Search results

1. northern monkey

Coolant Loss & Loss of Power

Sorted this, was gasket to matrix
  2. northern monkey

1.4tdi potential injector issue causing diesel knock - stuck & need Help.!!

Hi Guys n Gals My OH has a 1.4tdi that has been pretty much faultless since new, however, last sunday she came in saying the car was making a noise and there was lots of smoke.?? I drove the car and couldn't initially see a problem, then as I accelerated on a slip road it happened......really...
  3. northern monkey

Coolant Loss & Loss of Power

Here goes, my wife has a 1.4tdi and last night she experienced a drop off in power (unable to go above 50mph) and a temp needle in the red. She got home eventually and when she parked up the car was steaming away like a kettle. I let the car cool and topped up the fluid level, the fluid began to...
  4. northern monkey

1.4tdi cutting out randomly causes accident

Turned out to be Cam Position Sensor.
  5. northern monkey

1.4tdi randomly stalling causes accident

Quick update Had it up to VeeDubs this morning, plugged into VCDS, came back with Camshaft Position Sensor and some other infor relating to a relay & position 30......whatever that means, can't recall the exact text. They advised me the Cam Sensor would fix the problem. I've ordered one from...
  6. northern monkey

Thanks for the replies guys, I guess the elimination process is the way forward. I'll keep you's posted on the outcome. Cheers John.
  7. northern monkey

Hi All Apologies as I have also posted this in FAQ's but thought it should be in here so could a MOD please delete the other thread? As per title, my missus has a 1.4tdi with 66k miles, always maintained with OEM parts etc, has recently developed a habit of randomly cutting out It has...
  8. northern monkey

1.4tdi cutting out randomly causes accident

Hi All As per title, my missus has a 1.4tdi with 66k miles, always maintained with OEM parts etc, has recently developed a habit of randomly losing power. It has happened to her on numerous occasions, pulling out of junctions, on m/ways at 60mph, normal driving in 30mph limits, basically...
  9. northern monkey

Damo's ED30

Cool.....if security see someone admiring it from a distance it'll be me, tell them not to shoot.:D Get the nights in...pay for your exhaust;) ....I'm on nights for the next fortnight...rush job...hate nights as well, straight to graft from college. :cry:
  10. northern monkey

Damo's ED30

I'm on the Valley on a thursday night for college next door to your place...will keep my eyes open for you...if you see a silver MR2 roadster (the mrs's car) flash you it's me
  11. northern monkey

Damo's ED30

SMD...Soil Machine Dynamics...Davey Bank (Wallsend)...just when you said you were and Engineer and had been to France with work....my place does a lot of fab for them...just a thought that's all.
  12. northern monkey

Damo's ED30

You don't work for SMD by any chance do you??
  13. northern monkey

Damo's ED30

Ah...half man/half seagull.....we don't feel the cold anyway, t-shirt weather all year. :D
  14. northern monkey

Damo's ED30

Damien...read this thread from start to finish...gotta say your ED30 looks absolutely fantastic lad, job bloody well done.!! :clap: BTW we don't need snow shovels in Jarrow, it never gets below 30°C ;)
  15. northern monkey

Mk4 tdi PDF/oil question

Cheers fellas........some typo that BTW...lol....think some mod has been playing silly billys mind ;)
  16. northern monkey

Mk4 tdi PDF/oil question

Hi folks, The wife has a 1.4tdi on a 07 plate I've spent quite a while looking over oil specs and PDF info this afternoon and it would seem to me that Mk4 Ibiza's do not have the PDF fitted?? That being the case would I be right in thinking her car has no PDF fitted and only requires...
  17. northern monkey

Window Tints...Tyneside area

I'd guessed you worked there from your pics ;) Will have a ring around, see what's what tomorrow, chuck it by the wife (cos it's her motor really:redface: ) and go from there...........if I/she decide to go ahead I'll bang some pics up of the finished job. Cheers again:clap:
  18. northern monkey

Window Tints...Tyneside area

Cheers fella.....I know I could find places via Google/Thompsons Local etc, I just thought I'd ask if any people have had it done already for their thoughts/opinions..........I also know of Custom Tints on the Valley but I don't know of anyone who's had work done by them. I'll give them few a...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.