Search results

1. Leak in passenegr footwell - Humph

I really hope that you have fixed it, if not I think you will find it is a leaking weald in the front baulkhead. Mine could sit in the rain all day, everyday, but when it was driven in the rain, the water was pressed against the baulkhead, and would come in. The water trickled down the...
  2. Has anyone got goodwill out of Seat for out of warranty repairs?

1 month after warranty - exhaust sensor, 100% contribution. 1 year post warranty, 45k miles, £90 contribution for new water pump. For both, Garage very pro active and fought my corner.
  3. incredably fast overheating

even if you are out of warranty, ask for seat contribution, tell them you know about the fault. I got £90.
  4. Water leaks outside warranty?

I have seen a mention about drivers footwell, might want to carry on search. Probably the front baulkhead, I had it, but in the passenger side.
  5. Nice New Water Feature!

had this on passenger side. dealer removed bumper and wings and coated everything in black sealent. it has been dry since. this problem caused large volumes of running water to enter the footwell.
  6. Electric Fan Problem

Mine appears to have just gone, booked in wednesday. Having cambelt done 20k miles early, and tensioner. Total cost £315 + VAT, at main dealer. I work in a dealership group ( non SEAT) , and £80 per hour is seriously piss-taking
  7. Official SEAT Leon V2 pics & report now online

I notice all the official pics are taken from low down, trying to hide how tall it is ?
  8. Seat Leon Cupra R 54 plate Water in footwell

Door seals still leak, no improvements since 51 reg. A guide explaining why has been put in the guides section today, if you want to know why, not that you want to look at it yourself, as thats what a warranty is for. The head service bloke told my they have a file an inch thick with...
  9. Seat Leon Cupra R 54 plate Water in footwell

pollen filters leak, doors STILL Leak. oh and the odd leaky baulkhead The service bloke at my dealer said last week the pollen filters are now being wrongly assembled in the factory so they leaked whilst sat at the docks! welcome to the club and do a search
  10. Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

thanks for taking the time to do that. It is good to see all info in one place, rather than scrolling through multiple search threads. I now know where these drain holes are. Printed for future reference - how is that as a vote of confidence for SEAT quality!
  11. Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide

thanks for taking the time to do that. It is good to see all info in one place, rather than scrolling through multiple search threads. I now know where these drain holes are. Printed for future reference - how is that as a vote of confidence for SEAT quality!
  12. Windscreen Problem

Passenger side 8 inches up. Had 20,000 miles. Garage said they would only replace upto 6000 miles, as if it was a stress fracture then it would have happened before. There was definately no stone chip, they said they could not find any ( used magnifying glass) but could not be arsed...
  13. LCR what problems have you had on yours ?

Dont be such a prat Leo Its the same car, but with a different turbo, slightly different engine internals, tweeked suspension and some plastic bits tacked on to make the different body kit. My points were relevent to this thread, as I doubt they have different temp sensors for the R (Gold...
  14. Pollen filter water leak ?

Oh Dear, No its not fixed. we have just had drizzle since pollen filter sealed, and i can see the water dribbling down the vertical bit of plastic which bends to become the sill. This never happened before the service and before the fix. Luckily as the volume of rain is so little...
  15. Pollen filter water leak ?

Garage have decided my leak which started this thread was pollen filter. They have put some sealent somewhere or something. hopefully all sorted.
  16. Pollen filter water leak ?

Had car serviced last saturday. go out today and front passenger footwell has standing water. Had a look around, and you can see the water droplets soming down the vertical plastic door frame. As tne plastic curls round it gets to horizontal at about the speaker, then goes into the...
  17. Have I done the right thing ordering an LCR?

Door leaks were pretty much sorted 2 years ago, but it is the thought that puts people off. I know it did me first of all. I was selling a leak free Mx-5, and the thought of a leaky tin top almost put me off. Other major gripe coils - all new cars for last 18 months have the latest. all...
  18. High mileage problems

I think the earliest leons (w reg i think) were built in belgium, and are supposed to be of better quality than the ones pedro started building later
  19. Vibration on startup

i have also started getting this, but only about once a week, even when it is cold for the whole week?
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.