Search results

1. Tyre Rotation

Thanks for the advice. Also spoken with a tyre service garage and they have advised to leave them and replace the front in a couple of thousand miles but put the new tyres on the rear. Will give this a try and see how things go - slightly worried with putting the rears on the front as the last...
  2. Tyre Rotation

Sorry if this has already been asked but couldn't find a thread. I replaced the tyres (all round) on my FR TDI in March of this year and after about 8k notice the fronts are wearing, where as the backs look brand new. I was wondering what the opinion was on rotating the back to the front. I...
  3. Leon FR tdi tyre noise

Well got the response from Seat (don't care) Uk today via the dealer and shock horror they will not contribute towards the tyres as there is no problem with tyre wear or set-up!! Mine has been 4 way laser tracked and was within the tolerance and nothing advised to be changed. I know the...
  4. Leon FR tdi tyre noise

Same problem here (Leon FR TDI 08), contacted Customer Services and got the same load of tosh back from them. Mine had done 13K and were illegal on the insides at the back but had over 5mm in the middle and outer. Had 4 way laser alignment done and was told the car is within the tolerance for...
  5. Flashing Coil & Engine Management Light

Guess what thought mine was fixed no problems since November time and yesterday morning it was back!! It's in on Tuesday and won't be happy if doesn't come out fixed - on speaking to the dealer I was met with it could be the DPF - I highly doubt this as the last journer before the problem was...
  6. Rear Alignment / Set-up v Tyres on FR

The cars done 13,000 and the tyre pressures have been checked regularly from new. The tyre fitter thought that the alignment at the rear was way out or it was a wheel bearing problem. He also mentioned that they had seen 6 or 7 FR recently with the problem of wearing on the inner corners at the...
  7. Rear Alignment / Set-up v Tyres on FR

No the car is not remapped, totally standard. The guys checked the front tracking and it was spot on. It's booked in for next week and spoken to the dealer again today as the flashing coil light problem has decided to come back:censored: I was told today that the back end does not adjust, is...
  8. Rear Alignment / Set-up v Tyres on FR

I know there has been numerous threads in the past about tyres and alignment on the FRs. I got a flat tyre yesterday and while getting it repaired I asked the guys to check all the tyres. I was shocked to find the rear ones were boarder line illegal. The centre of the tyre had about 5mm...
  9. Car been back to dealship 7 times and not fixed - what should i do next?

I know your from my area - if helps SG Petch (Durham City) sorted mine, the service manager was really helpful - I didn't buy the car from them, the dealer who I bought it from said there was nowt the matter, stop wasting their time and not to go back. From what you have said the fault is the...
  10. Flashing Coil & Engine Management Light

There was a thread a couple of months ago with the same problem- http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=170732 I had it on my 08 FR TDI and was in an out the dealer - everytime it came back with a leaflet on the DPF. I had to get a bit uppity with them and said I was no mechanic but...
  11. Closing your windows with your keyfob

I've got an 08 FR and the widows went up with mirrors and went all the way down while holding unlock. The car went in the garage and had something done to the ECU for a problem with the DPF / Coil light and came back with the window function not working. The dealer looked at it and got them...
  12. Condensation on windows

I had this problem (08 FR) and it was in the dealer who sold it 4 or 5 times without any success, the final time I don't think they even looked at the car and I was told there was nothing wrong don't take it back!! Took it to another dealer, which by the way is getting all future servicing etc...
  13. New Leon Headlights with Daytime Running LEDs

Don't think I would have bought them but never seen anything like them before - guess I now know why! Really after some HIDs but not to keen on after market kits due to some of things mentioned in the other thread.
  14. New Leon Headlights with Daytime Running LEDs

Been looking around ebay and come across these...
  15. Ok, is £19,595 a good price...?

Just been looking at the Arnold Clark website they are doing 58 FR 550's for £15,488 not sure if they are pre reg and if they have any extra's on them. If they are near you could be worth a call.
  16. Ok, is £19,595 a good price...?

the sales manager where I got mine from told me that sometime they can let the likes of FR's / Cupra's go with not much profit in them as the more they sell the more 'bonus points' they get so that when limited editions such as the FR550 or special deals come on they get first shout / better...
  17. Ok, is £19,595 a good price...?

I got an FR TDI in red for the new letter (08) on the first of March - I agreed / Paid £15,895 on the road for the car from a Seat dealer. Options are nice but you get nowt for them when you sell on, plus the FR is practically fully loaded. They also gave me book price for the trade in. I got a...
  18. need some help: flashing coil light

Have you tried this thread http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=170732 I had the problem since new (08) and got it fixed (fingers crossed) a couple of weeks ago. Dealers say DPF straight away and hand a leaflet over, (4 of them in the glove box now!) I had to be forceful with...
  19. Fitting HID's and Sidelights!

I've got an 08 FR which kit would I need H7 or H7R - sorry for being think don't understand the difference. I've seen a fair few different kits on ebay ranging from about £35 - £40 upwards, all saying they have the digital ballasts etc, anyone know which are the best and are true 'plug and...
  20. LED SideLight Blubs

Thanks
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.