Search results

1. sjtscott

MOT today

Concur with the exhaust mounting brackets. I had one sheared towards the rear of the exhaust when mine was MOT'd in june, I got an advisory as the rest of the system wasn't loose enough to cause a fail. Nothing else wrong with mine due to me spending money replacing suspension, tyres and brake...
  2. sjtscott

Foldy mirrors? Opinions!!

Its pretty simple, if you opted for the leather electric seats like I did with my cupra you got the heated and folding mirrors with that option. Early Sport models had this standard. So basically if you have a cupra (not an R) with cloth seats 2001- its unlikely to have electric folding mirrors.
  3. sjtscott

Fr 150 tdi tyre pressure 45psi ???

33psi all round on my Cupra 17s, running same recommended pressure.. currently have F1 GSD3s fitted.
  4. sjtscott

Leon Brake Pads ----Sensors or not ?

EBC Reds I have on my LC def have a sensor wire on one side only.. couldn't tell you which side it is as I didn't fit them myself. I'd assume that the TDi cars have the same single sided sensor too.
  5. sjtscott

Running In

Its a company car they are always faster than ones your own yourself! I ran a company car in at its max of 135mph legally on the german autobahn once lol. I think you know where this is going.. just get on with it! :D
  6. sjtscott

Neat memory seat trick

Early Leons only with memory seats. On LCR you couldn't even get leather leccys (non memory) like I have on my Cupra.
  7. sjtscott

Pic request...fsd's/eibach combo

Hmm I've got eibatch pro kit springs on my cupra all be it with Koni Yellow Sport shocks and its prob 15mm to 20mm max.. this 30mm business is based on a standard leon or golf mk iv i.e. not a cupra which already sits lower. To be honest you'd need to know I've got the stuff fitted cos most...
  8. sjtscott

Koni STR.T Kit Opinions Please

I have Koni Sport yellow shocks on mine but dumped the springs from the kit and had Eibach Pro Springs fitted. Massive improvements in ride and handling which is exactly what I wanted, lowers the car about 15mm-20mm max only (despite what the spring kit claims) just a handy side product of the...
  9. sjtscott

How Much Fun A 4 Wheel Drive Version IS

The facelift FWD Cupra (like mine) has the Cupra 4 bodykit. All Cupra 4s had this bodykit.
  10. sjtscott

engine roar

Standard exhaust to meet emissions and noise regs and particularly having a turbo (generally make engine quieter) both don't help with engine sound note. Also the overall design/layout of the engine can produce a sound which isn't pleasing to the ear. The 1.8T engine while a fab engine doesn't...
  11. sjtscott

Green stuff!

Get EBC Redstuff.. Using them on my Stage 1 Revo LC with std discs. Did a full trackday at Bedford GT circuit over easter (new 4.2 miler) its a hard brake tester for sure. Mine got seriously hot (turned front discs blue) but didn't fade all day. Perfect on the road too. Std pads I could fade out...
  12. sjtscott

What do you think my car is worth? Leon 20VT

Interestingly enough I was pointed to this site by a mate the other day when I wanted to value my car. http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vx/finance/valueyourcar.do Basically its a glasses valuation for free! :D BTW there's no way I'll be touching any vauxhall.. before anyone starts worrying...
  13. sjtscott

Traction Control

Why do we still have LC and LCR owners getting each others systems confused? Std LC has TCS, button off = TCS off. Certain LCs have ESP as a cost option (very few have this) Std LCR has ESP which can only be turned down with the button.
  14. sjtscott

XL (Extra Load Tyres) = Essential?

Re GSD3s Mine arn't XL. No pro tyre dealer will fit a supply or fit tyre which is unsafe for the car! They work perfectly.. as tested on track (Bedford Autodrome GT) by me recently! End of.
  15. sjtscott

Tyres

£82 a corner fitted for GSD3s from Elite in Rainham essex for std 17inch MY03 alloys about 1 month ago. Anyone paying less than £100 i.e. mid £80s is refering to 225/45/17s, more than £100 a corner for F1s they are talking about 225/40/18 for std Cupra R alloys.
  16. sjtscott

SEAT just sent me picks of my new Leon Cupra, are ya jealous....lol

LOL Thats the Leon Cupra Pies Edition as my mate called it!
  17. sjtscott

Eibach Prodamper Kit & Koni fsd

As you prob know now junking the std shocks and springs transforms the car! Just changing the springs as you did first of all might have made it better but with proper shocks too its in another league! :) Personally I'm happy with it only looking a little lower. The setup I have allows me to...
  18. sjtscott

Eibach Prodamper Kit & Koni fsd

I put Koni Yellow sports shocks and Eibach Pro Kit springs on my LC. Eibach say it lowers it upto 40mm, however as the Cupra has lowered suspension anyway over a normal Leon it was actually more like 15mm all round, to say 20mm would be a little too much. It still made it noticable lower over...
  19. sjtscott

Goodyear eagles

4x brand new GSD3 from Elite fitted yesterday for my Cupra 17s. 82 inc VAT per tyre fitted/balanced. Which I think is a great deal for a proper tyre dealer. Personally not bothered about short life I've done no more than 5k miles per year since I've had my car living in London. Having added...
  20. sjtscott

Can I switch off ESP permanently?

No TCS is traction control.. if its off its off. The button says ESP if the buyer from new took it as an option. I didn't, I'm more than happy to control the car myself and almost always run with TCS off as it sharpens up the throttle response and you don't have the car holding back which it...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.