Search results

1. rules regarding sorn/tax etc

yes thats what im wondering as the info on the govt site is very top level and basic about the new laws. also im sure i heard somewhere before that if your using short term or pay as you go insurance you cant tax a car with this insurance it has to be 12mth 'normal' policy anyone know?
  2. rules regarding sorn/tax etc

hi there. Wondering if anyone can help me with info on vehicle rules. Ok so.. I just motd and taxed (6mth) my ibiza in july,however i have been looking at a mint vr6 and im almost ready to buy it.This guy has a private plate and its coming off i know the process can take a while and as...
  3. Keeps resetting and central locking gone on the blink

just had this problem 2wks ago on my 1.4 central locking went mental and rev clock would stay at idle speed when switch off then go up and down crazy when switch backon before returning to idle. Turned out to be a fuse for the central locking (and other systems) forget which one it was a 15amp...
  4. 1.4 ignition/ecu info

the inlet air vac and temp sensors should be able to incorp into my homebrew manifold fitting. From my own experience i know pulling the tb multi plug when the engines running causes it to die but is this cause its just not getting the rite fuel requirements? with the bike carbs im hoping the...
  5. 1.4 ignition/ecu info

Hi all Having got myself a polo tdi for my new daily car im ready to make a project of my 1.4 ibiza. Ive fitted the cam from the polo gt already and have my shopping list as well as homemade manifold ready go for bike carbs. I have a question on the beezas ignition system tho,how does the...
  6. Crank sensor job 2.0 8v

i dont mind getting down and dirty at the side of the road and fixing it as its easier than fannying around getting it trailered away. where exactly is the crank sensor located?
  7. 1.4 8v

check out this guys gallery. http://m-tuning.ee/galerii/FDPoloProjekt He has turboed a 1.4 polo.its an 8v and looks like the aex engine same as mine. By the look of the pics hes spent loads of ££££ and if you look at the dyno readouts on the last pic hes only managed to achieve 142bhp. 142...
  8. Crank sensor job 2.0 8v

Hi, Wondering if anyone can fill me in on what it takes to change a crank sensor on a 2.0 8v Im looking at a decent one and seller is saying main issue is crank sensor needs changed but hes suggesting i trailer the car away as its not possible to do at side of road. Considering most...
  9. is my garage screwing me?

Or could they possibly be stalling for time so they can charge me a full re-test fee after the 10 working days has passed! just read on the back of the vosa info,didnt know that
  10. is my garage screwing me?

I kind of suspected that myself.they say there not that busy and i can see from walking past that theres only a few cars waiting to be done,so mab the other cars will be better money makers. Mot rap sheet was: ns and os wheel bearings excessively rough, both rear brake minimal or no...
  11. is my garage screwing me?

Went in for mot last tues got failure list back and so i agreed to get a lot of the parts myself to keep cost down,garage agreed to fit everything and only charge labour fair enough. Got all parts this thurs and took them to mech said they would get on it right away.(this is a garage with...
  12. Ibiza 1.4 S Ticking noise

since youve tried all the oil stuff already have a look at the exhaust manifold,i had the same noise for months and messed aroud with oil flushes and filters thinking it was tappet related. Finaly turned out to be the exhaust gas popping out of a tiny hairline crack right at the flange of the...
  13. 1.4 brakes

thanks im gona go and try track down some hubs and brakes from a 2.0 now then. another thing, everytime i go for mot i always need front flexi hoses cause they always found to be bulging under pressure,is it worth getting a set of braided performance ones for the new brakes aswell,do they last...
  14. 1.4 brakes

hey been doing bits and bobs to my 1.4 and i think now its time to upgrade the brakes from the tiny weak items that the 1.4s have on them. Im wanting to go for the 2.0 8v or 16v setup,am i right in thinking i will need the complete hubs off of a 2litre as well as calipers discs etc? also is it...
  15. gearbox whine?

thanks guys but the engine oil is only 5or so mnths since changed and i changed the gbox oil when i was replacing a rev switch recently,just passed mot so im assuming wheel bearings were ok. Im thinking the gbox bearing is sounding more like it,drive seens like normal no change in anything just...
  16. Engine Ticks

does it sound like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5gpCTQIzqs
  17. Engine Mods

haha if u think this ideas mad. years ago before i had a car my mate had a really chavy nova totaly cheesey:headhurt:, 4 fake exhaust pipes at the back,yellow sunstrip that covered the entire screen the lot! he got hold of 4 small plastic pc cooler fans and installed them in a small pipe each...
  18. Engine Mods

what did you finaly seal the joint between the 2 and the top hole with?
  19. Engine Mods

works a treat and sounds good tho. just remember that you seal any of the top holes that are on the inside of the filters with something that is secure and cant get sucked into the TB or you might end up getting other loud sounds frm your engine.
  20. Engine Mods

http://robertdundonald.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album01&id=img_0100' title=' - Photo Sharing by MyPhotoAlbumhere is mine its a bit rough but could be made to look nice on yours ignore the small holes (that was an earlier attempt by my girlfriend at an improved throttle sound)