Search results

1. james.l

Dodgy fuel tank float?

I've got a problem with my fuel gauge in that when the car is stationary it reads what it should from the tank. When accelerating the low fuel beep comes on, when braking I've got a full tank of fuel. This is the float IMO. Can the float be reset or is it a new pump?
  2. james.l

LCR Mani + DP External Gate Dilemma

Hi Folks, I'm in a bit of a pickle about what to do about a manifold and downpipe solution for my LCR build. Got a Tial turbine housing GT3071r with external gate, 38mm Tial MVS Gate. What are my options Install K04 system back onto the car and break it in then drive it somewhere to...
  3. james.l

K04 upgrade turbo "kit" - NOT a for sale thread

All, Stripped everything off my car today in preparation for the engine build and wanted to know what is necessary to make the parts removed into a "bolt on kit" for other vag platforms, as far as I understand thing the down pipe is a sticking point on certain platforms. Some of the coolant...
  4. james.l

LCR 2008cc GT3071r Billet Build

I wanted to get something up in this section as people with the knowledge of BT installations will have a look in this section rather than trawling through a RR thread. I'm starting the build on my car this week / weekend. Here is a breakdown of what is happening / going in. Block BAM Engine...
  5. james.l

LCR Engine removal, De-Gass Air Con

Hi All, Will be starting work on my leon build soon, and wanted to ask a quick question. I will be removing the engine through the front of the car, bumper off etc. Regarding the aircon, should i get it degassed and then remove it all whislt removing the engine or is there enough slack to...
  6. james.l

Anyone used TSR tubular Manifolds for LCR?

Had a look at these online, anyone used them, or got any reviews...
  7. james.l

Running rough

Hi, Is there anyone out there who might be able to help with my girlfriends polo. It hasn't been running right for some time. The symptons are Poor Fuel Economy Smells of petrol Using oil The engine management light has come on before with an error code for the lambda sensor. Would...
  8. james.l

VCDS help for a poorly polo

Hi, Is there anyone out there who might be able to help with my girlfriends polo. It hasn't been running right for some time. The symptons are Poor Fuel Economy Smells of petrol Using oil The engine management light has come on before with an error code for the lambda sensor. Would...
  9. james.l

Tapatalk embedded photos

Hi, Been Doing some updating on my rr thread, my embedded photos with IMG tags show on Internet browsers but not in tapatalk? Don't know if I'm the only one having this issue?
  10. james.l

400 LB/FT + Clutches

Has anyone got any experiance / can recommend a clutch kit rated to over 400 LB/FT Torque with SM Flywheel for a Leon Cupra R 6 Spd.
  11. james.l

Cts turbo

Just wanted to get a bit of advice, has anyone used cts turbo in the US?
  12. james.l

ELSAWIN + Engine Rebuild

I'm going to be tackling an engine rebuild on a BAM 1.8T in the not to distant future as part of a BT upgrade, going to be stripping everything down removing pistons, replacing rods etc etc. My question is, I need to get quite a lot of important information regarding various things, torque...
  13. james.l

IHI VF22 (Hybrid) or Garrett GT2871R

I've been doing a lot of digging around recently about BT conversions on a LCR, my big questions is which turbo? I'm sort of torn between a IHI VF22 (supplied by Jabbasport) or a Garrett GT2871R. My goals are 350 - 380Bhp mark. Does anybody have a conversion that might be able to give some input...
  14. james.l

LS7u or S7U Paint Code

Can anybody confirm about a paint code for me. The boot label says that my paint code is LS7U. but all the research suggests that the paint code is S7U. I always thought that my car was platinum grey but again, reasearch brings it up as luna grey, or sombre grey. can anyone confirm? Got a...
  15. james.l

Silicone TIP's

Been looking at getting a silicone TIP for my LCR, but there seems to be a lot of company's making these from various places (China, USA, UK) I don't want to pay the extortionate price of £140 from forge. Has anyone used any of the others? Any reviews? A Few i have found USA...
  16. james.l

Grooved Discs Rotation Pattern

Got some new EBC grooved discs today from CRN, just wondering, is there a specific way to mount these, i.e whcih way the groove rotates, my cars grooves currently go \ that way going forward, i thought they where meant to go / that way going forward. Any ideas?
  17. james.l

Coilovers - Jobs to do at the same time.

Thinking about upgrading my LCR to coilovers and wanted to know what else i should replace at the same time, i.e bushes, top mounts etc, don't want to pay 2 lots of labour if i can get everything done in one go. I've had a read through suspension FAQ but it's 2 years old and the most recent...
  18. james.l

James' LCR - 2008cc Stroker HTA GT3071r! - Tuned @ Badger5

As the car stands today, and a list of the parts installed / to be installed Block BAM Engine Block 92.8mm Forged Crank 1.8 Oil Pump Drive Gear Mahle Motorsport Powerpak Pistons Mahle Motorsport Piston Rings Mahle Motorsport Wrist Pins 06a 1.8T Oil Squirters DM Forged 144 x 20 Connecting...
  19. james.l

BMC CDA / Green Dynatwist - Worth it?

Am thinking of getting a BMC CDA or dynatwist, currently have a PD160 & green cotton filter. Wondering if they are worth the cost? Cheers
  20. james.l

James' Ibiza FR

Realised that i actually had 2 readers ride threads :confused: So i have decided to consolidate the 2 by deleting the old... And creating a new :D I have had the car for about 18months now, and haven't really got round to creating a readers ride thread. So here is what she looked like when...