Search results

1. Indicator ticking problem

Hi everyone, my cars indicator ticking noise has started coming on randomly just on its own, or after I have just used the indicator (it continues faster). My friend thought it might have been something to do with the hazard controls (as this is where the noise comes from). He tested it and...
  2. Locking remote control

Hi everyone, havnt posted on here for a long time. Im just wondering if I could purchase a remote central locking kit for my car. Its a 1.6 s mk1 leon. The car never came with the remote as it got lost. Is there a kit i could get and install my self which would allow me to use the current...
  3. Door seal prices?- Dealers?

Hi guys i know its a common problem and i am anoyed seat do not offer to fix this for free. But i have a 7 year old leon mk1 and it has a passenger side leak in the door seals i pressume. I have since take bits of the door apart and unblocked the drainage holes as it was full of gunk and...
  4. Where JBL components ever an option on the leon mk1?

As above took my car to bits today to make a start on my install and found some JBL components in there. They were not amped up obiously just ran from the original wiring but using cross overs which were mounted on the door skin. On a side note has anyone ever removed the dash from...
  5. Interior trim

After getting a head ache getting the power cable through the engine bay etc. I now need to know how to get the cable through into the boot. I know you are ment to pull off the interior trim and go under that however i cannot pull it off i have lifted it out at both ends front and back but it...
  6. I can't open my glove box

Went to put something in my glove box the other day and i can't open it... Never had any problem before. Is there a lock on it? I have a key hole type thing on it but never had a key to fit it? Any suggestions?
  7. Altenator output 1.6S

As above does anyone know what the altenator output is on a seat leon mk1 1.6 s. Also does anyone know what the standard running equipment output is (Max) im looking for amps so i know what sort of power i can look at running safely with some ice in.
  8. Tyre pressre

After doing a search im un convince about what tyre pressure my tyres should be. All the ones in the search were relating to cupra tyres im not sure if the standard alloys on the 1.6s are the same as curpa rs. Been on a tyre air pressure caluclator wedsite and it says only 30 but again...
  9. Aircon smells

First time i have ever had a car with air con. Its not all the time but just occasionally it has avery bad smell to it. Do i need a new pollen filter or does the whole system need sorting out. I dont really know whats involved. What does having it re-gassed do? Its still cold. And doesnt...
  10. Panel Filters

I know it has been covered alot i have used the search and found there to be a few main contenders. Green cotton, K&N, pippercross BMC, and ITG (which seem pretty expensive) What are peoples preferences, i am not lookign for any performace increases as i won't be doing anything else just...
  11. cam belt snapping damage

Whats the worse case scenario for a cam belt snapping on a 1.6 16v? I know on most cars its bad but i dono what happens on this engine the car has done 68k but the service book is not showing that it has been done. Where abouts is the cover so i can check again im very unfamiliar with...
  12. Anyone dealt with the bedfordshire/MK dealers?

As above, what are they like anyone found anything nice to know like how much they charge for leaking door seals etc. Or are they just rip off merchants. Post your findings Not had to use any yet but may be worth taking a note off when i come to servicing etc.
  13. Leon battery casing covers?

Do all leons 2001 come with a battery cover? I noticed my sisters polo did the other day and most other vags seem to also. From my engine bag you can see the battery and the other wires going into it. There is no black casing on the top though.
  14. 1.6 16v throttle response

I know compared to the ars i have driven before the seat leon 1.6. 16v is a pretty heavy car (compared to puntos, earlier fiestas etc.) But i cant help but think its got terrible throttle response, its almost like lagged and pulling out of round a bouts is no where near as quick as my punto...
  15. Remote entry

Would any of these kits be suitable for a 2001 leon s? http://www.rclick.co.uk/index.php?cPath=50 I was only given the one key with the car despite asking. The car has an alarm/imobiliser (standard seat one). I have to use the key and the lock to get in. Is this the case on all seat...
  16. Heater controls light

I have just had a quick search but no luck. I have a leon 1.6 s and when its dark all the speedo, cd player lights go red except for where the heater controls which is pretty bad when you start steaming up in the dark or something along those lines. I have read on another seat forum that the...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.