Search results

1. MP3 CDs - 09 Leon

hello, In itunes you need to change the preferences in the advanced bit to mp3. You then need to burn only mp3s to this disc. To do this you need to essentially convert tracks from their original format to mp3s. I can;t quite remember how I did it but think it's under convert (or...
  2. Where to store the user manual (guide) ?

The leon is terrible for storage space. The thing is, it's not like they haven't made an effort with storage but they didn't use their sense in putting in proper size. The glove box one is pathetic and the under passenger seat storage is a great idea but not big enough. The passenger seat has...
  3. Fuel Economy - what do you get??

I have a 1.6 stylance too. At one point (Spring and Summer) I was getting a minimum of 34 mpg (town and country) and a max of about 44. Once I even managed a whooping 57 mpg. I wasn't driving like a granny either. Now however my mpg has gone right down. I struggle to get to 40mph at all. I...
  4. Replacing wipers. Is the dealer telling a lie?

:)thanks all. Seeing as it's such a nice day today i'll look to clean them later. I love this forum! :clap:
  5. Replacing wipers. Is the dealer telling a lie?

My wipers are starting to make the horrible squek noise after the rain. It's been going on for quite a few months now. I've tried cleaning the underside of them and this does improve them (slightly). Anyway so I took the car in for a service and thought I'd ask the stealer about the wipers...
  6. Spring noise

No sounds like the hissing noise you describe. Only... i seem to get this noise when just travelling on a normal road rather than over bumps as well. Will have the stealers look at them.
  7. Spring noise

Hi there, I'm not sure if I have a problem with the springs on my car or not. If the road is uneven etc then i seem to get a noise of the spring - it's kind of like a hissing noise. It's got to the point where it is quite loud and you can hear it with the windows down. I accept that the...
  8. Noisy Wipers?

mines' an 06 but had it since October last year. Done 10k miles. Service in October so will probably wait to get the dealer to look at it then.
  9. Noisy Wipers?

I have this same problem. I'm not sure if the wipers need replacing or if it's the screen that needs washing properly etc. It's really annoying though. Apparently replacing the wipers are approx 60 quid! (for front set)
  10. AUX in

Can anyone tell me if i have an aux in for the radio. I own a stylance 06 plate. There doesn't seem to be a socket that has aux in neither does the radio have a selection for it - i.e. it just has FM, AM, CD etc.. Where the gear stick is i have the 12v socket on the back of this (i.e...
  11. Want to get calipers painted... advice?

no offence but they will never be white as soon as you drive off the tarmac. But good luck and let us see them once they're done!
  12. Tax

I would try and check out the link but cannot get into it - probably all the millions of people trying to access it. Mine is an 06 stylance 1.6. Dealer paid the tax (£160). Hoping it doesn't go up for me to do in October. Bloody government, all they do is keep taxing us one way or another...
  13. Have they put the right oil in my car?!?!

Mine hasn't either (since October when i purchased the car)! Not sure if I should be worried or not really? Car drives great and has done about 10k (since Oct 5k). Bloody hate the dip stick too but that's another story!:headhurt:
  14. how much for 40k service?

that sounds well expensive. Where are you based? Myabe somewhere where there are a few garages to compare? Might even be worth while calling up other garages in other areas for a quote to come back to the original one with?
  15. Fuel (Petrol cars only)

OOps sorry it was 250 miles (not 280) but still quite good. Oh and before people asked - i was doing between 70-80 mostly on the m way although there was some sections where only doing 50 course of average speed cameras and traffic. Still well pleased though. Love my car! ;)
  16. Noise from the clutch?

I had a problem iwht the clutch where everytime I depressed it i got a creaking noise. Took to the dealer and repaired it - apparently this is a common fault on Leons. Although apparently it doesn't do any damage it was annoying.
  17. Fuel (Petrol cars only)

Usually Shell as it's the closest to me. Although sometimes the supermarket because it's 5p cheaper! To be honest though I don't see any difference. On the weekend I filled up a full tank from Sainsburys (117) and used up approximately over half a tank to get to Bournemouth and back (as...
  18. took delevery of my mk2 leon yesterday :)

Hello another 1.6 Stylance owner here. Loving the car
  19. Random

My cars definitely UK made! Maybe manual wrong? Anyway will speak to the dealers in next service about this. Itt's not such a problem but if it can be fixed then...
  20. Random

Ok so i'm not sure if this is a problem or if this is how it's meant to be (if it is then its strange). Issue: Playing random CD tracks. Have noticed that if you press the random key then play a track and then press forwards the next train is the next order ie. if 12 is playing then 13 would...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.