Search results

1. Dents Common?

After bad experiences in the past I park away from other cars, easier to get in-out too.
  2. Leon FR tdi tyre noise

I clocked the large ammount of negative camber on the rear of my FR as soon as I got it home from the dealer last year. The rear wheels are noticeably leaning in at the top, it looks like something from the BTCC. Since reading this thread I've been checking out other cars as I drive about, I...
  3. which tyres would you go for seat leon 18"

The Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta's look good but wear very quickly? No? It would make sense, there's only half the rubber in road contact compared to a standard tyre.
  4. What is/are the most common Mk2 faults?

Road noise is my only issue.
  5. Crash Bang Wallop - FR TDI Suspension!

It'll be interesting to see how much difference this makes. I do think its a tradeoff though. I had a stylance as a courtesy car and didn't like the feel of the softer setup, too much body roll in the corners. My past 2 cars have had hard setups though, Leon FR and Alfa 147.
  6. DSG Moving off

I seem to get that when I've been accelerating then need to brake and then move off quickly again, at a roundabout say. I think the DSG tees up a higher gear for the next change when I'm on the gas but can't respond quickly enough to be ready to select the lower gear when I suddenly brake...
  7. DSG Moving off

I get a smooth pull away with my DSG FR, the clutches seem very slightly grabby when cold but that's about it. I do agree about the wheelspin issue though, but I don't see it as that bad a problem. I'm not sure how an auto clutch can ever know if you want a gently pull away or a racing start...
  8. Autocar Review on the new FR

Nice to see such a positive review and that SEAT have done something about the harsh low speed ride (it would seem) I'm not sure that the orange shows the car in the best light, I'd need to see one in person to make a final decision about the front end.
  9. Why not have freetack 4WD system on leons?

The VW 4x4 system in a Leon is proably the one thing that would encourage me to exchange my FR for a newer one, if anyone from SEAT marketing's listening :whistle:
  10. Useful / Trivial Things You May Not Know About Your Leon . . .

To re-set the sevice indication (if your dealer forgets to do it like mine did....) 1. Press and Hold the Odometer knob in 2. Turn the ignition on (do not start the car though) 3. Turn the odometer knob to the right and hold for about 5 secs. 4. Release odometer knob and switch ignition...
  11. 95 or 100 octane. What fuel do you use??

Always Tesos 99ron here. When I first got the car I tried a tankfull of Asda 95ron and the engine seemed more noisey at startup so I've stuck with the 99ron. Hardly scientific I know. There was a mag article (from Which maybe) quoted in some of the papers a few months back saying that...
  12. 2009 Mk2 Leon facelift.

I think the exterior looks OK but I'd really need to see it in person, the interior looks a lot better. If that's the standard radio (I suspect not) then the display is a big improvement in the looks department. I frequently have people get into my car and comment on the bizzarely huge text on...
  13. Leon Hybrid (Ecomotive Twin Drive)

V interesting , thanks.
  14. Leon Hybrid (Ecomotive Twin Drive)

Could you have the electric motors driving the rear wheels and the petrol the front as normal, 4 wheel drive without the heavy drive shaft n' stuff?
  15. Aftermarket Head Unit Effect OEM Bluetooth?

So that means you don't have the steering wheel phone controls then?
  16. Facelift My09? Rumours or spypics?

I didn't think SEAT were doing so badly compared to other car makers. Its hard to get a good inpression from those shots, I agree with the last poster about the Audi thing at the front.
  17. Tyre Wear

How do you get 30K of front wheel miles out of a set of tyres? Rotating I can understand, its like 15K x2,but 30K all on the front???? My Pirelli 18 inchers are getting visibly chewed through and I've only done 8K. I'm guessing by 15K at the most they'll be well done.
  18. Bye Bye Seat

If it can be done easilly I can see removing the VW badge from the bonnet being a popular mod. What were they thinking?
  19. I Love My Leon

I feel the same, still really enjoying my DSG FR TFSI. Family and friends are impressed with it also, especially for the price.
  20. Turning the MK2 Leon Cupra into AWD - Possible?

Its a real shame you can't get the VW 4WD system in the Leon.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise