Search results

1. J0N

Whats the correct grade engine oil for a 52reg Arosa 1.0?

Hi all, I'll be changing the oil in my Mum's Rosy some time over the weekend and I wondered what the correct grade oil is and how much does it need. She does'nt do many miles and does'nt know what thrash means so it does'nt need to be all singing all dancing but it should be noted that winter is...
  2. J0N

Under Heating/Over Cooling???

I've just had my (cam belt) water pump and thermostat changed along with fresh coolant and now my car seems to take ages to warm up. Driving home from work last night the water temp needle never moved until I gave it a few beans down a by pass and then it rose to the usual 90 degrees (By the...
  3. J0N

Water Temp upto 120 degrees then back to 90??

Had a quick search but thought I'd ask for fresh advice. Had a spirited run down the by-pass earlier and my water temp shot up to 120 degrees, the warning light lit up and the alarm sounded. Eased off and the temp went straight back to 90 degrees. Drove through town stopping at traffic lights...
  4. J0N

How much is my car worth?

Unforseen circumstances mean I might have to reluctantly sell my car. Those who are not familiar with it it's an 05 LCR in platinum, just over 60,000 miles, it's mint and has full main dealer service history upto 40,000 and from then upto 60,000 it's been serviced by JBS Autodesigns including...
  5. J0N

Are Induction Heatshields really worth it? Anyone got logs?

Pictures shamelessly borrowed from Markojay, thanks. I really like the Jabbasport heatshields and one would be perfect for my setup but I cant help thinking that it would be very similar to having a standard airbox if it goes upto the bonnet like this one appears to. This would surely...
  6. J0N

Part Number for LCR Bumper Parts.

Does anyone know, or know where I can find the part number for a driver's side fog light grill/surround and how much I'm likely to have to pay for one? Also, does anyone know the name and part number of the grey plastic piece that the number plate is attatched to in the below pic? Thanks...
  7. J0N

Same airbox??

Someone asked me if a leon Cupra R (05) has the same airbox as a Cupra 20VT (01). The part number for the Cupra R is 8L9 133 837 E, anyone know?
  8. J0N

LCR Mudflaps

Has anyone got mudflaps on an LCR? Not to everyone's taste I admit but I'm sick of cleaning all of the crap from the side of my car almost as soon as I've washed it!
  9. J0N

Anyone got any logs for an LCR 225 with Custom-Code Phase 1?

As above really, I'm not sure if my map is requesting the correct boost and would like to compare logs, preferably 003 & 020, 115 & 031 and 118 & 032. Thanks in advance.
  10. J0N

Please help me to interpret this log. (Again)

Ok, this is a log with measuring blocks 115 and 031, 115 is Engine Speed, Engine Load, Spec Boost and Actual Boost. The spec boost and actual boost are measure in mbar but at the risk of sounding a bit thick, what do these figures relate to in terms of psi/bar? In real terms in this log I...
  11. J0N

Jetex Induction Kit/Cone Filter.

I'm considering getting one of these, the price is'nt bad and the blue will compliment my engine bay. Any thoughts, advice, pictures would be appreciated.
  12. J0N

Fault Found!

Found this fault today after an auto scan; Address 08 ------------------------------------------------------- Controller: 1M0 820 043 E Note: Excessive Comm Errors This refers to the Climatronic which is working perfectly, could it be anything to do with using an aftermarket HU?
  13. J0N

iPod Error.

For a few years now I've been using an Alpine CDE-9850 Ri Head Unit with 30gb 5th Gen iPod Video. All has been well until driving to work the other day and I get 'ERROR-01' appear on the screen, (and of course no music). What the hell has happened?
  14. J0N

OBD Port Locations.

Can anyone direct me to a site like this one only in English ?; Clicky. Thank yoooouuuuuu!!
  15. J0N

Correct Ross Tech Cable?

Is this the correct cable for use with a 2005 (05) LCR (Windows Vista) and does anywhere in the UK supply them? http://www.ross-tech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=VCKII&Category_Code=VAGCOM
  16. J0N

Vag Com Has Stopped working.*** Now Sorted.***

Everytime I try to do anything with Vag Com I get the message, 'VAG COM Has Stopped Working' and the program closes. I'm using release 409-1 with Vista and yes, I'm using a pikey eBay cable but it connects ok when I do the Com port test. I'm new to this and could do with a bit of advice.
  17. J0N

Wishbone Bushes.

I noticed today that my front wishbone rear bushes are starting to crack so will need replacing. While I'm at it I intend to change the front wishbone front bush, the front arb link bush and the bottom ball joints (have I missed anything?). I'm thinking of going for poly, probably Powerflex but...
  18. J0N

Worn Steering Wheel and Gear Knob.

I know I'm not the only one with this problem. I'm sure that I read on here somewhere that LCR steering wheels and gear knobs are actually trimmed in red leather and are painted/dyed/whatever in black. Are paints available and has anyone tried them?
  19. J0N

Renault suspended from European Grand Prix... Discuss

After Fernando Alonso loosing a wheel at today's Hungarian Grand Prix the stewards have suspended Renault from the European round. I've copy/pasted the below from www.f1fanatics.com "Having carefully reviewed the available film recordings and radio recordings and having met the team...
  20. J0N

N249 To by-pass or not to by-pass (That is the Question).

What is the intended use fot the N249 and is it really worth doing the by-pass. I'm not convinced this is a good idea, I tried this mod but only for a quick run somewhere and back and if anything I had less boost and a bit of waste gate chatter. Is the N249 not there for a reason? What are the...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.