Search results

1. Chris Eyre

toledo mk1 seat sport touring car 98?

Is this the car you have bought by chance? These were not run in the UK as touring cars - the car is a one-off bitsa promotion effort for Seat UK - but they were raced either in France/ Belgium and possibly South Africa
  2. Chris Eyre

Brighton Speed Trials 2011

Yes :) I can't recommend this event enough. It's got a huge variety of cars and some insane bikers and silly speeds. Here's a link to a quick youtube vid I slapped together to give the event a plug: http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=240869
  3. Chris Eyre

Ibiza Kitcars

Completes the story nicely! If Gary Savage had it, that explains the Milton Keynes plate, and probably some build guidance too? No doubt the dregs of a fleet of supplied cars . The car was sold after a nil bid eBay auction. One of the guys on clubgti.com went after it, but it had already...
  4. Chris Eyre

DTM mirrors the same as Kit Car mirrors???

Here's the logo asked for above - the UK team used the main Seat one and added it's own 'Cupra Sport' bit around it: The mirrors on the cars varied. They started out as standard mirrors and then the small mirrors were graduallyput on the Evo 2 cars. The car in post 11 is an early Evo 2...
  5. Chris Eyre

Pastywagon sprint dates 2010 - Overall championship win!

None of those look like an ADL to me.... ^^ With tall blocks firmly out of the equation, it's quod erat demonstrandum [B)]
  6. Chris Eyre

Fine, no credible response it seems. If such a basic questions can't be answered concerning a fairly serious matter in a sport which is heavily reliant on self-policing for fairness, what inference should anyone be taking from this? Cutting to the chase: here are a few choice links from...
  7. Chris Eyre

As above, if you're going to withhold information and put up silly pictures, it's apparent you can't or won't be transparent about your engine identity. Why?
  8. Chris Eyre

Ludicrous. A former competitor of yours said the first thing he does if anyone looks at his car, is to give them a jack, open the bonnet, and let them get stuck in. There's simply nothing to hide. You haven't responded to prompts from others last night to simply front up the engine ID...
  9. Chris Eyre

Ah, that can be read 2 ways - just to pull that out and clarify: "Ergo, it (Rob's) engine isn't from a Mk2 Ibiza." The ADL is of couse Mk2 Ibiza, as per ETKA. Hope that clears that up :) The reg is 12.6.1 (11.5.1 is the Roadgoing class)
  10. Chris Eyre

Yes, correct, the only short block option, and this block will go to 84mm bore + overbore, same as the rest, so plenty of room to do loads with it. OT, but amazingly, the Seat Ibiza kit car is only FIA homolgated with the ADL block, a block people think is pap! It was created in 1995, so...
  11. Chris Eyre

I don't think you're being fair by suggesting I have a vivid imagination - and there aren't many (if any) assumptions of any magnitude at all. From the above, it would be impossible to create the level of detail outlined, and if statements made as fact were untrue, you'd potentially have a...
  12. Chris Eyre

Hi Rob, there haven't been any protests - an eligibilty query maybe? Anyway, the sequence of events here is important - this is all back in April at the start of the season. Call people names by all means, but it's nothing to do with the facts and events we're discussing. I know about it...
  13. Chris Eyre

Hi Rob, well indeed, I thought you were counting your chickens a bit early about a championship winning car - context duly clarified! The engine eligibilty issues? Your engine was stated as "99% illegal" back in April 2010 by the Chester & Liverpool Sprint Championship Coordinator, Ron Hunt...
  14. Chris Eyre

Wow, championship winner already. Has the season finished? I'm surprised that this thread makes no mention at all of the engine eligibilty problems you've had this year. I'm sure people would be interested. Double driving has it's tyre warming plusses definitely, but the downside is the...
  15. Chris Eyre

SEATSport.info

Hi Hakko, nice finds. The last one is 2494 DJD, which is Evo 1 chassis, IK004. Baporo of the official preparer/maintainer of ex-works Ibizas and Cordoba WRCs. I have a copy of the announcement which confirms the handover, effective 1 Dec 2003. The Spanish works team was moving to concentrate...
  16. Chris Eyre

Seat Ibiza MK2 TDI - Wide / Rally bodykit -> Project iDrive finished!

Hakko, nice to see your write up here. I am not sure if it helps, but this may be interesting information. This is an Ibiza Kit Car Evo 2 rear wheel arch:
  17. Chris Eyre

Why there will never be a production of F2 panels

Yes, that one's 100%. It's a spacer in effect, whatever you want to call it - achieves the same. Proper jigged steel, fitted outwards of the original position, which saves shear strength issues on long bolt shanks + thick spacers. Then gusseted back to the hinge area, partly to anchor it...
  18. Chris Eyre

Pains me to mention it, but Skoda did the same with the Fabia vRS :hide:
  19. Chris Eyre

The 206 WRC was legitimised via the road-going Peugeot 206 GT homologation special, which had a few trimmings on it, but all that really mattered were the extended front and rear bumpers, to get it over 4 metres. The pic from the rear is the best one - the rear bumper stands out a mile, but...
  20. Chris Eyre

SEATSport.info

Great - thanks for flagging those though I'm sure you found the files! Now fixed :)
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members