Search results

1. Mike H

The old servicing debate...

Ditto the above. Why on earth would anyone consider leaving oil in place for >10k miles ?
  2. Mike H

running costs on a Cupra

Only just caught up with this thread, but for the record I managed an average of 27.2 over the three years of the 08 plate Cupra I had and have averaged 26.7 in the twelve months I've had the new one - both running VPower. On the insurance front, £350 for an oldie like me with OH as named...
  3. Mike H

Inferi Black touch up pen

I had issues trying to obtain this for the last car four years ago - my old thread is here. Paints4u was the answer.
  4. Mike H

Pictures... of Cupra FL Black Alloy wheels 'New Orions'

Specifically ordered my new Cupra at the beginning of the year with black Pavonis - fed up with silver wheels and the black complements the track grey nicely. A couple of friends have commented that they're not sure about the combination, but most of my female acquaintences have commented very...
  5. Mike H

Cupra collected today :)

I've got 27.2 over the last six months, but that tends to be with a combination of daily commute and higher speed motorway work.
  6. Mike H

Petrol FL (2009+) FR & Cupra Owners, What MPG are you getting?

In the 3 years I had my 08 Cupra it averaged 27.2 mpg. The best I ever saw on a tank-to-tank basis was 36.9 and the worst 21.4. In the 2.5 months I've had the new Cupra, it's averaged 27.9 with a best of 37.3 and a worst of 24.7. VPower fill up = £70 (Low, but fuel light not on).
  7. Mike H

Seat Leon - Wing Mirror - Tighten?

Ditto what GrahamFR said above. Local dealer did both mine on the old Cupra in a matter of 5 mins each (on separate occasions) through the speaker orifice. Such a common occurence the mechanic has it off to a T - with a long socket extension :)
  8. Mike H

Face lift Cupra with Needle sweep.

I've been watching this thread with interest, as when I collected the new Cupra in March I was fully expecting the needle sweep to be activated. It was on both the Cupra and Cupra R I had test driven previously, (although I couldn't get it on my previous 08 plate model). It wasn't activated...
  9. Mike H

How old are you?

Back in post #110 I said: And three years later the last sentence is still true with the new Cupra :)
  10. Mike H

New Cupra

Sorry guys - just to clarify, this was a spare fob key ordered at the same time as the car. One fob and one spare (non fob) keys were supplied. The gripe is that it was ordered at the same time as the car and nine weeks later SEAT have built the car, shipped it over the ocean, delivered it to...
  11. Mike H

New Cupra

The last 08 plate Cupra came from Bristol SEAT, but they wouldn't do the deal I wanted when I chopped it in in January, so I drove 20 miles down the road to Chippenham and the deal was done. Just can't believe the situation re the key - although I did get some speel about how SEAT had recently...
  12. Mike H

New Cupra

Chopped the old (08 Plate) Cupra in yesterday for a new one. Very pleased with everything, although I'm sure the parking sensors will drive me doolally :D Only real issue is that the bluetooth recognises and pairs to my HTC, but won't actually connect :think:. Have wasted enough hours...
  13. Mike H

Cupra tyres, whats recommended & whats not

08 Cupra here and couldn't wait to get rid of the Pirelli Pzero Rosso OE fitment. Been running on Conti Sport Contact 3's ever since. Superb tyres (IMHO).
  14. Mike H

Cambelt price

At the last service (50k) on the Cupra (08 Plate) at the end of November, I asked the Dealer about the costs for the 60k/Cam Belt service, and was given the following breakdown: 20k Service £183 Brake fluid £ 52 (won't need doing - changed last year) Cam belt £459 Air filter £ 34 Spark...
  15. Mike H

Does the Cupra ride better than the FR ?

Been really happy with the handling of my Cupra over the last three years - especially with the new front boots fitted last week, but test drove a Cupra R at the weekend and my feeling was that it was even harsher.... to the extent that I'm speccing up another Cupra and not an R.
  16. Mike H

Track Grey or Candy White

For a Cupra admittedly, but just speccd Track Grey on the new one I'm about to order - to replace the Inferi Black. Had a white Ford years ago - pain in the ar$e to keep clean.
  17. Mike H

2008 tfsi FR service help

I had this issue about the 115k/60k thing (there's a separate thread about it). I concluded that the dealer was confused between 115km and 60k miles, although the conversion isn't particularly good! There's no way on earth I can see anyone racking up 115k miles in four years! :)
  18. Mike H

60K Service + Cam Belt

Took the Cupra for it's 50k service today, at the supplying stealer who have serviced since new, and asked about the 60k service, which will near enough coincide with it's third birthday in April... I've considered the servicing costs to be more than reasonable so far, including today's at...
  19. Mike H

Cupra tyre choice.

Another vote for the Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrics. On my second set of fronts - they knock spots off the original Pirelli's - I'm just (still) waiting for the original rears to wear out :D
  20. Mike H

Whats next for the Leon......Mk3??

Have to agree with the above. Saw one in the flesh for the first time a couple of weeks back in France. A really nice looking car - especially from the rear. As soon as the GT information becomes available it'll definitely be worth a look. Tad more expensive than the Cupra tho' :D:D:D