Search results

1. Tartan58

Mk1 toledo

Like your thinking - this will be an interesting one to watch. I had an identical looking one a few years ago with the 150bhp 2.0 16v engine and it was decently quick and a bit of a sleeper as nobody know what it was so I expect 200bhp+ will be lots of fun! I took it off the road with a view to...
  2. Tartan58

At last - got a boot lip spoiler fitted!

Not sure why they've disappeared from my flikr account - will try and find the pics and upload them again.
  3. Tartan58

V5 Air Con

Sorry to be the bearer of (potential) bad news but if the compressor isn't kicking in it could be the compressor clutch that is broken. These are prone to failure and simply falling off! This happened to mine and was quoted £900 to fix. Would be cheaper with 2nd hand parts but they might fail...
  4. Tartan58

At last - got a boot lip spoiler fitted!

I traded it in at a dealer in Glasgow so not sure where it now lives although I did spy it in Edinburgh myself before Christmas and realised what a good looking car it was and how bland my current Mondeo is. Mind you the garage would have had to spend a bit to get it into a decent condition to...
  5. Tartan58

Adios my friends!

Every time I saw yours around Edinburgh it always made me miss mine! Is the new owner local - hope he takes it easy it in this snow!!
  6. Tartan58

some pics to see what u think

Nice like the front end view especially - not a fan of the wheels but each to their own. Always makes my miss my Toledo whenever I come back for a nosey at this site!
  7. Tartan58

2nd Hand Winter Tyres?

I bought a full set of Dunlop winter tyres from these same guys on ebay last year when I had the Toledo and was well chuffed with them. Made a big differance in the snow. Sold them on when I got the Mondeo though as it's got 17s, and looking around for this year 17in snow tyres are hard to come...
  8. Tartan58

DTM Toledo??

I very much doubt you can get new "official" panels from anywhere although I'm sure I've seen an ex-DTM shell for sale somewhere (not cheap btw!!) Maybe someone somehwere does a fibreglass bodykit to get the DTM look but I've never seen one. Good luck though, would be a good project!
  9. Tartan58

Wet rear footwells

Mine used to do this too. First thing to do is get underneath the doors and clean out the drainage holes as these are likely to be blocked - this was enough to solve the problem on mine without having to mess about with replacing seals.
  10. Tartan58

1997 toledo (r)

I think Mk3 golf wheels will fit. Unfortunatley I don't think there's many folk on here with a Mk1 Toledo which is probably why nobody knows! I had one 6 years ago and I think many parts were shared with the Mk3 Golf so it's worth a try (as long as you can check them byfore you buy!)
  11. Tartan58

Help!

Will do, I'll try and find where I've stashed it when I get home tonight!! £90 to fit and code sounds pretty good to save you the hassle of doing it yourself and you'd need to get it coded anyway.
  12. Tartan58

A funny noise.

Sounds like a wheel bearing to me, can you tell if it's coming from one side or the other?
  13. Tartan58

Help!

I had a problem with my Airbag unit (although it didn't affect anything else in the car) and was quoted £550 by SEAT to replace so looked into 2nd hand ones - I bought one from e-bay but the plug was slightly different so it wouldn't work - just make sure you get the exact correct part number as...
  14. Tartan58

Head lights....

Yeah, it's gone I'm afraid - was needing a fair few bits and bobs fixing and was after something bigger. Spotted the Mondeo and was offered a decent trade in for the Toledo so seemed too good a deal to pass up. I do miss the Toledo though in some ways, but think I made the right decision.
  15. Tartan58

Head lights....

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=241674
  16. Tartan58

Head lights....

The front ones will the the same as the Mk1 Leon. As for the rears there's a thread somewhere in the Mk1 Leon section about DIY Audi A6 style rear lights for the Leon - something like that would look cool on the toledo!
  17. Tartan58

thinking of buying a MK.1 Leon for my wife, need to know some things......

Indeed - the Toledo has a pretty big boot but only a letter box opening to get into it - good for flat pack stuff but not much else!! Traded mine for an estate for this reason (among others)
  18. Tartan58

Temperature Gauge issue

Thanks for all the info guys. So far since the day I posted the guage seems to have come back to life and has been working fine for the past week! It's obviously not an issue that's going to cause damage to the car as far as I can tell so I reckon I'll just leave it be until it starts playing up...
  19. Tartan58

Temperature Gauge issue

I've done a search on this but not come up with anything matching my specific problem: I've had the car for 2 years and everything's been normal in all driving conditions however I noticed on saturday after about 1hr of steady motorway cruising (75ish on the cruise control) that the temp guage...
  20. Tartan58

Post The Toledo's

not sure about that white one, the side skirts look far too big, not really a fan of the "broken suspension" look!
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.