Search results

1. adi

Leon Cupra SMIC arch vent (poor persons job!)

This is my attempt, quite pleased with it... I also trimmed out this vent and removed a piece of restrictive plastic from inside. No noticable gains but I feel like I have done something positive in theory :)
  2. adi

clutch pedal gone snap!

Of course... http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/18012.aspx?PageIndex=1 Everything you need to know is here :)
  3. adi

clutch pedal gone snap!

All sorted, I read a good thread on uk mkIVs about this, seems many have replaced the pedal, and/or welded it to strengthen it. This is exactly what I did. Also found the trick of sticking the spring in a vice and cable tie clamping it to get it back in very handy.
  4. adi

clutch pedal gone snap!

Im going to remove the pedal today (undone the 3 nuts but the pedal doesn't want to come away and the white clip is still on, am i safe to pop this off?), i can see where the little welds have broken so will try to weld that back on. The black plastic clip might be salvageable. What is the fault...
  5. adi

clutch pedal gone snap!

It'l have to be repaired as I'm skint and I need the car tomorrow! It almost feels like the actuator rod is stuck and doesn't want to come back out though?
  6. adi

clutch pedal gone snap!

Anyone have a pic of theirs so I can try and repair this?
  7. adi

clutch pedal gone snap!

So my clutch pedal went snap and now is stuck to the floor on my 02 cupra. Theres a bit of metal broken off the pedal and a broken plastic clip like so
  8. adi

petrol smell

I haven't investigated it recently, but I believe the split plastic pipe (PCV?) is causing it
  9. adi

petrol smell

A lighter and a fire extinguisher would find it pretty quick lol
  10. adi

petrol smell

tbh I haven't really checked anything yet, I have noticed a dodgy looking breather hose (one that comes off the Y-pipe on the gearbox side of the engine, wrapped up with insulation tape. I did check the fuel pipes and they're ok though.
  11. adi

petrol smell

cat is still on and as far as I'm aware its still got its innards. I believe it to be remapped too. Are you talking about the inlet or exhaust manifold? I'l check them, I know it had new inlet and exhaust mani gaskets before I got it (well the PO told me it did)
  12. adi

petrol smell

When I'm sat in traffic sometimes (02 leon cupra) I get a smell of petrol inside the car, just wondering if theres a common issue causing this? I did have it plugged in a few weeks back for a bit of a light throttle hesitation (which brough up coil packs 1 + 3), I've since changed the plugs...
  13. adi

Induction kit on LCR 225?

not cheap but looks a quality bit of kit that does :)
  14. adi

Clutch lifespan

my LC is on 82k and I believe it to be the original clutch. bites 2/3 the way up the pedal
  15. adi

Clutch lifespan

Always depends on how they're driven. I've heard of 1.8T clutches lasting up to 120k!
  16. adi

Induction kit on LCR 225?

I only have the experience of a cheap nasty chav cone filter on my mapped LC, just put a standard airbox on it which has improved response but it has lost its awesome turbo chatter when letting off at mid range full boost gearchanges :(
  17. adi

adi's eeebeefa

well seein as i failed to get it to a bodyshop, i've taken it upon myself to have a crack myself, so here's what i've been doing so far.... smoothed the scuffed rear bumper.. sorted some bubbled paintwork and smoothed the seam on the driver's side sill smoothing the crease lines...
  18. adi

project cordoba vario

*runs off to a scrapyard to find panels*
  19. adi

project cordoba vario

yea but i only changed the bumper, do i just need wings, bonnet, lights and grille? or do i need the front slam panel/crossmember to attach the bumper to? i'd go for a cupra front end, would look awesome on my car
  20. adi

project cordoba vario

I want a mk3 front end now!!
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.