Search results

1. Ben CTR

Anyone know this Mk3 Cupra?

That's the one.. Good work mate ;)
  2. Ben CTR

Anyone know this Mk3 Cupra?

Followed it today briefly near Hitchin/Stevenage. Certainly looked the part and went well too..
  3. Ben CTR

Mk3 Leon Cupra 1/4 mile times

Absolutely mate.. You just need to pull your finger out and get it mapped now ;) There's not much on the net regarding mapped Mk3 Cupras from what I have seen, but I can only imagine them being a fooking animal once rolling given the results the Golf and S3's are getting and them being lighter...
  4. Ben CTR

Yeah, makes sense mate and much more official. Sounds like there speed trap needs a good calibration if it's nearly 10mph out (factoring in speedo inaccuracies). It would of still been a good crack though I'm sure? ;) Are you modded at all?
  5. Ben CTR

I would say 12's would easily be possible from a DSG car too. This was done on a stock DSG car with a horrific 2.6 60ft time (sorry Ian.. lol).
  6. Ben CTR

119mph???!!! #sceptical Would like to see what a mapped one would run at Pod.
  7. Ben CTR

Renault breaks SEAT's ring record...by building a race car

How about this for an idea... Why don't Seat and Renault actually time the full production model of each car and just go from that?!?! Rather than this pathetic attempt at beating each others record by moving the goal posts each time.. What's next, Leon Cupra R with no windows, 200 shot of NOS...
  8. Ben CTR

MK3 Leon Cupra, what we know

Mmmmm Interesting.. http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=29446 Loving the gauges.
  9. Ben CTR

That's why I mentioned a 3 year lease deal Al.. ;) If it was on a 2 year and you kissed the car's warranty goodbye, I dare say they would be less than chuffed.. :D
  10. Ben CTR

True. However, If it's on a 3 year deal and therefore won't have any warranty when going back and heading straight to auction, I can't see the issue to be honest. As long as it goes back in the same spec it came to you with, whether to you choose to mod it 'should' be up to you. If things go...
  11. Ben CTR

It may 'feel' weird, but it's a no brainer IMO if you are looking to buy new (or nearly new). After having some real shitty luck (reliability wise) with 2nd hand cars for the wife, we now lease her car too. The deals we get from our lease company make the salesman's jaw hit the deck when...
  12. Ben CTR

The main reason I ordered the A45 over the M135i when replacing my 135i. Cracking car, but it's just like having a child born with it's face on upside down. You still love it, but you just can't get to grips with it's looks.. :( As for deals though, wow! My mate has just ordered a Mineral Grey...
  13. Ben CTR

Cracking the ECU is only half the problem. You've also got to take into account whether it can be mapped through OBD or whether it is ECU out job. Also will it leave a big red flag when going into the dealers for warranty/service work? With Audi having this TD1 (or whatever it's called) and BMW...
  14. Ben CTR

In light of the remap difficulties that most manufacturers seem to be now create, there is nothing wrong with the latest tuning boxes as an alternative IMO. Most seem to be going the same way (VAG, BMW, Merc etc) and seem to be giving good results if the right tuner is used. There is also the...
  15. Ben CTR

JamJay's BMW 135i (That no-one cares about because it's not VAG)

Awful car.. Wouldn't be seen dead in one.. :sick:
  16. Ben CTR

Whose Stage 2+ Cupra with WMI?

12th post down on here.. http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,16977.330.html Not sure if he is on here though..
  17. Ben CTR

Mk2 Leon 1/4 Mile Times

Where was this at also? Nice trap speeds either way and shows for a healthy car.. ;)
  18. Ben CTR

1.4TSI 1/4 Mile leaderboard

All depends on how well the track has been prepped.. It can grip really well one day and then on another.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHbXjfvVUdU&feature=channel&list=UL :-o Needless to say, they shut the track straight after that run, but to think they actually thought it was ready to...
  19. Ben CTR

1.4TSI 1/4 Mile leaderboard

:lol: Is that the Black one? Nice little scalp there :rofl: Is he still not cracking into the 13's yet? :confused: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9OWl9DjDZY&feature=youtu.be
  20. Ben CTR

APR hype....

Big meet @ Pod in August and loads of the VAG boys going.. Shoot out? :funk:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.