Search results

1. Altea XL rear O/S brake light melted

Hi guys Thanks for getting back to me. I am going to have a go at removing this to expose the damage, or at least get the camera in there to take a picture. Ill share the picture then to show you what I mean. Thanks again. Phill
  2. Altea XL rear O/S brake light melted

Hi Guys Just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I have a brake light out, the one on the inside of the car rather than the boot, which basically is all melted and therefore won't maintain a connection in the housing. Does anyone know of an after market supplier of...
  3. rubbish radio reception here is why !

Hi Guys I replaced my HU some time back for a JVC which has dual input for standard FM and the ISO connection for DAB. I managed to find an adapter which would take the FAKRA input the car supplies and then split this out to the dual inputs of din and FAKRA inputs my HU has. I have taken...
  4. Mk 4 Haynes Manual ?

anyone got an isbn number for this? Cheers Phill
  5. Electric folding mirrors driver mirror folds too far out!

Thanks mate:lol: Worked a treat. Now lets hope mine is more of a permanent fix than yours! Esp as mine is 3 years old and just passed the 100k mark! Cheers Phill
  6. Electric folding mirrors driver mirror folds too far out!

Hi Guys This is a very weird one. I have an Ibiza FR which has the "luxury" pack fitted, meaning I get folding mirrors. The only problem is that it has just picked up a fault, so that when you fold the mirrors out, the left side one is fine but my one bends back out too far. The only...
  7. Electric Folding Mirrors that auto fold

Hi John Thanks for the advice. I tried this both on my mk4 ibiza and our new mk5. Neither worked. Is there any other way of doing this or is it just not possible? Thanks Phill
  8. Electric Folding Mirrors that auto fold

Hi Guys Had my Ibiza FR for almost two years now. On the whole loved it and convinced the missus she needed a new one, so she has the new shape Ibiza, 5 door, CC, tinted windows, cruise control and electric folding wing mirrors. Now I may digress, however it occurred to me the subtle...
  9. Suggestions for a new aftermarket head unit for Ibiza FR 56 plate, or any other ibiza

Hi BigWill I was really meaning the adapter, not the whole head unit. While your one is very nice, I neither need it, nor would feel comfortable having something like that in my car, unless I lived in a secure compound, which I dont! I was just wondering for the people who bought the same head...
  10. Suggestions for a new aftermarket head unit for Ibiza FR 56 plate, or any other ibiza

One other thing I meant to ask, did anyone ever buy the ipod adapter? If so where from and how much was it? Thanks Phill
  11. Suggestions for a new aftermarket head unit for Ibiza FR 56 plate, or any other ibiza

Nicky Just bought one, (yea I know but I just got married and so managed to get it around er indoors!). Im having trouble installing it and keeping it in place, especially with re-fitting the holder below it. Do you happen to have any special tips for the install? I am thinking that there is...
  12. Cupra Steering wheel audio controls

Did anyone actually do this in the end? Cheers Phill
  13. Driving in Europe - Do I have to buy a lamp kit

Thanks guys As it happened I bought the little grey things in the end. Were a bit of a pain to remove but then I used label remover to get rid of the glue afterwards and that sorted it again. The autobahns were fun, however I normally get worried when I hit around the 70 mph + speed on our...
  14. Driving in Europe - Do I have to buy a lamp kit

Hi Guys Im going to drive to Germany on Thursday, and will be taking a route though France - Belgium - Netherlands - Germany. Aside from a poncy yellow jacket, first aid kit and a warning triangle, with my ibiza fr do I have to fit anything to cover the headlamps? I ask because I...
  15. Suggestions for a new aftermarket head unit for Ibiza FR 56 plate, or any other ibiza

Did the steering adapter ever come out NickyJam? Phill
  16. Closure Of Watford And New Southgate Branches

mxcupra Just out of interest why would you not take your car to coupers? What has been your experience there? Thanks Phill
  17. Closure Of Watford And New Southgate Branches

Felt a bit of a twonk yesterday morning turning up and the place being shut. No signs up any more just a bit of paper to call seat helpline. Apparently there was going to be a deal with coupers of st albans but that fell through and as seat own a stake, they wound it up, plunging it into...
  18. Cupra Steering wheel audio controls

When you do the mod, can you take some pictures and perhaps write a guide for us? Many thanks Phill
  19. Cupra Steering wheel audio controls

No one else know how to do this?
  20. Suggestions for a new aftermarket head unit for Ibiza FR 56 plate, or any other ibiza

Ooooh I like! Just a pain about the steering wheel controls. Is this defo going to come out for the ibiza at some point? Whats the ipod connectivity like? I assume that as soon as the steering wheel controls are had that this becomes an even more viable option. Take it this sounds very...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members