Search results

1. beezanick

Ibiza Bypass Relay when fitting towbar?

How did you code it with vagcom? Is there a guide anywhere?
  2. beezanick

Bigger washer bottle

Straight swap, just need to get some grommets to block of the extra holes. I used araldite to glue them in to make sure they are watertight. You may have some problems getting the old bottle bolts undone as they may have rusted in badly by now.
  3. beezanick

What size screws hold the undertray on?

Theyr'e 31p each from dealer at the mo. Perhaps they could post some to you?
  4. beezanick

TDi HOSE DIAGRAM

Its the pic for a MK4 ibiza. I got told not to go by the diagrams for the boost pipes, as they are often wrong.
  5. beezanick

TRS Tow Strap

Bolt the strap into where the tow eye would normaly go, but you will probably need a left hand thread bolt. Best bet is to get annother tow eye and cut the 'eye' off, then use that as a bolt. Why have you got a tow strap?
  6. beezanick

ibiza sport PD130 turbo change?

Engine in job. Looks pretty tight in there to get at everything though. Intercooler pipes are easy to get at.
  7. beezanick

Lower intercooler pipe gasket

Can I ask how much the turbo was?
  8. beezanick

Leon Cupra TDi Glow plugs and harness

Why do you need a new loom? Cant you just replace the single (or all the) glow plug/s?
  9. beezanick

blue smoke on start up

It can also be a leaking injector dropping derv onto the pistons whilst turned off.
  10. beezanick

Engine mount broke - need new engine

Is it a PD engine, or non PD? If PD, then then the part the mount bolts into can be easily replaced, but by your description it is the older style.
  11. beezanick

1.9 tdi thermostat problem, maybe?

Shouldnt the coolant be blead by removing the temp sender?
  12. beezanick

How many miles have you driven your Ibiza??

52 plate. Got mine 2 years, 1 month ago. Was on 58K, now 110K. The only problems I've had are the AC compressor and the dodgy instrment cluster (solved in 1hr with a bit of solder). Oh, also needed a new EGR, but it could have gone on.
  13. beezanick

Slight Whirring Noise From Alternator Area

Shouldnt be any movement (except rotation) on the tensioner. Try doing it up (16mm spanner), but if not the bearing will have gone.
  14. beezanick

New brakes

I've used DS2500 i mine, and have lasted 60K so far with only just half the pad used up. Also used EBC plain disks, which have been fine.
  15. beezanick

Timing belt change..

I'm planning to do mine this week. The parts have cost me so far(aprox); Timing belt kit (inc idler and tensioner): £110 Waterpump: £45 Coolant: £30 Aux belt: £15 So about £200 in parts (the kit and coolant were OE, the rest aftermarket). There should be 3hrs labour for the timing belt...
  16. beezanick

How to switch off ABS

It will not end well. The rear brakes will lock up well before the front, giving the impression of using the handbrake to stop. The back end will step out, and you will lose controll. Even on a dry race track I had problems controlling the car when the ABS failed due to the bias. On...
  17. beezanick

Help - Mk4 Ibiza 1.9Tdi FR '04 plate Passengers seat airbag deployed

Can you not reset the ECU via VagCom? I'd have thought you'd have been able to. If you arnt going to carry passengers for a while, you could just unplug the airbag and seatbelt, then reset the ECU. It will give you a fault code, but the other airbags will still deploy. As for the other...
  18. beezanick

Headlight adjustment

Take 'em to a MOT station. They will do it properly, and will only be a fiver.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.