Search results

1. Single DIN DAB stereo install

Can someone help explain how to secure the head unit and what I'm doing wrong. When I put the head unit in there is a black plastic ring at the back of the cavity that is stopping it from going any further.so its sticking out at the front. Its a standard single DIN Pioneer.
  2. Seat Leon 1.8T 20v cupra

These cars are the same age as E46 so if your not intending to fix things yourself then you will be looking at least at the same or more amount of repairs for this generation of Cupra. It will feel like a downgrade in terms of interior quality at least.
  3. Door locks

The prices on ebay range from £15 - £30 approx. Are they likely to be the same quality either way?
  4. How does a Leon MK1 compare to a Golf MK4?

It always feels your much closer to whats behind you than you actually are. So when you get out after parking and see at about a metre gap, can be annoying.
  5. Drivers door lock, connector part number ?

Hi Snark, I just had the exact same issues as yourself except on the passenger side door. After wasting time and effort buying a cheap but utterly useless regulator cable kit from Okzam via ebay, which was a real pain to install and then broke whilst still testing it on the car, I bought a...
  6. Door Speaker Protection

What speakers have you fitted? I would like to upgrade mine too.
  7. seat leon 2001 auq engine fuel gauge and speedo issue

Does it occur at random whilst driving so the needles drop to 0 and don't budge until you restart the car? I have the same issue and also problems with the immobiliser shutting the car off after it starts. Sending my instrument cluster off for repair tomorrow.
  8. Help finding part

Cheers mty12345, same part broke on me today while dealing with faulty window carrier/regulator.
  9. Exhaust fitting

There's a couple of Facebook VAG groups you should take a look at for parts.
  10. Help

I have the same problem for 2 years now. It often happens :- i) If I try to start the car as soon as I insert the key. ii) when the weather's very cold or very hot You will notice the immo issue will occur when there are no lights on the dashboard and no fuel needle movement even though...
  11. Lcr mk1 under tray has come off

You can get the undertray itself from ebay too, the complete set or just the centre or left and right parts. Much cheaper than the dealer prices too. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261351953876?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
  12. what have you done to your car today ?

Happy for you BigJohn, but sad for this forum as you are a very helpful and valuable community member especially since Lee69 sold his Cupra and moved on also. Thanks for the useful knowledge and good luck with the Beemer.
  13. Leon key fob dead? No more light flashing on keyfob even after changing battery :S

Same happened to me. Swap the transponder over to a flip key fob from ebay. £30 all inc key cut from a local.
  14. Loose pipe identification

It's not connected to the N75. I found it behind the engine by the turbo and exhaust. I found it whilst trying to trace an oil leak but can't see where to reconnect it.
  15. Loose pipe identification

Can someone please tell me where the other end of this black pipe with heatwrap connects to? It runs from a metal pipe the right hand side of the engine.
  16. Sorry...cough Central cough locking...

I've had a similar problem to yourself which is now fixed by getting a new keyfob last week. After changing the battery twice in one year the circuit board in the keyfob had actually failed so the led on it wouldnt flash at all and it wouldn't lock/unlock via remote. Using the key would...
  17. 20v T FR 2005

Get replacement doors off someone who is breaking and get the OSR damage repaired.
  18. drake disc help

If you're reading this it's too late.
  19. Stuck front passenger door

I had the same fault on my rear passenger door just as my MOT was due 2 weeks ago. Try spraying the electrical connector to the door lock module but this didn't work for me, so I had to get a mobile mechanic who force opened the door from the inside by kicking the panel whilst pulling hard on...
  20. Window Seals for X-Reg Leon?

Get it off ebay, look for a reel of Butyl seal. Much cheaper.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.