Search results

1. ckempo

Random radio off/door unlocks whilst driving

Ooh, interesting - I'd never given the charger a second thought, will pay attention to my phone charging state next time it happens. I didn't have any codes when I last checked, but I had wondered if it was something to do with the key, for the same reason. Anyone know if a replacement barrel...
  2. ckempo

Random radio off/door unlocks whilst driving

OK folks, solve this one for me. When I'm driving along, seemingly at random, my doors unlock (all of them, full central locking etc) and the radio turns off. Locking the doors again is a button press away and usually they stay locked again, but getting the radio back on is a farce - sometimes...
  3. ckempo

Help! 2005 Leon - Boot Leaking

Argh, this seems to be exactly what's wrong with my Leon. Any chance you can post those photos somewhere ludditeal (or anyone else who's figured this out maybe)? I've tried to DM you but it won't let me...
  4. ckempo

75k miles and never had cambelt replaced....

It's the 2L Petrol TFSI, so presume it's different rules to the diesel, but that helps as a guide, thanks. I suppose I should have a good look at the manual, what I'm really curious about though is if it takes me (let's argue) 10 years to hit 40K, should I really have had it done in that...
  5. ckempo

75k miles and never had cambelt replaced....

This is an interesting thread... this "x years or y miles" arrangement... on my (56 plate) FR anyone got any idea whether I should be concerned? I do hardly any miles (has got 27k on the clock but it's 5.5 years old now) but despite the fact I'm under the 40k (or 60k, or whatever) limit, it's...
  6. ckempo

Leon Self-Diagnosis

Yeah they are, and yes I do.
  7. ckempo

Leon Self-Diagnosis

Hahaha - that is exactly who I was going to see.
  8. ckempo

Leon Self-Diagnosis

Hi All, Is there a way to effectively self-diagnose an issue with a Mk2 Leon FR (56 plate if it matters) without resorting to Vag-Com (which I don't have)? On my wife's Meriva, if the engine management light comes on then you can do some clever pedals+ignition combination and the light...
  9. ckempo

Newb Questions

I can answer two of these: Hold the lock button on the keyfob and don't let go until the mirrors start folding. It's about a 3 second press. Bluetooth kit lets you manage your contacts via the MFD (the screen in the dash) using the right stalk. Also see here for more useful tips.
  10. ckempo

Forza Motorsport - All game info and discussions in here

Demo Sept 24th...... http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/11/forza-3-goes-gold-demo-hits-marketplace-on-sept-24/
  11. ckempo

Alarm?!?

Haha have done this too, funny for me, not so for her.
  12. ckempo

song names on bluetooth MFD?

Agree. That's exactly the same thing that happens on my FR and I can't see why I don't see the track info - everything is tagged correctly (I suppose if it wasn't the main unit wouldn't show the text either)
  13. ckempo

wolverhampton seat

My brother sent his Leon to Jon Aldridge after having someone reverse into him, and again was very very pleased with the end result. :thumbup:
  14. ckempo

Tips and Tricks please?

Some of us are AT work... :help:
  15. ckempo

Tips and Tricks please?

Go read this thread, there's info in there about other secrets.
  16. ckempo

Value of SEAT Main Stealer Service History over Full "Other" Service History

Midland VW is 01543 495700 - the guy who owns it is called Jody, and what he doesn't know isn't worth knowing.
  17. ckempo

I Love My Leon

I'm in love my my TFSI Leon too, love hearing other people say the same thing.
  18. ckempo

Continental Headlights

Isn't it something to do with the spacing, level etc of your lights? Am sure I remember seeing something in the manual about making adjustments to your lights for when on the continent - have a flip through your book and see if I'm right, you might not need to buy anything just invest some time...
  19. ckempo

Does your FR attract bone heads?

Yeah deffo. What you've done to your Sport is amazing Dan and to look at it, no-one would ever know. Would be funny watching the result of an idiot trying it though. :lol: I know this thread has been resurrected but will comment anyway; YES IT DOES. Especially by the two Astra VXR owners who...
  20. ckempo

My First Weekend with the new FR TFSI

Like it. The BT pack is great isn't it?
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.