Search results

1. creation motorsport induction kit

Just been having a look at their website and came across their induction kit. It looks very similar to the k&n typhoon kit placing it down in the wing. Had anybody tried it yet.
  2. Battery life

I'll have a look at that. Which is the correct fitment. Thanks
  3. Battery life

Any recommendations. I don't want to spend to much as iI'm changing the car next year.
  4. Battery life

Hi all. I was just wondering what the average life of the car battery. I've had the car 8 years never changed the battery. And the lady before me never replaced the battery. So as far as I can tell it's still the original. I think it's showing signs of failure as I'm having problems...
  5. Front passenger door lock

Thats great. Thanks for your help.
  6. Front passenger door lock

Hi all My front passenger door lock has failed while shut. I can here all the others working but nothing from the passenger side. Is this the part I need...
  7. The joy of the 1.8t

You have to otherwise you would go mad.
  8. The joy of the 1.8t

Yes that was the other thing he said it could be.
  9. Stuck front passenger door

I to have this problem to sort out. Mines locked shut
  10. The joy of the 1.8t

Well here we are again, yet another problem. Over the past couple of days I've noticed a metallic rattle on start up. It's only occurs when the engine is cold. It sounds as if its coming from vehind the bulk head on the drivers side. Think bugger here we go again. Anyway, spoke to a couple...
  11. Water pump

Car went in today. Yet another new genuine part installed. Problem now all sort.
  12. Water pump

Well the car is due to go back into the garage tomorrow to have its water pump done. The symptoms were strange. I had no over heating. But on the temperature gauge I had the red flashing light come on then the beeps. Switched the engine off nothing. Anyway started the car back up same again...
  13. oil pressure light

Is this the red light that flashes up on the temp gauge or the actual oil can symbol.
  14. Water pump

When it comes to parts like these, I always use genuine parts. Luck of the draw I guess. I suppose this should be treated as a warning. Just because they are genuine don't become complacent.
  15. Water pump

I was shocked to. It's a complete ball ache. I had the water pump done at the same time as the cambelt, tensioner and aux. It makes you ask questions about the reliability of these parts.
  16. Water pump, yes or no?

It sounds like the second option on my water pump.
  17. Water pump

What's the normal life expectancy of a water pump. I noticed a small pool of fluid underneath my engine bay on the road the other day. Accompanied by the warning light on the dash. Anyway topped up the reservoir and got it to the garage. Turned out the actual seal on the shaft of the pump is...
  18. TCS and ESP light on. Yet another problem

Just want to thank you guys for your help.
  19. TCS and ESP light on. Yet another problem

Okay. Just got back from the garage. The following codes were stored. P1171, 01314 and g187. Apparently it was just a glitch. They can't find anything wrong with it.
  20. TCS and ESP light on. Yet another problem

Tell me about. Gone are the days of nice simple mechanics.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members