Search results

1. Small Dilemma, car value (do i sell extras lol)

Sounds sensible, i think i'll leave it as it is then, it's probably priced about right i'd say if those extras do make it a little more desirable. to save people searching for my ad, it's ; 02 plate Ovni yellow 67k cambelt and water pump done at 66k full history
  2. Small Dilemma, car value (do i sell extras lol)

I've unfortunately decided to sell my LCR, it's a great car and i've priced it at what i consider a fair price, it is an early car but it comes with both satnav and front and rear recaros. It's priced at £7500. now my dilemma is, do i sell the recaros and fit some standard seats.....then...
  3. Refurbing Your Brembos: For Dummies

I did this the other day....got a bit over zealous with the wet sanding and the Brembo logo came away. So i removed it completely and fitted Porsche badges instead lol.
  4. Lc Tip

Doh ....i meant to type Turbo intake pipe...god knows why i put throttle lol.
  5. Lc Tip

TIP? is that for throttle intake pipe?? lol (i'm new to Seat's and there glossary of terms) You'll not get any improvements performance wise if it is. You may get a slightly different induction sound though. The main reason for changing them is due to there strength, when running high...
  6. Cam Belt Change, LCR.

the water pump itself is only about £30 from a motor factors, it's held in with 3 bolts and takes literally two minutes to change, so for them to add on that much i'd say is very unfair!
  7. Water pump failure

just done my cambelt, water pump and cam cover gasket and a couple of coilpacks....quite tricky jobs really. i got my pump from my local motor factors, it was a QH part with a brass impeller...£32.
  8. ECU warning light LCR 2003

I think my coilpacks may be goosed....intermittent missfires, engine light on, occasional high revving...sound right? i'll take them off your hands if you like?
  9. First Impressions

i have that light on now....which coilpack was it? all of them or just one?
  10. Temp Gauge stuck?? heaters not hot!

yeah coolant level is bang on.....i'll add it to the list of jobs to do when i do the ambelt then. thanks for the replies guys
  11. Cheap Upgrade on your 312mm brake system

A 6 pot caliper would only look like a 6 pot caliper if it had 6 pots!!! those are just large 4 pots, i have seen larger though. you can get 12 pot calipers that are around that size too. :)
  12. Temp Gauge stuck?? heaters not hot!

MY temp gauge is barely moving from 60....it never ever gets up to 90 now, sometimes it'll just manage to get to around 70. also the blowers aren't getting as hot as they should be? my first thought is that the thermostat is stuck open? is this a common problem? i'm doing the cam belt...
  13. Complete respray required?- Faded Ovni

[email protected] do have some but the corrosion has to be from inside out for them to sort it, probably meaning new panels etc! i've been quoted £1500 so far...from a guy i know does a really really good job, lso waiting on another quote from a mate...should be a little cheaper, i could ask...
  14. Complete respray required?- Faded Ovni

I visited the approved body work shop, the manager said the car needs a full respray, but unfortunately for me the warranty only covers perforation/corrosion. my car is nearly 6 yrs old though and the customer services lady said they definitely won't cover fading....if your car is less than...
  15. LCR 249 Bypass

i'm fairly sure i've done this correctly...but i now have an engine warning light illuminated! lol
  16. LCR 249 Bypass

Thanks...i'll have a Pat Butchers tonight :D
  17. LCR 249 Bypass

i'll be totally honest and say i have no idea what the N249 is lol. Any pics? ( i've seen the other threads too, but no LCR pics ). On the airbox to turbo inlet pipe i have a bailey recirc' dump valve, and a standard looking valve ( is this the N249? )
  18. Cheap Upgrade on your 312mm brake system

I had these brakes fitted to my old Cosworth...they cost me around £850 all in, that included the calipers, proper braided hoses, bells, rotors and some road pads. The calipers are made by Brembo and are standard fit on some porsche models...the kit is put together by compbrake and is...
  19. Complete respray required?- Faded Ovni

OK.... i just gave my local dealer a call...they were very pleasant and friendly. they have given me the number for a body shop...i am popping there this afternoon for them to assess the extent of the work. The lady said the car had a 6yr paint warranty...so maybe, just maybe i may get...
  20. Complete respray required?- Faded Ovni

i might give it a shot actually.:)
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.