Search results

1. joesmad4it

How spacey is the 5 door Leon? (FR TDI)

:worship: Thanks all that makes me very happy! I am determined to stay with SEAT as I have nothing but good words to say about them and the Leon FR TDI seems the perfect replacement (a cheeky remap should make it a massive upgrade!)
  2. joesmad4it

How spacey is the 5 door Leon? (FR TDI)

I'm after a bit of advice with regards to the Leon (specifically the FR TDI) being a good 'family' car with regards to space. A baby due very soon means my other baby (Ibiza Cupra TDI) may have to go as I can't even get a contortionist in the back let alone a car seat and the boot could do with...
  3. joesmad4it

Cupra TDi question?

Yeah that's easily doable IMO. That price sounds about right for a 06-07 plate, im looking to shift mine soon due to a kiddie on the way and need 5 doors, mines an 56' with 49,000 on the clock and I'll be after around 6k As far as I know the cupra is the mich better option if only for the...
  4. joesmad4it

AUdio Upgrades

Anyone on here made their own adapters and can direct me to a link with pics of them as my search isn't showing any (assuming someone has done it other than this one which ha no pics anymore) http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1346589&postcount=6 Thanks
  5. joesmad4it

Removing dash to find tax disc!

Problem solved, took side panel off and could kinda get behind the dash but barely. Good old anti shatter ruler down the dash and managed to hook it out!
  6. joesmad4it

Thanks all I'll try now and let ya know who won :-)
  7. joesmad4it

Dunno if this has happened to anyone before but my tax disc holder fell yesterday and sods law the tax disc fell down the back of the dash and disappeared. Anyone recommend an easier way of gettin it than removing the entire dash?
  8. joesmad4it

Fitting front door speakers, whats needed?

Sorry to sound like an absolute ICE amateur but what speakers are you looking at to use with these adapters? Is the size much different from the standard (i.e. a straight size swap isn't worth it) and will the standard Alana head unit have enough power for them?
  9. joesmad4it

No more auto boot and passanger door lock

Yeah still does that so not really an issue, plus overide switch still locks and unlocks so not a control unit fault
  10. joesmad4it

No more auto boot and passanger door lock

After my recent central locking control unit issue, it turns out the unit was knackered so a bloke I use managed to track a used one down and everythings all good again. The only thing is the auto passenger door and boot lock function no longer happens which is fine by me as it annoyed me...
  11. joesmad4it

Central locking not working

Ok I know this post consists of just me but thought I'd disscuss my progress. Connected car to VAG COM and SEAT were right it can't speak to the CU, but had practically full control over all other functions (windows, wipers, horn, lights etc.) but seems like the CU isn't getting power for the...
  12. joesmad4it

Ok so slightly s***ing myself now. Been to SEAT who say they can't connect to the cars CCU and could be wiring fault or a new CCU which in worst case means it could be £600 with labour!! Any suggestions would be awesome!
  13. joesmad4it

It's not the fuses they look fine but what is weird is the internal light doesn't come on when the door is opened which makes me think there is a fault with the cables running through the door
  14. joesmad4it

:shrug: Help needed please guys. I drove to work this morning all fine, went to lock the car and the key fob flashed but nothing happened. The lights don't flash and now I can't lock the passanger door! I went for another drive to make car self-lock but this didn't happen and the switch...
  15. joesmad4it

Suprising mot brake test results

So how come mine weighed in at 1290 with a spare and more than half a tank of derv. Maybe mine was weighed without anyone in it which would make it about right. Do they do that or always with someone in?
  16. joesmad4it

Blimey thats a massive difference. Either his scales were well out or he was on a full tank with luggage!
  17. joesmad4it

maintenance 60k miles

Your touching the 60,000 mark so I'd get it done, I take it by the high mileage you do quite a commute so I't would be a disaster if it went!
  18. joesmad4it

Sounds about right (brake results) but shocked with the weight. Mine came in at 1290kg so pretty much the same although I thought the TDI was heavier. Maybe the tester was a large fella!
  19. joesmad4it

maintenance 60k miles

+1 on that! Had mine done at 36,000 miles as it hit 4 years old, so unless its only a couple of years old I'd change it!
  20. joesmad4it

Blimey didn't realise their brakes were that pony! Was kinda chuffed with the result on the rears as they are rusty as hell and ideally need replacing but waiting till pads need doing. Gotta be more peeps on here who just had an MOT!
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise