Search results

1. scotty18

tyre wheel problem

its the front wheels mate, changed bearings not long ago but supose one could have failed.
  2. scotty18

tyre wheel problem

the tyres are toyo t1-r so not cheap ones and practicly new,also when i put the spair on which has p zero on the noise is still there.
  3. scotty18

tyre wheel problem

iv got a mate who does my tyres for me so will get him to check them and re balance them,will swap front to back 1st just to make sure.
  4. scotty18

tyre wheel problem

just swaped my wheels front to back and now have a huming noise from front near side and vibrates,i pritty sure its not wheel bearing as iv not long ago changed both front ones. could it be a mis shaped tyre or flat spot that i didnt feel when it was on the back. any ideas?
  5. scotty18

Leon Cupra R 225 Gearbox Advice

nearly a year later from when mine started and its still going strong! drives fine but sounds awfull,just cant aford to sort it so will be staying like it till it stops working :/
  6. scotty18

Drivers door light / puddle light

how do you get to the lock mines gone aswell
  7. scotty18

gearboxes

mine goes into gear fine and drives fine but sounds awfull.
  8. scotty18

problem

will try that then, its handy him having the same engine can just sawp bits till i find whats wrong :) im still confused as to why its only above 80 and only on full throttle.
  9. scotty18

problem

ok thanks will try that at weekend, my dad has a s3 so could just swap them and take it for a spin intead of just unplugging it,would that be better?
  10. scotty18

problem

do you mean taking it for a drive with it unplugged?
  11. scotty18

problem

well its not the coil pack, put a new one on today cleared faults went out and still the same. its really odd only happens of full throttle over 80mph half throttle its fine.
  12. scotty18

gearboxes

cant aford the price for a recon or aford to have the car off the road its the only car i have and needed for work every day.
  13. scotty18

problem

i dont no for shure that its not the coil pack but normaly when they go it drives ruff all the time not just over 80mph but will swap and make shure.
  14. scotty18

gearboxes

i did think that thats why i didnt buy one, only thing confusing me was both ones i went to see they said came of a lcr and worked fine basicly the codes on the boxes i went to see were 02m 302 103 D and on mine it is 02m 301 103 R and the boxes were slightly different with how they looked, cant...
  15. scotty18

problem

yea cleared the faults havnt had chance to check them again, but the car does the same after the faults been cleared,.
  16. scotty18

gearboxes

yea but has the transfer box with it ud need to make a cover plate for it, all the boxes iv seen start with 02m but rest is different.
  17. scotty18

gearboxes

anyone know what gearboxes fit in a lcr been to look at 2 over the weekend which advertised as lcr boxes turned out they were tdi boxes, different codes to whats on the box in my car they also look slightly different. are they fine in the lcr or am i better off finding one with the same code.
  18. scotty18

problem

been out fo a drive on a private runway today, when i go from 80mph onward on full throttle the car shakes and engine light flashes, pluged it into vag-com when i got back came up with n249 valve (which is bypassed) and missfire cylinder 1 check the coilpack which was in perfect order which i...
  19. scotty18

Looking to buy a LCR

mines done it for a year and now does it in 1st 2nd 3rd 4th really loud very anoying,putting a 2nd hand box in tmoro so hopefully that will be ok.
  20. scotty18

Looking to buy a LCR

keep a eye out for the gearbox whine in when you lift off the throttle in gears 1 to 4
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.