Search results

1. george130

Show your Sports - For the Non FR/Cupra Owners

Never measured it, but it's adjusters out on the back, and half way down on the front coils - I'm on Weitec HiCon coilovers too
  2. george130

They're 17" Leon FR+ wheels - look the same as Leon Cupra wheels and similar to Ibiza Cupra wheels. :)
  3. george130

Old wheels: Up for sale after exam time :)
  4. george130

Altech's 330 See Aye!

Looks really nice Altech :) does this have the LED rear lights I've seen some 3 series with?
  5. george130

George130's Ibiza Mk4

I'll send a PM :) I was torn between 330d's and 330i's, but the much lower tax/insurance/economy of the d is swinging it for me. Still all up in the air though... No they are less curved and dont have the the indents on the central 'bowl' - hard to describe! They are nice though.
  6. george130

George130's Ibiza Mk4

PM'd :)
  7. george130

George130's Ibiza Mk4

Cheers man. I bought this March 2008, so quite fancy a change... looking at 330D's :clap:
  8. george130

George130's Ibiza Mk4

Small update.. refurbished wheels (inside and out) and spacers :) Thinking of selling soon, anybody interested?
  9. george130

SeatCupra.net INSURANCE scheme with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274

Thanks to the staff at Chris Knott, even though they couldn't beat my current quote, they were very honest and did try their best. Will definitely try again next year.
  10. george130

Pretty much disable EGR using VAG com - Ibiza cupra PD engine - Now getting 60mpg

Nope no problems at all. To be honest, I can't think it made any difference whatsoever, perhaps SLIGHTLY quicker to pick up? (a bit more sudden on the power) Turbo seems fine, MPG the same if not better, and no EML as its an 03 and these ECU's don't seem to care!
  11. george130

Gearknobs again!

I have an Audi A6 gearknob, it fitted fine but the gaitor ended up a little tighter, at which point i got a new gaitor for a few quid off eBay
  12. george130

Pretty much disable EGR using VAG com - Ibiza cupra PD engine - Now getting 60mpg

I had this done for about 2 years, then I blocked the pipe off completely with a blanking plate - £4ish on eBay. Peace of mind..!
  13. george130

EGR Valve deletion kit

Popped a blanking plate in my EGR exhaust pipe bit the other day, smoothed out cold running slightly, no warning lights but my car is pre 04. Turned down egr with VAG-COM 10k miles ago and saw little difference. Blanking plate was this from eBay...
  14. george130

George130's Ibiza Mk4

A bumper off job, but not hard... one bolt and a connector.
  15. george130

George130's Ibiza Mk4

Cheers everyone :) I bought some handles off eBay (I have a spare pair of door handles in purple if you fancy them) and sprayed them off the car. You can paint them just like any other bit of trim - sand, primer, sand, base, lacquer, polish! To fit them, you need to carefully undo the...
  16. george130

removing adjuster cups still stuck

You want to put axle stands on the side sills nearest the rear of the car, where the metal looks reinforced, making sure the car is high enough to have the wheels off the ground. Then use a jack to lift the spring cup a little, and undo the damper bolt. You (or a mate) may have to pull down on...
  17. george130

Rear washer fluid blocked?????

I believe there is an attachment underneath the airbox in the engine bay
  18. george130

Removing front panels.

I had to do this a couple of weeks back, so doing this from memory: To take the center console out, you need to start by removing the headunit (use stereo keys), unclip curved dashboard panel underneath your climate/air con controls (sharp pull using indents), unscrew screws on left and...
  19. george130

Fitting audio booster

Sorry I missed where you wrote JVC :) Glad you got it working!
  20. george130

Fitting audio booster

Assuming you are working with an aftermarket headunit (as PhilW quite rightly pointed out), I identified the wire using the diagram in the stereo manual. You can also use the remote wire, which is usually blue and white striped. Edit: and i didn't do anything to modify the standard ISO...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.