Search results

1. FR3000

Engine Cover?

Engine covers Hi I've recently swapped my Beefa FR for a 2008 Leon TDi 1.9. I'm on the hunt for an engine cover since the tight wads at Seat no longer fit them as standard. I can't find the engine code for this motor in the manual. Does anyone know what the engine code is or where to...
  2. FR3000

turbo flutter bad?

From what you say I don't think you'll have problems with it - as long as the turbo doesn't shake around too much and sound like it's trying to escape from it's mountings then a bit of 'squirell mincing' is usually ok. An associate of mine does aerdynamics on turbos and runs nearly 2.5bar...
  3. FR3000

turbo flutter bad?

Recirc valves dump air into the intake system and that's not the place I'd choose to send it. Dumping the pressure reduces the tendency for the compressor on the turbo to be driven off the left side of the compressor flow map when going from engine under load to unloaded. This avoids what's...
  4. FR3000

Engine Cover?

Hi - I'm crossing over to the Leon forum now; I'll be picking up an 08 Stylance 1.9tdi this week and saying a tearful farewell to my 05 Ibiza FR 20vt. :cry: Was a bit of a rocket but costs and annual milage have finally put the nail in that one. Was looking at engine cover posts since Leons...
  5. FR3000

Rear wash problems the common fault

I refitted mine (20VT FR) as it had popped off the joint under the airbox. Sisters 2004 1.2 has the same fault - however boot joint is ok and I couldn't locate the join in the engine bay (or the hose routing for that matter), I was expecting it to be the same as my FR. Anyone know if there...
  6. FR3000

Joke letter from dealer?

Modern engines are run closer to their limits a lot of the time - as the demand for higher power and cleaner burning engines has come about they have to be run in higher states of tune than they used to, I'm sure there are some commercial drivers in their as well such as building it all down to...
  7. FR3000

Joke letter from dealer?

:wtf: I had mine done on an '05 Ibiza in 2008 at 59k miles. Main dealer price was £220 inc tensioner. Sounds like they have really hacked the price up in recent years, probably since people are running their cars longer in the recession.
  8. FR3000

Wibbly Wobbly Front End - Help

Interesting you should mention something like this :lol: I've been through a load of wheel balancing issues with mine on two different sets of tyres - it's on the standard 205/45/16 size. I had a Tyre fitter in Middlesbrough have two attempts at balancing a set they fitted and failed - it...
  9. FR3000

crank angle sonsor opinions?

Mine developed an EPC fault and after some diagnostics it turned out to be vrank sensor fault. Had that replaced but still showed a few issues relating to cam sensor as well (which is the expensive one at around £75 since it's a hall effect sensor). Had this replaced also and it's run fine...
  10. FR3000

....which is now done and it all works again; have to say a bit of a faff to get to on the FR petrol.
  11. FR3000

The rear one went on mine last year, turned out that the hoses were a bit taught coming out of the bottle and, due to the rotuing up through the engine bay, had worn through on the bracket holding the washer bottle. I shimmed these with some nylon pipe to seal them back. It turned out the...
  12. FR3000

Strut Brace - Engine Cover Fouling

So anyway - the re-profiling of the engine cover amounted to cutting approx. 15mm from the top edge and then buffing it back into shape and finish with a power sander, followed by some hand finishing. Looks fine once it's back on an seems to clear the brace by enough of a margin.
  13. FR3000

Thought about it but it's likely to put a bit more compound bend/shear on the turret bolts and I'm not sure what margin they'll have on them. I suspect not very much. I'm gonna have a go at re-shaping it tomorrow (been at Silverstone all weekend so not had time yet :D )
  14. FR3000

Cheers for the responses - engine cover is actually in the boot at the moment but would rather have it on the car - looks like a re-profiling job is imminent.
  15. FR3000

Recommend me some tyres before i end up in a ditch!

Agree - ran a set of GSD3s and they were quiet plus wet weather handling was pukka. Gone to Michelin Pilot Exaltos now which last a bit longer (but cost more money).
  16. FR3000

Hi - just put a momo strut brace into an FR petrol. Although it's a Seat sport specific part from their catalogue (i.e made to fit) it actually presses on the lipped-up rear section the moulded engine cover. This causes all sorts of noise issues. Anyone else run into the same problem if so...
  17. FR3000

Re-charging Air-Con - how often?

Had mine done for first time in November 2009, had the car since new in March 2005. It had only lost 50grams of refrigerant over that period so I doubt that annually is necessary - maybe every two years perhaps.
  18. FR3000

ibiza FR driveshaft broken twice? any help

Duel mass flywheels - more hassle than enough since VAG started using them. If it is indeed a vibration then it would most certainly increase the dynamic stresses as you would have all sorts of compound stress loads.
  19. FR3000

Engine management light after 1 day :(

My EPC light came on on on Thursday (Ibiza FR 1.8 Petrol). Only on after 2000rpm and wouldn't pull properly above that, engine keep hesitating but not giving an outright misfire, tacho couldn't figure out what speed engine was at - kept moving around +/- 200rpm. A quick look at hand held...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.