Search results

1. Anyone replaced their fuel flap (not the solenoid)?

The solenoid on my fuel flap failed quite a while ago but it failed open and I never got round to getting it fixed. My flap continued to open and close fine by pushing on it (it just didn't lock). I know however guys on this forum have replaced theirs and it's a reasonably easy job. My problem...
  2. Fuel cap jammed shut

Emergency guys. Tried to refuel today and fuel cap wont budge. Think the actuator may be a goner. Does anyone know if there is an emergency release and where? Took the boot lining and plastic trim away from behind the cap but can only see wiring looms. No cable release of any sorts. Manual as...
  3. dash cam

Exact same installation as the one I put in my Leon last year. http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=4564365&postcount=105
  4. Titanium wheel paint

They look good. What paint colour did you opt for and is that two-tone or just the angle of the inset surfaces making them look darker than the face? I have the titanium pack alloys and am in exact same situation as you were. Edit: Reread your post more closely and realise that your inset...
  5. Front grill FR badge

Some wee chancer has stolen my FR badge off my front grill during the night. Anyone know where I can get a replacement, cheers.
  6. DIY hardwire dashcam installation

I just used a black self adhesive pad for the lens and the unit. I might need to get better ones for the unit though because it's stuck onto glass.
  7. DIY hardwire dashcam installation

As promised, photos of my new install. Mobius with lens extension and its battery replaced with a capacitor. I've mounted the lens on the back of the rearview mirror, only thing visible from within the car is the cable running between the lens and the unit but I plan on tidying that up anyway. I...
  8. Media - USB problem

I've had the same issue but it's happened more often using a usb stick so I tend to stick to sd cards now.
  9. Brake dust...

Also satisfied with C5 Wheel Armour although agree that it doesn't last for as long as they claim.
  10. 2011 Ibiza Salvage Project

Any update on your project mate?
  11. DIY hardwire dashcam installation

Worked a treat, cheers. Mobius now up and running! :) Will post pics of my install as soon as I get a chance.
  12. DIY hardwire dashcam installation

Thanks for replies chris and kev. I'm thinking it might be the ground I'm using. Is there a knack to getting the side panel of the dash off so I can use the screw in terry's original post?
  13. DIY hardwire dashcam installation

Has anyone ever had an issue with the add-a-circuit piggyback fuse holders? I've tried 2 of these now (different sellers on ebay) and still can't get my dashcam up and running. I get a voltage readout on my multimeter across the fuse socket which protects the 12v cigarette lighter circuit I'm...
  14. My Car pics, can you spot my additions?

Good stuff, although for an extra tenner you could have also removed those hideous reg plates with free advertising for a dealer on them.
  15. Dashcam powered by usb media-in adapter?

Cheers bzoow, top advice. Always good to hear from someone who has already done the job. And I do plan on using a 12V-5V dc converter. I linked to the one I've ordered off ebay above.
  16. Dashcam powered by usb media-in adapter?

It's down in the manual as location F40. I haven't had a look yet at the board but presumably they're numbered. Edit: In fact the photos above show they are numbered.
  17. Dashcam powered by usb media-in adapter?

After a bit more reading I've decided to hard wire it now instead. This is what I propose to do: Piggyback on the 12V cigarette lighter fuse in the glove box with the following: tinyurl.com/ohwmufq Yellow 20A fuse would go back into piggyback holder and a new ATO 2A fuse would go in as well...
  18. Dashcam powered by usb media-in adapter?

The mobius needs 5V at 1A usb connection so looks like I should be good to go.
  19. Dashcam powered by usb media-in adapter?

Has anyone tried the above? I am contemplating buying a Mobius camera to use as a dashcam and the glovebox would be a better location to plug the usb power lead in instead of the 12V socket beneath the arm rest.
  20. Rear wiper replacement

I did a search and didn't find it so for anyone searching for similar in the future, the model of Bosch wiper required for the mk3 is A331H.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.