Search results

1. Chriswaite130

question time!

All cars I've driven have this - put into neutral, foot off clutch, foot back on to clutch, and straight into gear. I was told its to do with the fact that reverse is a straight-cut gear and therefore less forgiving when trying to engage, so releasing the clutch helps this. No big deal and...
  2. Chriswaite130

Heaters Won't Go Warm - FR TDi

Check the fuse - my Ibiza did this and I took the fuse out. It wasnt blown, but must have been a dodgy connection as putting it back in sorted it. The display was flashing though on mine
  3. Chriswaite130

Mustang GT: Project Thread : NOW SUPERCHARGED

That is awesome mate. I never liked the newer shape Mustangs until I saw this - its how they should roll from the factory IMO! And that last vid is really really cool, what a noise! Good job :)
  4. Chriswaite130

Lowering novice

OP said 'Just so it looks better' - but otherwise I agree with you and always ran my Ibiza a bit arse up as it handled way better. I had one trackday with it sitting level and under-steered everywhere!!
  5. Chriswaite130

Lowering novice

Quite hard to get an even drop with just springs, unless you can find some that lower the back significantly more than the front Even then it might not be exactly right, which is why coilovers are good. Some insurance companies wont cover mods at all, but I thought Swift were ok for mods?
  6. Chriswaite130

Lowering novice

On my old Ibiza (1.9tdi sport so also 4x4!) I had KW coilovers, which weren't cheap but were very good! I figured out that a good drop for me (for handling not low and slow) was about 60mm rear, 40mm front, but that's what coilovers are good for as you can play with the height to get it exactly...
  7. Chriswaite130

Eibach

Never had experience of these on an Ibizas but other cars I've been in are very comfy, not too harsh. Eibach are one of the better makes
  8. Chriswaite130

Please help me decide??

Put this in the photoshop section? Wider audience for what you're after
  9. Chriswaite130

MK5 Ibiza FR TDI REMAP!

Still not be as fast as a type r... :runaway:
  10. Chriswaite130

MK5 Ibiza FR TDI REMAP!

That'll be the thread I showed you the other day - you should really start listening to me Matthew. lol
  11. Chriswaite130

Vag air filter price warning

+1 When I had my Ibiza, if I wanted parts I always went to SERE, best prices around (on par with TMS I always found) and very fast delivery
  12. Chriswaite130

PD150 help please

Oh right :( possible new turbo then?
  13. Chriswaite130

PD150 help please

Excellent, thanks for the help!
  14. Chriswaite130

PD150 help please

Interesting lol, can it be done in situ or is it turbo off? Thanks!
  15. Chriswaite130

PD150 help please

That's what I thought - but he thought leaking vac hose. What can be used to clean then vanes?
  16. Chriswaite130

PD150 help please

Hi guys, sorry to bump an old thread. The original problem of the vibration has been solved, however it now keeps going into limp mode. Its been scanned and brings up a code shown in the picture below. Anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks
  17. Chriswaite130

FMIC opinions on performance pd130

Actual power gains from a FMIC wont be much, but it'll pull harder for longer in the summer months without suffering heat soak.
  18. Chriswaite130

Car pulls left after alignment, wobble noise when cornering & shakes at high speeds

Yup my front left wheel bearing went and had no signs of wear. Mechanic said it was fine, but the noise kept going to the point where I happily paid to change it anyway. Solved the issue :) Also, a cheaper alternative if you think its the tyres is to change the wheels from front to back to...
  19. Chriswaite130

Car pulls left after alignment, wobble noise when cornering & shakes at high speeds

Wheel bearing? They make the noise described when they're shot. Jack the car up and spin the wheel - you should hear it. Ibiza's are bad for pulling to the left anyway even with the tracking done. Is it lowered? That can kill the insides of the tyres
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise