Search results

1. 345mm discs and pads

Not heard that. TTRS discs yes but not heard any complaints about the TTS discs.
  2. 345mm discs and pads

A few have fitted 340mm TTS discs which are an OEM upgrade. They are over 1 Kg lighter and internally vented so run cooler. The 5mm less makes no difference as you will see a lip on your current disc which the pad makes no contact with. Brembo offer them cheaper than main dealers, TPS etc
  3. Help needed regarding fuel pump

I'm sure that part can be replaced but is not available separately so you need to source a new or used pump and swap it out. If you're buying a new standard pump I would swap internals unless it's an APR or Loba pump you have as the pump seals will be fresh then. PS your hubby is not the...
  4. alloys leaking?

Could be 2 slow punctures or could be 2 leaking valves. I recently had a leaking valve replaced - valve was only 2 years old. Thought it was a puncture. Only one way to find out - take them to a tyre shop!
  5. APR Stage 1+ Question

APR 1+ requires a hpfp. In some respects it is a better package than stage 2. With intake APR quote 335bhp but that's only only half the story, the increased mid-range due to the hpfp is the big advantage over stage 2. I've been running stage 1+ since changing from Shark stage 1 and there...
  6. 0-60mph 0-100mph 30-100 times

We all know Hurdy points the VBox downhill :cartman:
  7. APR Software Group buy

Looks like we are waiting on just one more member for this....
  8. APR Software Group buy

Hi. Thought I would draw your attention to the following APR software group buy which is currently running as we almost have the numbers required: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395536 20% off standard prices, possibly more if you have already remapped your car.
  9. New brake pads

Hi not sure if you've ordered already but Opie oils are selling Brembo pads and discs with 25% off until midnight tonight which brings them in slightly cheaper than the Pagid ones from ECP. The discount code XMAS is needed.
  10. TT-S 340mm discs

Read about these on Mk5gti forum. Brake guru DaveB recommends these over the 345mm disc. The 5mm difference makes no difference as the pad doesn't sit on the edge of the 345mm disc hence the wear lip. They are lighter so the whole unsprung mass thing comes into play and I believe there is...
  11. PD170 Glow Time adjustment (VCDS) - Is it possible ?

Depends on several factors but given age and mileage, I wouldn't rule them out as a cause.
  12. PD170 Glow Time adjustment (VCDS) - Is it possible ?

Hi I'm not sure what your cold start issue is but I would be surprised if extending the time helped. As far as I know the glow plugs do not heat unless the air temperature is below 10oC therefore, if you are having starting issues when it is this temperature or warmer I would be looking at...
  13. Audi S3 like mirror covers

Here in the UK the recent (last 6 years or so) S3/S4 have real brushed aluminium covers not painted plastic. I also think the older S3 (pre 2003) have aluminium covers. I'm not sure about the newer RS models though.
  14. Audi S3 like mirror covers

The Audi S car mirrors are brushed aluminium and not paint hence the finish you talk about.
  15. Strange oil deposits ?!?

That looks bad! Is the dipstick mayo free? I would be thinking head gasket if I saw that:cry:
  16. Cupra downpipe to 1.8TSI?

I would say no as these cars run different turbos/
  17. Remap BHP increase and insurance

21% :confused: Your maths is well out! 63bhp increase is more than 21% 63/237 x 100=over 26.5%
  18. Apr pump

Hi, where's the best deal on these at the minute?
  19. 07 FR ABS, tire pressure and traction control lights on

Maybe not as I had the pump replaced under warranty and had this issue afterwards. Turned out to be a speed sensor for one of the wheels. An ABS pump failure will cause the light to be on all the time whereas this is an intermittent fault. When mine came on the steering feel changed - it...
  20. Acceptable fuel pressure difference?

Is this being done in the UK yet or is it still a ship to the states job? Also is it safe to assume a APR refurbed pump will be as good as a new APR pump? I think it is time APR drop the price of a pump given their relaunch in the UK and how much weaker the pound is to the dollar compared...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.