Search results

1. sydoggkdy

VW TDi Emissions software scandal

If you ban diesel cars, there will be a waste product which isn't allowed to be used. It will gather in landfills, be dumped in the sea and will end up causing an erin brockovich style situation, so for as long as one uses petrol, another will use diesel. Si
  2. sydoggkdy

VW TDi Emissions software scandal

I don't normally comment on these things, I just like to read others thoughts however, diesel being the fuel of satans is nonsense and you shouldn't say anything whilst you drive a petrol car. Let me refer you to the BBC GCSE Bitesize for educating children. When the scientists make petrol for...
  3. sydoggkdy

Door rattles!!

What does TPI stand for? It's like being at work with all these TLA's:whistle: Sí
  4. sydoggkdy

debating moving from Mk2 leon fr to Mk3 Questions

I've been wondering how many MPGs everyone is getting from their LEONs because my Fabia VRS gets 56mpg driving like I stole it to work and the leon 184 is just touching 50mpg driving normally but the combined figured for these cars are 52 for the Fabia and 65 for the LEON. I am hoping for more...
  5. sydoggkdy

FR 1.8 ordered

Took ages, car wasn't in the garage being fixed :whistle: easy to see what I'm talking about as the bit they add on is black in the pic. Sí
  6. sydoggkdy

FR 1.8 ordered

I have the added spolier and I think it goes on, in addition to the original spoiler and the cupra seems to be a one piece bigger spoiler ? I'll show you what I got, I'll get a picture if no one else has one but mines is black and red. Si
  7. sydoggkdy

Flashing Glow Plug light when driving.....

Interesting; can you remember if your EML light was on too, with the flashing glow plug light? The AA man in attendance was unplugging my sensors and then 'hot plugging' them when the engine was on and the EML light is on now too and in limp mode. I think he made it worse, well certainly...
  8. sydoggkdy

Most defiantly will be. Seat assistance booked a vw tech but a regular guy turned up; said they will order another vw tech who will have a silver van not orange, lo and behold, same guy in an orange van turned up but had spoken to the be tech. I Dont think SEAT are getting their moneys...
  9. sydoggkdy

AA man came said 'P0236 turbo charger boost sensor circuit' faulted but told other half it's safe to drive to the Seat garage in limp mode, oh but before that, the knob told her these Seats are plagued with faults and we should have bought a Ford. Very helpful when you have a 6 month old Seat...
  10. sydoggkdy

Hello Everybody, So, I have bought a 6 months old Seat Leon SC FR 184 :) after 112k trouble free miles in my Fabia VRS but after two weeks of ownership, whilst the other half was driving, the glow plug light started to flash :censored: I spoke to the SEAT Assist Technician guy who...
  11. sydoggkdy

Snow foam lance

I think they make foam but its not as thick as the real deal attachment. I was going to buy one but I got persuaded not to as chances were if I bought one I wouldn't have been satisfied and would then have to spend another £50 on the proper one. si
  12. sydoggkdy

How to run engine in and what oil

I was always told to use the full engine rev range when breaking in a new engine and also not to keep it at the same amount of revs or ages e.g driving at 70 on a motorway for hundreds of miles. But can't remember why lol si
  13. sydoggkdy

Shipping to Australia

Roadtrip ?:think:
  14. sydoggkdy

Replacing Front Windscreen Washer

Bought mines at the VW garage for £2.60 as there the same as the Polos, so not bank breaking sums. I found it hard to remove them though until I examined the new one and realised you have to push them in to pop them out, I think that's what it was. I was a bit brash and started to bend the...
  15. sydoggkdy

Should I be worried ??

Its also got 3 owners at 3726 miles ? each one did 1200 miles? Doesn't that sound right! maybe a write off thats been sitting for ages then fixed ? si
  16. sydoggkdy

Turbo noise & shuddering

I've never heard it before either but it does sound like a crappy dump valve, believe it or not the forums where I found the links to the videos all love the sound and think its the best sound in the world:whistle::ban: All the cars on the vids have straight through exhausts etc. but the...
  17. sydoggkdy

Turbo noise & shuddering

Hello, My brothers Altea 1.9 tdi makes a sound like turbo chatter when you lift of the accelerator to change gear, sounds like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbc170fuIBk&feature=channel_page http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CYalUxuYHk&feature=channel...
  18. sydoggkdy

vRS Alloys?

nope, you need 5x100! and how can wheels "Come Fully Ballanced Ready for Tyres" ?? surely that makes no sense!! si
  19. sydoggkdy

Will these fit?

They wont fit, you need 5x100 not 5x112! The Ibiza mk4 aint on the list for that reason lol si
  20. sydoggkdy

Yes or No

I know, missed it by seconds! lol don't you need matching reflectors ? si