Search results

1. Applemobile

Do you have to declare a TIP to insurance as engineer is coming to assess car?

Make sure you have factory spec tyres, brake pads and washer fluid. Honestly I wouldn't worry about it, you changed a pipe to a different coloured pipe. Despite what everyone on the Internet will tell you, an insurance company will not refuse to pay out on the grounds of something small like...
  2. Applemobile

Do you have to declare a TIP to insurance as engineer is coming to assess car?

Chill out man. I highly doubt they will notice, and if they did, I highly doubt they would mention it.
  3. Applemobile

The only leaky Leon guide you will need

Only 18 days until ''how do i change my clock''
  4. Applemobile

Brakes.

Damn right, threaten to take them to court.
  5. Applemobile

Brakes.

They let you dive away with non working brakes?!?!?
  6. Applemobile

wiring in DRLs

The relays on the right hand side of the bulkhead both switched with ignition. Thin purple wires i finks.
  7. Applemobile

Wheel help

Nope, you need to measure beadseat to bead seat. Looks like 7" to me.
  8. Applemobile

Ok what is a DV

Wut?
  9. Applemobile

Ok what is a DV

DV Domestic Violence DV Daily Values (Nutrition Facts in US) DV Developer (copier component) DV Death Valley (California) DV Deja Vu DV Datenverarbeitung (German: Data Processing and Programming) DV Déjà Vu (amusement park ride) DV Darth Vader DV Data Valid DV Dorsal Ventral (radiography) DV...
  10. Applemobile

Knocking when letting or the accelerator

I have no idea what this means, but it certainly sounds like your dogbone mount is has chuffed it. I would check it immediately, can cause a lot of damage when they go completely.
  11. Applemobile

Mk1, 1.8T 20V Upgrade Stages

If you don't understand it, i guess you wont be doing the work yourself. I would suggest you find a reputable tuner in your area, and speak to them about your budget and what you want. People time and time again buy lists of parts that an 'expert' on the internet told them to buy, then go to a...
  12. Applemobile

Mk1, 1.8T 20V Upgrade Stages

What sort of money are you thinking of spending?
  13. Applemobile

Noisy petrol pump? Now noise has stopped and so has car

i wouldn't jump in and buy a pump yet. The noise does sound like the final death cry of a the pump, but you really need to check if their is voltage going to the pump at times when it should be running.
  14. Applemobile

is it bad news for diesel cars?

I know how we can save the environment, lets force people to scrap the vehicles they already have, and make them pay to build new vehicles, that are less fuel efficient.
  15. Applemobile

how to smoke test

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=274418 http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5149361-DIY-Boost-Leak-Tester plenty of variations avaliable
  16. Applemobile

how to smoke test

You really are going to have to explain what you are asking. Do you mean to check for boost leaks, leaking door seals, exhaust emissions or something else?
  17. Applemobile

Wiring up a compressor?

Yes that sounds perfectly reasonable way to wire it in. You could just run 4 gauge all the way though. No benefit from running a thicker cable, unless it is powering something else too.
  18. Applemobile

R32 in work today put me right off.

That's the price you have to pay for owning a masculine engine :p