Search results

1. mk2 beeza rally build

:( Still have a long way to go im afraid. Time to work at it is a major issue, and old faithfull "money" is the other. I would say its 70% complete. I have most of the engine bits I need but need to get some machining done. Gearbox and clutch all there. Driveshafts yet to be sorted...
  2. mk2 beeza rally build

Well lets see......I think I can utilise one of the holes already there so only 4 more holes needed. And I wont be filling in the spare holes...therefore the Billies become part of my spares package. Now if you mean borrowing the VWMS units for Historical Research and investigation then yes...
  3. mk2 beeza rally build

:D At last!!! I managed to get what I needed. Next job??? Get these babies fitted!! :funk:
  4. mk2 beeza rally build

Done
  5. mk2 beeza rally build

Some more work completed:D So thats the rear axle in;)
  6. mk2 beeza rally build

Excellent for a sudden change in direction!!! like in an overshoot:rofl:
  7. mk2 beeza rally build

Ok, some more progress. I have managed to get time to plumb the pedal box, hydraulic handbrake and front brakes over the weekend. Also got round to refitting the skirts and securing the jacking point covers. No need to remove them now I have the still stand mounts sorted. Hope...
  8. mk2 beeza rally build

Probably looks better than what it is :rolleyes: I cant wait to get it on the stages!!!!!!!!
  9. mk2 beeza rally build

I know where you're coming from. It can be difficult to get the VWM parts now. It seems to be a case of adapt and make your own. My old golf was fitted with the bearing type mounts and they made such a difference to the car. You are in more direct contact with the surface of the track and can...
  10. Mk 2 tarmac rally car

I still have the rear avos from my mk2 golf. If you look closely you can see the spherical bearing mounts.
  11. mk2 beeza rally build

Thanks for that, its taken a while but we should see some more progress over the next couple of months.
  12. mk2 beeza rally build

Cheers. The rear beam mounts are a protoytpe set at the moment designed by "Daved" from the club gti forum. Its taken some time to actually get them to the stage they are at now. Im financing the materials and machine costs Dave has done the drawings and organised the machining and quality...
  13. Mk 2 tarmac rally car

In the pic below you can see the horizontal bolt for the grp4 type strut in my mk2 golf
  14. Mk 2 tarmac rally car

Looking at the mk3 golf rally car there are many differing types of sumpguard and subframes out there. I see OMP make one but I have not seen any drawings off it. Perhaps a bit of research down that line might throw a bit of light on it! I was hoping to have it finished way back in 2010 but the...
  15. mk2 beeza rally build

Front suspension, brakes and steering in. :)
  16. Mk 2 tarmac rally car

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=171197 yeah, i have a thread in readers rides
  17. mk2 beeza rally build

Ok, so im sorry, life has a funny way of getting in the way of projects but progress has started again. I will try to keep the updates coming in from now on !!
  18. mk2 beeza rally build

:whistle:Proper pukka rear axle bearing mounts!!!
  19. mk2 beeza rally build

Engine bay starting to be reassembled
  20. mk2 beeza rally build

Rear shocks
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.