Search results

1. DSG gearbox issues

Hi all... its been a while since i last logged in (previously had the mk2 leon). Just after a bit of advice really with the old dsg gearbox (normally a fan although I hate it currently and its putting me off having another in future). Basically long story short (before I go on this is...
  2. New to SEAT, thoughts on 1.8 TSI?

I picked up a 13plate 1.8 on friday and so far I love it other than taking a bit to get used to the DSG7 box though, I had the dsg in my old leon mk2 but this box seems totaly different characteristics. having come from a type r (fn2) to this leon, power is more than fine for me, ill still...
  3. cupra r alarm going off

anything that can be done until tomorrow morning? just done a quick search and it appears a few people have had the same issue.
  4. cupra r alarm going off

anyone have any isses with your alarm constantly going off for no reason? mums lcr seems to have delevoped a habit today of constantly going off but nothing around or anywhere close, done it 3 times in the last 10-15 mins, she also had someone at work come and mention that the hazard lights...
  5. DSG & Supercopa questions

as said only downside for me is coming up to junctions (depends if i am in d or -/+ if im in d then its not too bad sits in 2nd until you practically stop (even up bank which is annoying), but in -/+ then it kicks you down into first at about 5mph so annoying when you go to pull out on a...
  6. pd170 dead as a dodo

the diy fix that they did worked a treat never did it again after that, but he obviosuly had to tell me to go and get it fixed properly.
  7. pd170 dead as a dodo

this happened to me when i had my ibiza, drove 25odd miles home, parked up for 5 mins, went to go back out and not even a turn over from the starter motor (no lights appeared or anything before hand - usual coil light etc came on when turning the key to start), turned out to be the wire that...
  8. Engine not warming up to optimum 90 deg

I can drive for a good 30-40mins of my journey and not reach the 90degrees even sat in traffic, all depends how much i put my foot down and outside temperature. I have done my entire commute to work once without it reaching the 90 mark mind you it was like -5 outside and i was driving like...
  9. What did you and your MK2 do today?

just booked it in for its service :)
  10. cr170 vs pd170/what would you do?

well... i am keeping mine :lol: I hadnt actually decided but i had my mind made up for me yesterday :lol: when my mum agreed on a deal to change to a cupra r :mad: quite jealous :lol:, but im hoping to make a similar move later next year.
  11. FL Cupra R wheel wobble - help needed please!

My wheel wobble has come back since swapping the tyres back over to winter ones (2 fronts new tyres) rear 2 part worn (they were the rears from last year).... anyway person balancing up said that the 2 on the left hand side were a right pita to balance as the insides of both wheels on the left...
  12. turn EGR down with Vagcom

stupid question... what does this do?
  13. What did you and your MK2 do today?

well... apparently my paddles have arrived so i may fit them this evening after my lecutre.
  14. cr170 vs pd170/what would you do?

mine - although i have had the plate recess and bottom lip bit wrapped in black. Mums
  15. What did you and your MK2 do today?

in that case.... off to ebay i go :lol:
  16. What did you and your MK2 do today?

schnazzle - how easy are they to fit?
  17. dealer servicing v's using an independant

well only possible benefit for dealer is (as my mum has found out) if something goes wrong out of warrenty and it has been constantly serviced there then seat uk will pay towards certain repairs. but as said indies are much cheaper and better to deal with imo and i dont feel like they will...
  18. Looking at getting a Seat Leon FR TDI

I have the cr170 dsg and my mum has the pd170 manual (i have been using hers all week). MPG Journey to work is 25/26 miles all a roads CR on my way to work i get around 42-45 driving steadyish, way home i get around 39-42 traffic depending I think i have seen 50 twice in the year and a bit...
  19. cr170 vs pd170/what would you do?

You say the cr is better on fuel but I seriously struggle to get 44mpg in mine yet my mums even with me putting my foot down more I struggle to get it below 44 in the pd. So mpg in my mum's is another pro. If I'm honest though the smoothness of mine is winning me over atm plus the interior/dash
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.