Search results

1. DannyC87

OEM HIDs + Lowering FL Cupra

An interesting discovery, not sure if it has been brought up before, if it has, apologies! The OEM projector lights use level sensors to correct the angle of the light when the car goes over bumps or is loaded unevenly, etc. Now on the guide I used for changing my springs (for a GTi) it...
  2. DannyC87

Fuel Pump Facelift Cupra

Guys, I've been reading up as much as I can on the facelift cupra engine and different sources say different things. Can anyone confirm if the cupra (59plate) has the new TSi engine or is it just the old TFSi engine rebranded as TSi?? My main question is really regarding the fuel...
  3. DannyC87

Posts in incorrect sections

Hello admin :wave: When a post is spotted to be in the wrong section (normally in the introduction section when the post is a specific question) is it helpful for fellow forum members to use the report button to alert you to this for the post to be moved; or does this just make life hard work...
  4. DannyC87

17705 fault code at idle

Hello, I am getting this fault code consistently and its bringing on limp mode :( The code does not reappear if it is cleared whilst on throttle and kept accelerating; however on deceleration, when nearly at idle the fault code reappears. When sitting at idle, a little blip (only a couple...
  5. DannyC87

Diagram for PCV system on LCR anyone?

Hello, I have the standard oily residue on the PCV pipes under my intake manifold; decided its about time I sorted it so I plan to remove the PCV and fit a catch can. Now I have seen multiple parts diagrams for the LH intake manifold PCV systems; but the LCR's is slightly different. I'm...
  6. DannyC87

17976 Fault Code - Throttle body or Throttle Pedal..Anyway I can test?

Just had this fault code come up, car spluttered and died. Tried clearing the code and starting it again and it just dies straight away. Is there anyway if I can test if it is throttle pedal or throttle body related? Cheers
  7. DannyC87

Dump Valve Chatter / Turbo Stall

Hi guys, My brother has an S3 2.0tfsi. It is a standard car and has started to chatter when coming off the throttle instead of dumping air; sounds as if the DV is not operating and the air is being forced back through the turbo..not good! Is there any way to test the OEM dumpvalve on these...
  8. DannyC87

Backfire, Knock and EGT fault code LCR

In the last couple of days my LCR has backfired twice, I'm not talking about popping, I mean gunshot like backfires. It does it when not fully warm with a bit of boost, not WOT whilst accelerating but lifting off slightly to avoid wheel-spin. I have checked for error codes and ge the following...
  9. DannyC87

Is the GFB 50:50 DV serviceable?

My GFB 50:50 hybrid DV is putting my car into limp mode; even on full recirc.. Checked the piston seals by pushing the piston up with a pen and then sealing the vacuum connection and seeing if the piston stays up..if doesn't! I guess it needs new seals but don't seem to be able to take the valve...
  10. DannyC87

LCR Stage 1 Logs Check Please

Can someone look at these logs for my and tell me if my car is running okay please? Seems really bad on fuel at the moment, just wondering if there is an obvious cause to someone who can read logs!! Tuesday 21 July 2009 21:08:37 1ML 906 032 A 1.8l R4/5VT G01 0001...
  11. DannyC87

Main Beam Dashboard Light not working

Hi guys, bit of a strange one; my main beam dash light is not coming on with main beam anymore. It does come on from time to time, but never instantly, normally only after main beam has been on for a few minutes continuous. As it still works sometimes i'm thinking it can't be the bulb; dodgey...
  12. DannyC87

Aftermarket Front ARB LCR

I'm just thinking out loud here really; but when fitting an aftermarket front ARB to an LCR, do the oem droplinks get used - ie, does the ARB still attach to the struts, or does it attach to the wishbones as per the cupra set up? Cheers. Dan
  13. DannyC87

Grating noise - turning right under power

Hi guys, I've got a mysterious grating noise; sounds like tyre catching the wheel arch or similar. It only happens when giving it stick around right hand bends (roundabouts); and when accelerating hard in 1st and 2nd. I'm thinking it is driveshaft / cv joint related but wondering if anyone...
  14. DannyC87

Brown Brembos after Track Day

I have an LCR with ds2500 pads and grooved discs. On its debut track day at Snetterton last friday, the car was amazing and keeping up with cars far superior to it; however, my shiney red front brembos have turned brown! I know this is due to the heat, but wondering if anyone knows if it will...
  15. DannyC87

My Platinum Grey LCR - Another 14 laps at the 'ring

Right, I thought after a years ownership it was about time I did a readers ride thread! I bought the car last April (2008) completely standard: Over the last year I have done: Cosmetic Stuff: Dipped Beam HIDs 100watt Main Beam with separate wiring loom Golf Aerowiper...
  16. DannyC87

16" cupra alloys fit on a LCR?

As above, I hoping to get my wheels refurbed soon and need a set of slave wheels while it is in; I have some 16" cupra multispokes in the shed, but am guessing they won't fit over the brembos? has anyone tried to confirm this? Cheers. Dan
  17. DannyC87

4 fault codes on my LCR - what is the problem? Now with Logs

Hi Guys; I have just vagcommed my LCR after having some limp-mode issues every once in a while. The fault codes are: 16486 P0102 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circ Low Input 17863 P1455 Exhaust gas temperature sensor 1 range/performance 17963 P1555 Charge Pressure Upper Limit exceeded 18010...
  18. DannyC87

Limp Mode Charge Pressure Exceeded with Logs

Is this possible? I have a 2 port MBC in parallel with my N75 to stop boost spikes. Occasionally my boost is limiting to 6psi; but after a good stint of full throttle will shoot back up to normal levels ~24psi peak. I am thinking either my MBC is sticking keeping the wastegate open; or i'm going...
  19. DannyC87

Remapped LCR Boost Spike

I've recently had my LCR remapped by a reputable tuner (one of the sponsers), it produced very good figures on the RR, but I am having problems with boost "spikes". When I floor it at low revs in any gear (most noticeable in 6th due to the time taken to spool) the boost spikes up to 26-28psi...
  20. DannyC87

N249 Bypass Problem

Just tried doing the N249 bypass based on other guides I have on here; and it it making my turbo stutter now as if the dv isn't opening at all? I have reverted to OEM for the time being so as to not cause damage. What I did: Disconnect pipe from N249 - DV Connect short blocked pipe to N249...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.