Search results

1. Limp Mode - Air Leak?

So I've got a strange and inconsistent problem with my 2013 FR 189 TDI. Currently on over 80K Miles, serviced as required. Back in November I was speeding up towards 70MPH on a Dual Carriageway with no real urgency when I noticed the coil light flashing and the car would not rev past 2000RPM...
  2. SEAT have ruined the LEON

I honestly can't see myself going for the MK4, I've had a MK 1-3, typically the high end Diesel 6 Speed. The MK3 was a nice refinement on the MK2 without ruining any of the fun and it was still something to stand out for the VAG group. I think the accountants have come into play far to much on...
  3. Mk3 184 diesel FR, what to look for.

64 plate, PCP deal second hand then bought it out. 8K miles, now over 60K miles. Only major problem I've had is the fuel filler cap release valve seizing, which was replaced for about £80. Check for any signs of underside body/frame rust, as I'm aware it's building up a bit on mine.
  4. Which mode do you use your FR in?

2013 2.0 189 TDI Sport all the time, Eco is too unresponsive in it's response. I've had disappointing MPG results from Eco, often worse than Sport, probably from the the way my driving style is trying to compensate.
  5. Is the leon a reliable car ? looking to buy one but the salesperson keeps telling me otherwise

As stated, he doesn't know what he's talking about, shared VAG component platform. The whole reason I went for a Mark 1 Leon over a MK4 Golf in the first place was the shared engine and that it was a lot more interesting. My current MK3, 2.0 TDI 182 FR, mine is a 63 plate, over 56K miles and...
  6. 150 bhp or 184 bhp FR?

I have a 5 year old FR TDI 184, I couldn't go back to 150, also as mentioned the rear suspension and bigger front brakes are the main difference in car spec. I see around 45-50 MPG on tank, mix of country lanes, urban and dual carriageway on my commute over 12-16 miles depending on route. I...
  7. New 1.4 ecoTSI FT Tech 125/150?

More interestingly, trying to find my car spec, or even a similar spec'd car around the 35,000-45,000 mile mark, I can't find one cheaper that £9,790 within 50 miles of me. Even the main dealership group has my car in white on 38,316 miles listed at £12,000 That contribution fee feels more...
  8. New 1.4 ecoTSI FT Tech 125/150?

So I'm currently running in a 63 plate FR TDI 189 with nearly 40K on the clock, it's been great, but I', slowly coming up on end of PCP contract come March. It's been so great was tempted to own it, but by the dealerships own estimate, it's worth just over £7350 with just over £9K currently...
  9. No difference in engine/power from normal to sport? (Leon FR184)

Truth be told I've found the Eco mode the worst for MPG, just from lethargic it is to throttle response, it's almost like it's having to work harder. I've just left my 63 plate 184 sport mode since i've owned it. Will happily do 60+ MPG on the long A road or Motorway run and about 45 for...
  10. FR 184 terrible fuel economy

FR 184, manual, 28K miles. Serviced as required. Long motorways journeys, I have crept the average up to 65MPG easy, as in Leicester to This morning's run of about 13-14 miles I managed 52MPG, a bit of town, a few miles of dual carriageway and mostly 40-50 zones. Town driving I tend...
  11. Right decision on new leon (184 over 150?)

I went for the 184 simply as I didn't want a step down from my previous Mk2 Leon FR. I did get it second hand at 8K miles mind.
  12. Seat sound system subwoofer W RMS

Not that I had the option with a second-hand car, but I was very satisfied with the standard sound system, never got the chance to hear the dedicated subwoofer myself.
  13. Dashcam best investment yet (Seat Dealership Service)

The reality is people bitch & moan, especially when job satisfaction is low and people are underpaid. It's understandable, but not excusable that someone thinks it ok just because they are not customer facing. I really don't expect much of Seat after sales these days from any of the main...
  14. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

I found it to be worse on most occasions in eco, I think because you find yourself compensating for the delay, I just leave it normal these days, especially as I get irritated for the car to have to light up the mode button in Sport, clashing with everything else!
  15. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Swung by the dealer whom I'm really not that fond on dealing with. They make so many admin/office mistakes where you have to come back, any time you ask them to something, no matter how minor it's like you're asking them to move the mountains themselves. Got greeted in the most cold and...
  16. Leon FR Dash Rattle (Not Under Warranty As Over 6 Months Old?!)

Fortunately I never threw it away, I'd had just put it in the cup holder until I remembered to bin it. Need to wedge it back in again properly, it's got a bad rattle now.
  17. Leon FR Dash Rattle (Not Under Warranty As Over 6 Months Old?!)

I get concerned over how much stealerships push this "Wear and Tear" not covered by the warranty nonsense, somethings should just not break. I had a tyre valve pin stick in once, they considered that wear and tear, how often do you push the pin to top it up, said it would have been at least £20...
  18. Are winter tyres needed in the uk

I've never owned a pair, in fact just stuck 2 new Eagle F1's on the front. Mind, I am interested in these new type of tyres. http://www.michelin.co.uk/tyres/michelin-crossclimate
  19. It's the little things

+1 on the following. Water running into the car when it's wet on the roof with the windows open. Slow Nav. AutoZoom not remembering the last setting and randomly zooming the map out. No AUX in cable No USB Charging port as standard any where convenient. No washer level sensor. The boot...
  20. Model Year 2016 (MY16)

Indeed, I'm quite keen on keeping my 53 plate for some time to come.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members