Search results

1. TMO

Anyone got Cupra 300 with Side Skirts?

Does it have to be the 300? Heres my 280 with skirts:
  2. TMO

Best product to remove wax from plastics

Stupid question........ You didn't actually say what you used? :D Mine isn't as extreme then yours but defiantly needs some attention.
  3. TMO

Cupra 280 Brakes Advice

Thought I'd revisit this thread to post my experience. After visiting a local Euro Car Parts store they found the matching pads for my reg and I walked away with the following: Pagid 55298 340mm Discs (Euro car parts part no. 104442128) Pagid T2074 Brake Pad Set (Euro car parts part no...
  4. TMO

Cupra 280 Brakes Advice

Still having trouble determining the pad size, Dave at sere has given me a part number "8V0698151C" which after a quick google gives these dimensions: Width: 175,1 Height: 69,6 Thickness: 20 Problem is euro car doesn't even list that size so now I'm even more confused, Car parts for less seems...
  5. TMO

Cupra 280 Brakes Advice

Ha, I think that is slightly outside my price range! So I've bookmarked the Pagid 340mm discs on Euro Car Parts http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/SEAT_Leon_2.0_2014/p/car-parts/regular-service/car-service-parts/brake-discs/?104442128&1&1a28252f8d0d7c5c6ebdf4811db7f2d7256a5160&000027 I assume I...
  6. TMO

Cupra 280 Brakes Advice

So my Cupra has just had it's 3rd service at 32k miles and they have flagged up that the front discs and pads need replacing and have quoted £470 for the privilege. Now I can believe the pads need replacing but the discs? When has everyone else had to replace discs? Mine is the DSG which I've...
  7. TMO

2017 Leon!!!

Yep, saying its space restricted is just a cop out, they've clearly been told by VW not to put 4WD on the hatch so it doesn't impact Golf R sales. Very disappointing I really wanted 4WD for my next car may have to look elsewhere now.
  8. TMO

Sad news-ish

Verrrrrrrry nice its exactly what I am looking at getting for my next car, already saving for it but it will probably be the latter half of next year as we are looking at moving house. :( I'm jealous, what spec did you go for? Is it used then? or from stock?
  9. TMO

Mother thumper

Have you reported it to the police? It's technically criminal damage by not reporting it themselves and leaving the scene of an accident. Give them the video proof you obtained from the neighbour.
  10. TMO

BANG noise when accelerating VIDEOS

Jesus take it in as soon as possible, you could be causing further damage just by driving it.
  11. TMO

Increasing mileage on PCP

I am in the same situation my PCP deal is based on 10k a year but the car has just hit 2 years old and I've done 25k :( I didn't know you could change the mileage on the finance deal but imo its unnecessary. On a PCP deal there will usually be 2 consequences: 1. As one of the options of PCP you...
  12. TMO

Auto hold question

You are describing a feature of an electronic parking brake, what the Leon has is hill hold i.e. the brake will still be engaged for a couple of seconds after removing your foot off the brake if the car detects that the car is on an incline to prevent it from rolling backwards. The Leon will...
  13. TMO

Thinking about getting a cupra

Never trust the configurator, back when the cupra was first released when i got mine parking sensors was a selectable option despite being a fitted as standard! :shrug:
  14. TMO

Octavia VRS to Cupra ST

I had a 61 plate (MK2) VRS Hatch and changed to my current Cupra, here are my observations: Interior is a bit of a downgrade IMO, found the VRS had a nice premium feel with the compartments and aluminium look finish. Bluetooth voice control was far superior in the Octy, I barely use it now...
  15. TMO

Front Parking Sensor

Makes you look up? what are you looking at when you drive? lol
  16. TMO

Want to purchase...

You can say that again, managed to get some wheelspin at 60mph this morning mashing the right foot, dam damp roads. Need to get new tyres....
  17. TMO

What do you wish the Cupra had?

- Keyless Entry - Heated Windscreen - Brake Hold function (Hard press of the brake and it permanently apply the brake until you press the accelerator. Was on the Merc A-Class that I test drove once, saves you having to hold the brake on to keep the start/stop engaged (auto model)) - Louder...
  18. TMO

Bosch Areotwins won't fit

Really? I've heard people not rate Valeo tbh. I'd rather not get shorter blades so the A556S is out of the question which is why I didn't go with it in the first place. I guess its either the Valeo set or get separate bosch blades the AP26U and AP16U which are multi clips.
  19. TMO

Bosch Areotwins won't fit

Just bought the A539S set 26" (650mm) and 16" (400mm) push button fit which are the correct lengths for a direct replacement but I've tried to fit them only to find out the connector is wider then the slot on the Leon's wiper arm. Halfords recommends the A556S set 24" and 16" which is obviously...
  20. TMO

Dealership sticker

All number plates should list the suppler's name and postcode at the bottom its the law. Any number plate supplier not doing this is breaking that law. Fortunately for most people displaying illegal number places its one of the many things that's not policed very well.