Search results

1. Make Me Want The Leon!

If the CR engine was in the Leon i'm guessing that there would be no decision to make! However, it isn't and the Octavia is great looking car especially in Race Blue with the 18" option, I should know - I've just ordered one! Leon is a great car and love it but all down to you at the end...
  2. Leon FR TDI CRD

Hi all, I have heard a lot of good things about the new common rail diesel they are using instead of the PD engine. This engine is being used in the Octavia VRS, Audi's etc. Is this engine coming to the Leon FR TDi? Cheers
  3. My brake pads seem to be lasting a long time

32K miles is a good innings on a set of pads!! How much material is left on them? Have you checked the inboard pad as can wear quicker than outboard?
  4. Upgrade to a Cupra

Yep thats it! Thanks for the advice. I'm well chuffed with car but now recession is kicking in I gotta choose fun (cupra) or economy (diesel). I also would not receive the new one till November so would have the winter to get through with it and not thinking the Cupra would do more than...
  5. Upgrade to a Cupra

lol, hence the air quotes 'Cheap'....
  6. Upgrade to a Cupra

yeah the brakes are a bit hit and miss with the FR, sometimes they feel nice and bitey and other times not a lot going on, especially when got 3 up! Doubt sunroof will be an option as 18" wheels was only option available on FR! May be my last chance to drive something decent as fuel will...
  7. Upgrade to a Cupra

Hi all, Currently leasing an FR TFSI through work and have to reorder in a few months and have noticed that the Cupra has come on the scheme. Is there much difference between the FR and Cupra performance wise and fuel econ. The seats in the FR are good, are Cupra ones better? The FR...
  8. DPF Experiences

cars don't need running in as much as they used to. I had my tfsi from new and didn't go mental to red line but didn't molly coddle it either, just till oil is warm. Feels nice and loose now! Just drive it and enjoy it
  9. Leon FR - A family car??

You can remove the rear bench on the leon so the back folds flat. I had to take mine out in order to fit a single bed in it! Its pretty roomy to be fair. The petrol FR goes like stink and will give 35 mpg on a run if driven 'carefully'. Im 6'6" and people can easily get in behind me. Took...
  10. Price Check - Possibly looking at switching to petrol

I really don't know what to run my FR on. It came with a full tank of what I presume is 95 ron. For the extra expenditure is it going to give me 1) More responsive engine 2) Better Fuel economy 3) Bigger grin factor Has anyone really noticed a difference or is it a placebo?
  11. It's arrived!!

yeah i thinks thats best, just wait for the fuel light to come on! Is the cupra worse on fuel just pootling around?
  12. Price Check - Possibly looking at switching to petrol

I've had diesels for last 3 cars, 2 x Fabia VRS's and a Ref Sport Leon. They were all good and had good fuel econ but lacked the fun factor. Just picked up the FR TSI yesterday and the best thing i've ever done!! It's quiet, smooth and much quicker than the diesels. If your mileage is...
  13. It's arrived!!

Hi there, picked up the new motor yesterday and initial thoughts......its rocks!!!:rocker: Really torquey and smooth and when you wind it up......:-o bye bye diesel forever!!!
  14. Pick up new FR on Wednesday!!!

how do i post pictures, it says i may not post attachments?
  15. Pick up new FR on Wednesday!!!

I can't wait, 48 hrs from now pick up the new TFSI! Gettin quite fed up with diesels now so well looking forward to a petrol car again! Also, just found out that the Cupra is now available on the lease scheme so possible option for next one? Anyone driven the Octavia VRS (new one)?
  16. FR TFSI Due May 14th!!!

so if i'm only keeping it 6 months, does it really matter about fuel? These 'super fuels' have more detergents in that keep engine running sweet but if i've gotta offload 6 months down the line, is there any point? May start on super for a couple of tanks then switch and see if i notice any...
  17. FR TFSI Due May 14th!!!

Gone for the old manual as not sure if DSG was an option on the scheme. Have driven ED30 DSG before and was very nice but love the manual shifting personally. Will occupy myself heavily so May 14th spins round super quick. Is it worth running it in properly if i have to give it back in...
  18. How old are you?

just turned 26 and can't wait for my FR to arrive.
  19. FR TFSI Due May 14th!!!

Well its a company / lease car so its gets changed every 6 months regardless so after 6k miles it goes back and i'm furnished with a new one! Just filled up with diesel at the cost of £59! WTF! Getting stupid now! Will go for the v power me thinks, get pluspoints and better than asda sludge!
  20. FR TFSI Due May 14th!!!

Morning guys, Just been told my FR is not due until May 14th, it was supposed to be ready early April! Can't wait now. Still driving around in the reference sport which is gettin better now milage is creeping up (~6k now). Gunna miss the economy to be honest, on a mixed run the other day...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members