Search results

1. MrJohnnyB

Screenwash Symbol

I was hoping someone could confirm... I have a Seat Leon Ecomotive from August 2011. It has never had a working screen wash. I spoke to the dealers about this and they told me that this was standard, however, I have since checked the manual and not been able to find anything saying this warning...
  2. MrJohnnyB

Car Purchase

No one has mentioned the 1.6TDI Ecomotive which is what I've just acquired, really enjoyable car to drive actually has similar 0-60 stats does 74.3mpg combined and comes relatively well equipped. That said I am not sure if you could purchase for those sort of figures. Maybe one that has done...
  3. MrJohnnyB

Leon Cupra Ecomotive (1.6)

Unfortunately... yesterday I got a call from local dealer to say that it'd been delivered early and that I can pick it up today.. 4 hours left!! I obviously lucked out on the whole relaunch and this copa thing as I think I had to wait longer for my used car last time. 4/5 Days is mentally quick...
  4. MrJohnnyB

Just got off the phone from Dealer.. Arriving next Tuesday!!:funk: Will report back with my findings in a few weeks time. Thanks for all your comments guys!
  5. MrJohnnyB

Thats good news because local dealer managed to come down a bit on price so am now ordering it!! Genuinely excited, plus I'm pretty much saving the world as its an eco.
  6. MrJohnnyB

Went to look at the focus as well as the A1 today... All I can say is Audi Ipswich left me very dissatisfied. Like 3 sales people just sitting around chatting not offering to help. Ended up walking out.. A1 is too small and a bit unattractive. Turns out there is no econetic new focus yet, looked...
  7. MrJohnnyB

Bearing in mind that I am young and thus impatient the delivery time on the Copa S is definately what pulls me towards this. Although after having a good laugh at that post you linked to I may take my Cupra badge from my old leon and move it to my ecomotive... practically the same thing right...
  8. MrJohnnyB

I looked at mapping. MPG isnt a huge consideration as company pays for my private mileage. Revo do a map which increases BHP to 145 and Torque to 234nm. Although I was quite surprised by how nippy the car actually is standard, somewhat slower than my Cupra. My dads partner has an Ibiza ecomotive...
  9. MrJohnnyB

I am in the process of selling my old Lean Cupra (Mk1) company (dad) are buying me a new company car, went and took a new ecomotive yesterday for an extended test drive. The claimed figures of 74 mpg combined seem very impressive - although noted the car was showing 41 mpg although to be fair it...
  10. MrJohnnyB

engine management light gone!!

Well if its a soldered LED it could be fairly expensive tbh!
  11. MrJohnnyB

Yet another White K1

Very nice, you'll have to bring it to one of the east anglia meets!
  12. MrJohnnyB

how many miles has everybody done??

Y Reg- 01 Leon Cupra had it for 14 months done 22k in that time just moved house now though so should be putting a lot less on - Now at 57k total, only problem - temp sender - dodgy wing mirror both fixed under warranty oh and potentially needs a new maf. Much cheaper than my old cordoba SX...
  13. MrJohnnyB

subtle cheap mods

Technically they're illegal though. I guess it just depends on whether or not they're worth the risk, end of the day worst thing you're going to have to do is revert back to old ones...
  14. MrJohnnyB

engine management light gone!!

Arent they soldered LEDS?
  15. MrJohnnyB

Electric Folding Mirrors that auto fold

if you can do it with that program you can do it with vagcom.
  16. MrJohnnyB

Strange noise since opening air box up...

Aslong as you did it on the bottom side of the airbox it shouldnt cause any problems. Sounds to me as thought its just a result of having modded the airbox. Its a nice noise, with an induction kit its even louder!
  17. MrJohnnyB

auto windows - how?

Yeah, you need vagcom though
  18. MrJohnnyB

Refurbing Your Brembos: For Dummies

Yes, Faisal, save urself some money getting em powder coated, if you're half handy with a spray can then you can make light work of them
  19. MrJohnnyB

is my turbo dying

Could be a number of things, I'd get it on VAGCom as a matter of urgency. The car can run in limp mode to protect parts of the engine which gives reduced performance, doesnt necessarily mean that its turbo related. I had my temp sensor go and this makes management light come on. Edit: maybe...
  20. MrJohnnyB

Exhaust replacement problems

I'd have a look at the piper development section page 1 shows some pictures. I'd of thought you need a special cat that mates up to the miltek catback. But i presume they're getting confused as to what the cat is as on the LCR system immediately after the cat it splits into two pipes iirc (which...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.