Search results

1. prawn

Just gassing- colour scheme for harnesses and roll cage

it depends on your cage type. A cage where the front legs trace down the A-pillars will require the dash removing. All the seats and steering wheel MUST come out for a cage install anyway. A cage where the front legs drop down in front of the dash like an OMPAB-105P will not require dash...
  2. prawn

Grahams81-Leon 4wd, Big Turbo - Back in the saddle :-)

I keep popping back in here, love the progress Graham. really looking forward to seeing it finished :)
  3. prawn

AmD Rolling Road day, Nov 10th 2013

Is there a limit on numbers chaps? If not, id really like in! 1)Dk RR 2) t0m RR 3) EL RR 4) Lee M RR 5) Kami RR 6) Reece1591 RR 7) Ash RR 8) Alec RR 9) Richy Cupra RR 10) Doctor Gonzo RR 11) Kaza RR (new car part 3 ) 12) seatleon2012 RR 13) Readie46 14) rich.leon RR 15) Harris 16) R666ECE RR...
  4. prawn

t0m's LCR AmD Stage 2 - Turini's, Wavetrac LSD, Recaro's..

The shims will not effect power output. Result sounds bang on the money for the spec and it seems the rollers are reading spot on. Good work by AMD I say :) beautiful car this!
  5. prawn

IH786's LCR BBT K04 - Full spec list on page 1!! / Colour change - Finished?

You poor ******* :( Seriously hard time of it lately!!!
  6. prawn

IH786's LCR BBT K04 - Full spec list on page 1!! / Colour change - Finished?

car sounds fantastic mate, how are you enjoying it now that you have it back? it's a lovely looking setup for sure. As you know, mine was mapped again last week too, and it's finally cracked that 350 figure leaving ****** with 353 from a very similar setup to yours. It's all in the timing it...
  7. prawn

Dv & waste gate removal!!

this guy cannot be for real..... How does one remove a wastegate exactly? turbo off and remove the penny washer? that'd give you no boost at all. Remove the actuator perhaps which is so often wrongly called a wastegate, and you've got nothing to hold the wastegate shut.... Weld up the penny...
  8. prawn

Best FMIC for a LC?

another option, if you want to save some time / effort, is to re-use the original charge pipe instead of the first alloy 90 off the turbo. Do do this, use a 51-51 straight coupler, and mount the old charge pipe backwards sticking up and forwards from the turbo, then use a 51-63 reducer to go...
  9. prawn

Best FMIC for a LC?

This is my version of the Welly cooler, for the A3. This arrangement is for a ko3 framed turbo, and should work with minimal/zero trimming of the pipes/silicon. Ko4 fitment is slightly different, replacing the turbo outlet pipe with a 54-63mm silicon reducer. This is the core, as owned by many...
  10. prawn

Wild Willy's Leon Cupra R- 325 Badger Horse Power.

Good results Willy :) a few questions though, as always! The trans losses seem unusually high, 253 at the wheels, and 325 at the flywheel? mine recorded 254 at the wheels yet just 291 at the crank on the conservative map it was on previously, so much, much lower losses. I wonder if that's a...
  11. prawn

track day advice

Ronnin has it, it'll be the ARB hitting the driveshaft. Because the gearbox isn't central to the car, this only effects the right hand side wheel, which explains the 'left corners' problem you have when the front right wheel is compressed. Before people all start telling you what you should do...
  12. prawn

who said you cant go euro on a cupra

Wheels aside (I couldn't care less), has nobody else picked up on the 'grinding brake calipers' down comment? Grinding your brake calipers down for a wheel fitment is a terrifying idea. You should never be messing with something so safety critical like that. Weakening the brake calipers is...
  13. prawn

my gt30 ibiza cupra,rollcage,bride seats, part time track car new track wheels :)

Car looks good man, lovely finish on that roll cage :) Will be great once the shell is in paint!
  14. prawn

Dan's GTX3582r, 2.0 20v, project '600'

Personally, I think that's a bullshit sales figure. In theory yes, a 2871 should make 400bhp on a 20vt, but it simply doesn't happen. Even the lads on 3071's are only seeing high 300's often. So long as it drives well Dan, that's all that matters! I'd be very interested to see how it...
  15. prawn

Dan's GTX3582r, 2.0 20v, project '600'

336.8bhp, interesting. Wellys hybrid, now on my car, is also a ko4 housing, and that topped out at 338bhp. I'm seeing a pattern! Wonder where mine will top out when it's allowed to go nuts. Lovely torque though Dan, Interesting how the torque curve follows an identical plot to the ko4, just...
  16. prawn

maf / boost guage

AMD OR Awesome? theyre two different companies. What's the car? 1 bar on a remap sounds low. 1.4 bar sounds far more likely to be the correct figure.
  17. prawn

Loud turbo after mods

yup, imagine your girlfriends hair dryer on speed 1, it makes some noise. Now turn it up to speed 2, it's blowing much more air, drying her hair quicker, and making a lot more noise. It's exactly the same with your turbo :)
  18. prawn

UniSettings - Exhaust Pops On Overrun

When pops and backfires are a natural byproduct of how a car is tuned, then that's absolutely fine. When you're going out of your way to make your modern and refined engine and management pop and bang because it's 'cool', then that's not OK. it's a bit sad....
  19. prawn

Cupra R Gearbox Change - Hard Job ?

I did a 6 speed box swap on the side of the pavement in Pompey once using only halfords basic tools. Not a nice job, but do-able in a day for sure if you're reasonably competent.
  20. prawn

Forge 007p fitting

it makes a stupid noise when it's in backwards. Backwards is wrong, look at the physics/ pressures involved and it's clearly wrong. Put it the right way round. You're not going to get any sound without an air filter anyway.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.