Search results

1. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Thanks for that. I shall get stuck in and get it sorted soon. Can't wait to get it fitted. they look so much better than the boring oval
  2. What did you and your MK2 do today?

I have got the diffuser to fit. how does the original black plastic part of the bumper seperate from the rest of the bumper once you have removed the screws from the bottom.
  3. Seat Leon Fr - Cat back Yes/no?

you shouldn't get motorway drone on a derv. on my old 1.9 tdi i had the peco system. i only had a back box no other silencers. it sounded ace under acceleration but was just a tad louder than normal under normal driving and you couldn't here it on the motorway. My brother had a tdi golf with no...
  4. Leon mk3?

I just can't wait to see what the 3 door version actually looks like and what the cupr power plant is going to be. The only things I like in the new car are the headlights and the high/dipped beam camera thing. Other than that i will be saving my pennies untill the mk4 comes out, or I could get...
  5. MPG on a FL Cupra

I was doing 57 on the car speedo which is 55 on the sat nav the odd time I touched 70 to pass something. I did about 40 miles in total. The first 5 where on country roads. It wasn't the most eciting trip of my life!
  6. MPG on a FL Cupra

I drove from the north side of Preston (lancashire) down to speed Karting in Warrington yesterday. I had loads of time so i just sat behind an Asda truck and my 08 plate Cupra did 42.7 mpg!!!! Couldn't believe it so i took a picture of the dash!
  7. Leon FR TFSI- Using a LOT of oil.

Is it that expensive off the Dealer? I used top get my filter, sump plug and oil off seat for my old derv all for £36.
  8. What did you and your MK2 do today?

I have seen you knocking around, Nice looking motor!!
  9. Coil pack Recall

I have a march registered 08 cupra. i will call in the dealers tomorrow and ask about mine.
  10. Pre-FL to FL Conversion, anyone done it?

Its only the bumper that is different up front. wings bonet headlights etc are the same. I parked my pre face lift next to my uncles 2011 cupra r and its just the bumper on the front. Which I have bought to face lift mine with at some point when I get some spare time.
  11. About to order new Leon, couple q's, does the sat nav play dvds etc..

My uncle has a cupra r and he says the sat nav is rubbish! An option he should of saved his money on!!! He thought it would be the same set up as his passat cc (company car) but its not a patch on it.
  12. Leon FR TFSI- Using a LOT of oil.

I've just spent an hour fishing round the net for info on tfsi's burning oil and i didn't find out to much other than mobil 1 is the best bet. Halfords is castrol in a halfords can. Oil catch pots seem to catch a good bit of oil. But they just catch it and don't dump it back in the sump. Is...
  13. running costs on a Cupra

oil is thinner when warm so it gets to the places it needs to be faster. And on a turbo car thats even more important as a turbo spins at tens of thousands of rpms. Running in isn't as much of an issue as macheining techniques have improved so much. But as for giving it a boot load from cold you...
  14. running costs on a Cupra

On what sort of a drive is that. ie. distance, type of roads. You should be able to keep it below 2.5k revs easily on normal driving around and be smooth with the throttle and you should be hitting 30mpg unless your sat in traffic or at a lot of lights. Thats all i do, i don't even think i hit...
  15. Leon FR TFSI- Using a LOT of oil.

Don't think i'll be keeping my cupra. i'll run it till warrenty is up in october and get shut. Wish i'd seen this thread before i bought it a couple of months ago. I'm not into pouring oil into a car every couple of months. Very poor build to need to do that to a new engine. whats it going to be...
  16. running costs on a Cupra

My quaots started off at 800 but i got it down to 650 by playing firms off against each other. took a good few hours but well worth sitting down with the phone and doing it.
  17. Should there be a low level warning for washer fluid

Thanks guys, Seems like a bit of a backwards step getting rid of something usefull.
  18. running costs on a Cupra

I used to have leon tdi so i though moving to the cupra would hurt my pocket but to honest its not that bad. i have a 20 mile trip to work, 10 miles of motorway and 10 miles of counrty roads. on the way to work doing 60mph i always get a min of 35mpg. coming home when i'm not hanging around i...
  19. Should there be a low level warning for washer fluid

Hi Guys/Girls, I've just recently got a 08 leon cupra and I would of thought it should have a low level warning for when your getting low on washer fluid. My mk1 leon did and this leon seems to have alarms for everything else so am i right to assume the sensor has gone duff! Can anyone...
  20. Leon FR TFSI- Using a LOT of oil.

I checked my oil today after 2500 miles sice the last service and it needed 1L. I find this very poor! My old disco with 160k on the clock never needs oil. My old tdi leon mapped to the hilt never used a drop so does my newer standard car use so much oil! Maybe they are 2 stroke! At least the...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise