Search results

1. Oil pressure light. Normal?

Hi, My oil light flashes a few times when you turn the car on, but before starting... Is there a problem?
  2. Key problem

Hi, The red light on the ley is on constantly and ot does not work when pressing the bittons. I took the battery out and replaced with a new one. Now the red light does not come on at all. Is the circuitboard fried? I can buy a replacement but how do I re-program the key...
  3. fuel smell - idel or stationary

Hi, I recently noticed, or rather other people walking did... It seems when parking, or doing a reversing maneouver. Get a fuel smell, as if after dropping down the revs there is excess fuel? Never noticed when driving, just when sat at lights, or parking... Any ideas?
  4. Clutch bite point very low

Hi, I guess I'll simply have to take it to the garage...
  5. Clutch bite point very low

Hi, Whilst stuck in lots of traffic, by bite point was getting lower and lower, until almost at the floor. Bite point is usually quite high. So what is the problem? Hydraulic resevoir level looks fine, breaks work fine. Not sure what can be done, other than take to garage, but...
  6. HELP - Alarm gone crazy

Hi, So today I went to my car, pressed the OPEN button on the key, and nothing, tried again - nothing. This has happened before when key battery died, so usually I simply turn key in drivers door to unlock. This time, door unlocked but alarm went off. Usually you can simply stop...
  7. Cupra 180 feeling sluggish (with video)

Hi, I have the same thing, approx 2500 revs the car pulls back, with loss of power and acceleration. Only notice if really trying to accelerate or increase power up hill. Is a real pain, as it means you cannot over take with confidence. Not an easy fix, as been to the garage many...
  8. VCDS nearby

Hi, Symptoms: sometimes rough cold start, but settles pretty quick. sometimes warm idle (650 revs) wobbles approx 50 revs either side of 650 in order to drive successfully I have to accelerate through each gear VERY slowly, and must change up between 2000-3000, as the car starts...
  9. VCDS nearby

Hi, Badger5 is approx 70 miles away from me. Don't fancy trying to drive all that way with the car running in its current condition. Is there anywhere nearer to me?
  10. VCDS nearby

Hi, Please forgive my ignornace, but who is "Bill"... Also, I've not found asnywhere nearby that does a smoke test. Also, the pressure test of the fuel pump, how is this done, as the pump is inside the fuel tank, no? I've just got this awful feeling that if I take the car to the...
  11. VCDS nearby

Hi, I already have a fault code reader. My problem is minor enough it does not cause a fault code, so I need the car plugged into VCDS so I can get all the recent data and hopefully can work out if my problem is: faulty fuel pump faulty wiring between CTS and ECU air leak The...
  12. CTS help please

Hi, So today I've noticed the idle has gone back to 'wobbling' needle on rev gauge, sits at approx 650 once warm, but keeps wobbling about...
  13. VCDS nearby

Hi, No response, so I'm thinking - can I buy this VCDS program for my laptop, and a cable? Where to buy, obviously don't want to spend 100s, but also don't want a program that is no good... Any help?
  14. VCDS nearby

Hi, Car needs being plugged into VCDS. Loads of people on this forum suggest I do this before 'randomly' replacing parts. Can take it to garage, but means booking a slot, and them having car for whole day. Plus I guess they charge nominal minimum 1 hour fee (£40-50?) Anyone got...
  15. CTS help please

Hi, I'll take it to the garage to get it logged on VCDS... Just worried the garage will tell me they do not know what is wrong with it. Will they charge me to plug the car in to VCDS? The fuel pump has never been changed, is it worth doing anyway? I've found the replacement to...
  16. CTS help please

Hi, I'm afraid I'm down South... So you reckon the fuel pump INSIDE the tank could be gone?
  17. CTS help please

Hi, I also noticed today, if I accelerate really gradually there is no stutter between 2000-3000 revs, its only if you accelerate normally. I'm scared to try a hard accelaration, as last time it killed a coil pack. Really annoying because it means I can't overtake anything, and...
  18. CTS help please

Hi, So it started fine this morning, and drive smoothly, but still ni acceleration after 2000-2500 revs. Same after work, but stopped near home to refuel... Started at petrol station had lumpy idle, also when home, approx 3-4 minute drive, upon parking the idle was lumpy and rev...
  19. CTS help please

Hi, Not getting anything from the turbo. This problem happens at revs before the turbo would normally kick-in. Anyone know where I can get a smoke test done? I'm near to Stonehenge...
  20. CTS help please

Hi, Fitted MAF Monday night. Tue am started lumpy, but drove smooth. Today started better, drove even smoother. Problem: at 2000-2500 revs in any gear it still seems to 'pull' and almost deccelerate, losing all power, so still having to change up gear... Its really annoying...