Search results

1. NJG

Exclusive website discount for ALL forum members!

My email received, and thank you for the discount code, however, the code is not being accepted unfortunately. It says code does not exist. Do you think the website has an issue with the codes at the moment? Thank again.....
  2. NJG

VCDS - Low Beam Reflector Motor

Hi All My trusty FR is now coming up to 230,000mls, and still going strong! Just recently plugged in my VCDS, as I have a bulb warning light showing on the dash, (after 230k, I can put up with just that!) and it relates to the following error.... 02498 - Left Low Beam Reflector Motor...
  3. NJG

New Brake Caliper supplied (or not)??????

Hi Rusty2k Having been out to the car for a second look with a bright LED torch, as you rightly say, they have indeed supplied a new caliper body, but have retained the original brake carrier Doh!! my bad. :doh: As the original calipers were freshly painted, they closely match the new...
  4. NJG

Thanks for the quick reply :) I suspect they only changed the "defective" part of the caliper, but have charged for a complete unit, and that's where I was unsure as to what is interchangeable within a caliper. I just presumed you have to replace the entire caliper . I'm only going by the...
  5. NJG

Hi all Just a quick question please.... I booked my 2007 Leon in for a problem with a sticky\seized handbrake arm on the rear caliper. Unknown at the time of booking in, but the handbrake wasn't holding. The local garage (non dealer) charged me for a new caliper at £118.00 plus 2 hours...
  6. NJG

how many miles has everybody done??

My 2001 Cupra 180 is currently on 234,000 miles. I sold it after 7 years ownership at 174,000 , but recently discovered its current mileage. Also own a 2007 MK2 Leon FR, which is still going strong from new at 218,000 mls. Great workhorse!!
  7. NJG

Advice pls for possible wheel bearing issue?

Hi All I'm currently in France, having driven down yesterday fully loaded for about 600 miles. In the last hour of the 9 hour journey, a droning noise was heard over the sound of the engine. Almost sounds like a blown exhaust. I know in the past I had a similar issue with uneven wear...
  8. NJG

AFS Inoperative - Battery?

Hi All My Leon FR has Bi Xenons with AFS, and for the first time I noticed on the dash, "AFS Inoperative" when I tried to start the car this morning. The battery feels like it's weak, as it hasn't wanted to turn the engine over very well the last few days, and the AFS warning light flashed up...
  9. NJG

Loss of brake fluid

Thanks guys It was the caliper. £140 for the job.
  10. NJG

Loss of brake fluid

Hi All, just a quick one.. My Sister's Leon Mk2 FR 2007 - Loss of Brake fluid (reservoir very low) - OFR wheel evidence of brake fluid leak - Filled reservoir back up, and pumped brake pedal . Fluid dripping when pedal pumped. I haven't been able to go over to check her car, but assume it...
  11. NJG

Leon FR Cam Belt Slip

Well I got the car back today. Job done under the parts warranty. Apparently the bolt\stud that retains the tensioner to the engine block had sheared the thread within the aluminium block as it worked its way loose. This was the second case the dealership had experienced, and the thing in...
  12. NJG

Leon FR Cam Belt Slip

Hi Guys Thought I might share this with you for reference, in case anyone has a similar story in the future. My wife's MK2 Leon FR TDi (2007) has covered 207,000 miles from new, and still has a FSH from SEAT main dealer. Car is used for commuting from the South West to London every week...
  13. NJG

DPF Woes, and what is Eolys fluid \ is it required??

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. Regarding the fumes, we took the car back to the dealer, and they checked their work when they replaced the injectors, and couldn't find anything wrong. (For some reason I thought they found the cause, but looking back on the service records, they couldn't find...
  14. NJG

DPF Woes, and what is Eolys fluid \ is it required??

We have a MKII Leon FR 174bhp (2007), and it's been a great workhorse for us. The car has now covered 160,000 mls About 18mths or 2 yrs ago (I think) there was a recall for this model, for replacement injectors, and we had the car booked in for the free replacement. Prior to this, the car...
  15. NJG

Bad condensation on rear screen

Wet Wet Wet! Up until only this week, my LCR has been dry since I've had it (4yrs), but I noticed a small pool of water in the front offside footwell. Car was parked facing downhill for a couple of days. I dried it out using a VAX, and then parked it uphill, only to discover the next day that...
  16. NJG

Centre Grill Removal (for horn access)

Well I finally got the black trim off the top of the centre grills, and managed to get the horns out through the gap. Yeehaa!! :)
  17. NJG

Aggressive Clay -

Hi thanks for the reply. I do have a machiune polisher, so that's not a problem. I'm not sure the Bilt Hamber Regular auto clay bar is any more aggresive than the Megs smooth bar I currently have, hence the inclination to use a more aggresive clay. The paint spotting is very hard to budge.
  18. NJG

Aggressive Clay -

I'm used to using Megs smooth clay for general usage, but it won't touch paint spots that fell upon the car from somebody spraying a boat nearby with I think white gloss. I've tried removing the spots that fell on the windows with a plastic credit card, but they still won't budge. Has anyone...
  19. NJG

Nope, the horns are definately in front of the radiator, and can be clearly seen looking down through the bonnet latch and top of the center grills. I've looked underneath the engine for access, but looks like the front bumper has a deep underpan that connect to the undertray, which is too far...
  20. NJG

Hi, tks for the reply. Were your horns behind the wheel arch? I was originally told that the horns were located behind the front nearside wheel arch, so after taking out the screws and lifting back the liner, I didn't find them. It was only when I was looking down through the front grills, that...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.