fans, switch your AC off and this will stop the fans pulsing. If this does stop the fans pulsing you will need a pair of cooling fans, I have the same fault on my own car :( The...
  5. Colin C

V5 Pinking

MAF sensors very rarely show a fault code as they still read in spec but do not accurately read the increase in air passing through them above idle spec.
  6. Colin C

V5 Pinking

As I had previously stated airmass meter / MAF is the 1st item you need to replace especially with the 2 fault codes you have just listed. As Slimy mentioned they are only about £75 and take only a few minutes to fit.
  7. Colin C

V5 Pinking

The air mass meter is the most probable cause for the pinking, I have come across this before on a customers car. The airmass meter does not register the amount of air going into the engine so the engine ECU does not inject enough fuel hence the pinking due to the lean mixture. Get this fixed...
  8. Colin C

Post The Toledo's

The Leon Cupra R wheels need 225/40 ZR 18 tyres, no worries about copying the look.
  9. Colin C

Post The Toledo's

Cheers. I always try and modify my cars so they look factory Audi Sline style, how the designer wanted the car to look before the accountants took off the expensive nice bits and replaced them with sensible cheaper items :shrug: Yes it is lowered on Eibach sportline springs, Eibach quote 45 -...
  10. Colin C

Toledo v5 project

The LCR wheels are indeed 18's, if your wheels look the same but are only 17's you have got the Leon FR plus wheels. The FR plus is a Leon diesel that from the outside looks nearly identicle to a Cupra R except the wheels are an inch smaller, twin round tail pipes instead of the oval tail pipe...
  11. Colin C

Toledo v5 project

Toledo V5, now lowered and LCR wheels fitted Finally got around to fitting my LCR wheels, quite pleased with the new look.
  12. Colin C

Post The Toledo's

Finally got around to fitting my LCR wheels, I didn't think they would suit the Toledo but now they are on I think they look pretty good, sorry I didn't get chance to clean it first:redface:
  13. Colin C

Post The Toledo's

@Colin C, how much is that lowered by? As Hugh said Eibach quote 45 to 50mm lower but the V5 is already 20mm lower than standard so I would say they have lowered by about 25 to 30mm. I have no before and after measurements as my old front springs broke. I have always used Eibach Pro springs...
  14. Colin C

Post The Toledo's

My 2001 V5 170bhp, lowered on Eibach Sportline springs due to the original front springs breaking. Sorry the pictures aren't the best they were taken in a rush !
  15. Colin C

Standard ride height suspension?

Make sure you replace the springs as 1 the front springs broke on mine and the other side was cracked, 2001 V5 170 with 90k on the clock. I replaced all mine with an Eibach sportline kit which is lowered so no good for you. Try German and Swedish they should be able to supply OE spec springs...
  16. Colin C

Toledo v5 project

Cheers, no problems yet, goes over speed bumps ok as well, just got to be sensible and should be ok. The springs were second hand off ebay from a VW Bora TDI which are apparently the same as the V5 Toledo, the springs were only a few months old and cost less than £50 delivered :D Very...
  17. Colin C

Toledo v5 project

A long time up-dating this thread and not a lot has changed with the Toledo until the drivers front road spring broke last week :think: so to take advantage of the stuation the car is now fitted with a set of Eibach Sportline springs, new top mounts and front anti roll bar bush's. The ride is...
  18. Colin C

Bargain SEAT Sport Gear Knobs?

Nice knob:lol: I fitted 1 of those to my old Cordoba SX, looks and feels great. Only thing I will say is go carefull on really hot sunny days if the car is left in the sun for a few hours as the knob can get very hot :-o also gets a bit chilly in the winter, both a good excuse to quick shift...
  19. Colin C

V5 170 bhp fuel consumption result !!!!

Last night I done a 140 mile round trip all on A roads and averaged 35.8mpg, it wasn't a 1 off fluke and I didn't drive like a granny either:)
  20. Colin C

Alcantara seats 'bobbles'

I have the same problem on mine, the drivers seat base is really bad do you think my beard trimmer will work :doh: Might look at trying the razor treatment though.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.