Search results

1. NJG

VCDS - Low Beam Reflector Motor

Hi All My trusty FR is now coming up to 230,000mls, and still going strong! Just recently plugged in my VCDS, as I have a bulb warning light showing on the dash, (after 230k, I can put up with just that!) and it relates to the following error.... 02498 - Left Low Beam Reflector Motor...
  2. NJG

New Brake Caliper supplied (or not)??????

Hi all Just a quick question please.... I booked my 2007 Leon in for a problem with a sticky\seized handbrake arm on the rear caliper. Unknown at the time of booking in, but the handbrake wasn't holding. The local garage (non dealer) charged me for a new caliper at £118.00 plus 2 hours...
  3. NJG

Advice pls for possible wheel bearing issue?

Hi All I'm currently in France, having driven down yesterday fully loaded for about 600 miles. In the last hour of the 9 hour journey, a droning noise was heard over the sound of the engine. Almost sounds like a blown exhaust. I know in the past I had a similar issue with uneven wear...
  4. NJG

AFS Inoperative - Battery?

Hi All My Leon FR has Bi Xenons with AFS, and for the first time I noticed on the dash, "AFS Inoperative" when I tried to start the car this morning. The battery feels like it's weak, as it hasn't wanted to turn the engine over very well the last few days, and the AFS warning light flashed up...
  5. NJG

Loss of brake fluid

Hi All, just a quick one.. My Sister's Leon Mk2 FR 2007 - Loss of Brake fluid (reservoir very low) - OFR wheel evidence of brake fluid leak - Filled reservoir back up, and pumped brake pedal . Fluid dripping when pedal pumped. I haven't been able to go over to check her car, but assume it...
  6. NJG

Leon FR Cam Belt Slip

Hi Guys Thought I might share this with you for reference, in case anyone has a similar story in the future. My wife's MK2 Leon FR TDi (2007) has covered 207,000 miles from new, and still has a FSH from SEAT main dealer. Car is used for commuting from the South West to London every week...
  7. NJG

DPF Woes, and what is Eolys fluid \ is it required??

We have a MKII Leon FR 174bhp (2007), and it's been a great workhorse for us. The car has now covered 160,000 mls About 18mths or 2 yrs ago (I think) there was a recall for this model, for replacement injectors, and we had the car booked in for the free replacement. Prior to this, the car...
  8. NJG

Aggressive Clay -

I'm used to using Megs smooth clay for general usage, but it won't touch paint spots that fell upon the car from somebody spraying a boat nearby with I think white gloss. I've tried removing the spots that fell on the windows with a plastic credit card, but they still won't budge. Has anyone...
  9. NJG

Centre Grill Removal (for horn access)

My twin horns need replacing on my LCR. They are situated in front of the radiator, and can easily be seen looking down from the centre grill. Getting to them is another thing. I want to avoid taking the bumper off. So, I am able take the plastic rivet fastners out that hold the top of the...
  10. NJG

Service \ Maintenance Book

Just a quick one.. I have a late 2005 LCR. With a duplicate service book Which of the 2 original service books shown below, should belong to this model. I presume "Book 1"... Cheers Guys Book1 Book2
  11. NJG

LCR \ Cupra - Couple of Questions

Is it me, or does the LCR (in my case a 2005 model) have slightly darker rear windows? Just noticed, and although very subtle, the rear ones appear slightly darker tint. Perhaps a late model revision? Also, having 'upgraded' from a Cupra, has the radio station and volume display in the...
  12. NJG

Nokia CK7W fitment to Seat Leon

I have a Nokia CK7W kit that previously was fitted professionally and hardwired in to the existing H\U wiring. (Didn't use any connection blocks) I am transferring the kit out of my old Cupra, to put it in my LCR. So having now disconnect it all I don't want to go down the route of cutting &...
  13. NJG

LCR or FR???? Can't make me mind up!!

Hey Guys I need some inspiration, as my 180 Cupra has given me 7 years of great service, but now I'm looking at changing it for a newer model MK1. Today I went to a local dealer, and found two great looking cars. One was a 55 plate Cupra R (31,000miles) in my favourite colour Black Magic, and...
  14. NJG

Performance Brakes or OEM????

I'm due a new set of brake discs and pads all round on my 2001 Leon Cupra, and was considering buying grooved discs and performance pads. They certainly look better , but as I'm not driving hard most of the time, would braking be less effective if the discs\pads aren't reaching temperature...
  15. NJG

Cabin light Feature not working

For some reason, the interior cabin light no longer comes on when switching off the ignition and removing the key. The radio also remains on when removing the ignition key, something that previously used to switch off. I guess this is some sort of 'convenience' feature that can be...
  16. NJG

My engine has the jitters!

I've just had a short journey back home, and while on the dual carriageway the engine started to stutter under load. The more load to the engine, and the more jittery the engine becomes. At first no warning light, but when I "tested" the problem further with a bit of a spirited driving, the...
  17. NJG

Interior Light Door Switch

Hey Guys, Where is the interior light door switch? Sometimes when I unlock the car and open the drivers door during the day, the car will lock itself after a short while, as the driver's door light switch didn't work. With daylight It's not obvious the interior light comes on (without looking...
  18. NJG

Headlight Covers Interfere with Bonnet

As much as I hate these things, I bought a pair of Seat headlight covers to protect my Xenon units. Having fitted them correctly however, the left hand cover doesn't allow the bonnet to sit flush to the wing. It catches the top edge of the cover. The right hand one is ok, but still makes...
  19. NJG

MAF Recommendations

I need to get a new MAF unit, for my 01 cupra. (£113 original) Are there aftermarket ones available? or should I stick with the original Bosch unit? This is the second one I've had in 2 years.
  20. NJG

Hidden Radio Setup Menu?

Hi Guys I've just discovered with my hard wired Nokia phone kit, it also has bluetooth built in to the system. Good news is I can use my Sony Ericsson via bluetooth and the phone still works thru the radio speakers, cutting the radio dead when in use. Unfortunately, I have no control over...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.