Search results

1. Jameze

Advised I need timing belt done - do you agree with this? yes or no

I thought the same thing but I was hoping to know would you guys assume the slapping sound to be a reason to change the timing belt? Thats my main issue. As far as I was lead to believe it was changed about 60k so its about 30k into the current one but then who knows if im being told the...
  2. Jameze

Advised I need timing belt done - do you agree with this? yes or no

I have a garage that is new but I trust them due to a close friend recommending them to me. So far all is well with them however when I was getting a minor service the garage advised me that they can hear a slapping sound when I turn off my car (like the sound of a loose timing chain...
  3. Jameze

breather control valve - need to find correct part and revision (idle needling)

I am having trouble finding the correct version of part as I cant tell the difference beween them. Can you advise of a link that has the newest version of this part for the Leon tfsi FR as that is what I am really looking for, im not lazy, Im just really not sure which is right and dont want...
  4. Jameze

I am defo going to do it but need to find and verify the g version of the part
  5. Jameze

So after much research on this forum and volkswagon forum the random idle needling that is happeneing is apparently the breather control valve. I came to this conclusion as there appears to be alot of pressure inside the engine and when you remove the oil cap you feel it. I want to order...
  6. Jameze

What did you drive before you joined the LEON stable?

2005 Vauxhall Astra SRI 200BHP
  7. Jameze

Left Seat a long time ago - now im back

Had two seats ibiza before this then went onto astras. 4 astras later and im back but with a leon fr :) Car is amazing and stunning. I noticed the accelerator idle randomly accelerated to 1000 rpm then back down yesterday. Any ideas. When I bought the car adn was travelling home the...
  8. Jameze

Help/Advise requried - Hilarious - Lockout lol

Genious! RIGHT FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE AS UNFORTUNATE AS I WAS TO GET IN THIS SITUATION LISTEN UP. This method is sound easy and takes five minutes lol. Well i went to check on my car two days ago and some f**** smashed in my driver window. Not caved in but definitely summin to add to...
  9. Jameze

Lol sounds easy ill try it if the other one dont work. I went to do the other method of opening the bonnet and i could see the cable but cant pull it, need pliers and didnt have cause all my tools are in the flippin boot. god i need to fix the door asap lol
  10. Jameze

Cupra headlights - is it posible?

MORE POWER!!!! lol
  11. Jameze

Lol no your idea was better so technically your first but im gonna try the other way before yours as it seems slightly easier and Ibiza95 says he did it :P Jz
  12. Jameze

Pedal box (haven't we been here before?)

GUYS SEARCH THE THREADS BEFORE YAPPIN ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS, chances are someone has had the same problem and there is about ten pages on the same subject. Trust me i was the same before k. Main issues covered were Pedal Box ABS light always on most exterior mods inc what looks cool and not Tire...
  13. Jameze

Not done it yet, at work at t mo an its off t road for another 2 weeks so good for now lol but i left my trainers in ere so gonna have to get in lol im gonna try the bonnet catch as it would be t esiest solution then if i cant ill take pantygirls advice an jimmy it Jz
  14. Jameze

PS. i didnt mean no offence to anyone with that comment about some better than others i jus meant some were better than others lol but all great ideas, more than i knew before eh Jz
  15. Jameze

lol not at all....cool smiley. i think ill try the bonnet catch first if i can get to it as the car had a paint job wee while ago and knowing me ill scratch it with tape to but if catch dont work ill jimmy the door i think like lol :doh::doh:
  16. Jameze

I thought the same thing myself then realised i had no way to get in the boot lol
  17. Jameze

Thanks guys there all brilliant ideas, some more than others but i will definately try to release the catch and thanks for the warning about the alarm, ill just disconnect the siren for the alarm system. Should do the trick lol. Oh me first time breaking into a car lol hope t cops round the...
  18. Jameze

Right as embaressing as it is i need to break into my car k. When i bought the car the car came with one standard key and one broken one with the central locking control on it. Also i have the standard ibiza issue/problem with the passanger door that i can unlock it but its not connected (£12...