Search results

1. northern monkey

1.4tdi potential injector issue causing diesel knock - stuck & need Help.!!

Hi Guys n Gals My OH has a 1.4tdi that has been pretty much faultless since new, however, last sunday she came in saying the car was making a noise and there was lots of smoke.?? I drove the car and couldn't initially see a problem, then as I accelerated on a slip road it happened......really...
  2. northern monkey

Coolant Loss & Loss of Power

Here goes, my wife has a 1.4tdi and last night she experienced a drop off in power (unable to go above 50mph) and a temp needle in the red. She got home eventually and when she parked up the car was steaming away like a kettle. I let the car cool and topped up the fluid level, the fluid began to...
  3. northern monkey

1.4tdi randomly stalling causes accident

Hi All Apologies as I have also posted this in FAQ's but thought it should be in here so could a MOD please delete the other thread? As per title, my missus has a 1.4tdi with 66k miles, always maintained with OEM parts etc, has recently developed a habit of randomly cutting out It has...
  4. northern monkey

1.4tdi cutting out randomly causes accident

Hi All As per title, my missus has a 1.4tdi with 66k miles, always maintained with OEM parts etc, has recently developed a habit of randomly losing power. It has happened to her on numerous occasions, pulling out of junctions, on m/ways at 60mph, normal driving in 30mph limits, basically...
  5. northern monkey

Mk4 tdi PDF/oil question

Hi folks, The wife has a 1.4tdi on a 07 plate I've spent quite a while looking over oil specs and PDF info this afternoon and it would seem to me that Mk4 Ibiza's do not have the PDF fitted?? That being the case would I be right in thinking her car has no PDF fitted and only requires...
  6. northern monkey

Window Tints...Tyneside area

Hey all. Just had a thread deleted cos I didn't read the rules:redface: Tried to pm the individual I wanted to ask a question and am unable too:confused: I have a Luna Grey Tdi Ibiza (well the wife does) and fancy having the windows tinted I would like to know if anyone in the...
  7. northern monkey

1.4tdi engine question

Hi folks. Quick question regarding the engine mounting of the 1.4tdi. Is it normal for the engine to be mounted lying at a slight downward angle towards the nearside?? Never seen an engine mounted in such away unless it's had the wrong engine mounting fitted...pretty certain that's not...
  8. northern monkey

MP3 powered by the car when plugged into AUX???

Howdo folks, Quick questions for you's. If you plug your MP3 player into the car's AUX socket with a jack lead is he MP3 player powered by the car or is it run by it's own battery?? Can you control the MP3 player using the remote buttns on the steering wheel?? Answers on a postcard...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.