Search results

1. smivvy

lost car key

If I remember rightly Seat can order you a new Key from the Log book. There ARE locksmiths out there who can cut new keys but it will still need coding in. A remote key from Seat is about £130 with VAT. They charge about £40 jsut for coding. If you search on here you can code in the...
  2. smivvy

Leon Mk1 - Scrap

That's the most valuable part of that car as engines are scarce. Working at a dismantlers we would probably pay only £200 for such a car. May be worth more to someone on here or advertise on ebay with blown engine
  3. smivvy

Motorvogue, Northampton

I wish you well with the car. It is a lovely looking model. I just hope you do not have to deal with their after sales service. They are an utter waste of time. I would like to say the parts department is better but of late they have been worse. It is no surprise they lose the best staff :(
  4. smivvy

Turbo outlet pipe for 1.8T AUQ

Ok, this is my last port of call to see if anyone can point me in the right direction. This is the pipe in between the Metal Turbo outlet and the so called 'pancake' pipe. Through many, many searches I have seen one by SFS that seems to be only for the Tdi engines. Is there an...
  5. smivvy

Stuttering - dv the cause?

To be honest it sounds more like a coil pack issue. That would be my first port of call
  6. smivvy

Rear Washer not working

Yes it will be trickling down into you boot floor. The t-piece connector has come loose and will need re-affixing. It is the passenger side you need to check
  7. smivvy

Removed clocks, replaced clocks - Now won't start.

The clocks are immobilised hence the one second cut out. Does anyone know how to reprogramme this immobiliser or do they have to go to a Main dealer?
  8. smivvy

£99 decat downpipe on ebay

I had one on my Mk1 Cupra and it was fine. I had troub;le mating it to my Milltek rear system but I suppos eit depends on what you have. I would say they are fine, after all there isn't much to a decat anyway!! You may need to buy and weld on a coupler but that's about it and may not be...
  9. smivvy

Top Forge Tip Fitting Tips!

It's all on fine now. Well I have gained a fair few scratches on my hands lol. I thought it should have had a blanking plate as when i looked on that link it showed this. There is certainly nothing needing blanking off on the AUQ engine
  10. smivvy

Top Forge Tip Fitting Tips!

I was going to have a go at fitting mine today as just received one for my AUQ engine. On inspection there is no blanking plate on the one I have. Without measuring it up to see what line this is am I going to waste my time taking my old one off and trying to fit the Forge one? Stilla t...
  11. smivvy

To Debadge or not to Debadge?

Hmm I think they look better standard as the Chrome surround then looks out of place. I broke mine last week and have been running around without one all week./ Doesn't look good!!
  12. smivvy

Airbag Light on?????

The airbag light on these is very sensitive. You may have touched an earth behind the dash but you need to get it plugged into VAG.com to check out what the problem is. It will pass MOT as Adam says
  13. smivvy

Cupra leather interior in an LCR

As above I swapped to electric leather from my LC seats and I as quite happy. Actually paid an electrician to wire up but they are VERY easy to change I did then swap to LCR Recaro seats and they do hold you in better I have to say. ********************
  14. smivvy

Leon Cupra AUQ FMIC (inlet outlet same side)?

Hi buy an Intercooler with the inlet and outlet on the same side (twin pass). I don't think you can re-route the pipework back to the inlet manifold unless you have the Cupra R inlet of course as PhilC does. Intercooler and Pipework will probably cost around £200-£250 as I think that's what...
  15. smivvy

convenience module

If you need one, let me know. We have a fair fewe in stock
  16. smivvy

Motorvogue, Northampton

I feel I have to post again now as I have really fell out with Seat SERVICING. Parts have always been ok to me but servicing is downright terrible They have a female service advisor, common as muck and really got my back up with my recent visit. I am in salvage/parts and pretty clued up...
  17. smivvy

Hows everyones Day been? My Cupra R pics.. Will add more pics on it later

I like it, the wheels certainly stand out You should look at coming to some meets as you're not too far away from us in Northampton
  18. smivvy

What Exhaust system?

I had a 2.5'' decat and Milltek twin jet cat back on mine and the difference was very noticable. The car pulled much higher into the revs. It was certainly pretty loud with NO restrictions at all. I actually have the sytem for sale for the Leon Cupra but need a standard system in return as...
  19. smivvy

will a lcr bumper fit straight to a leon 1.8t cupra facelift?

My LCR front bumper fitted ok too until I decided to take it off and install a FMIC. Now it doesn't fit quite as flush but the time it took me to fit the intercooler it's staying like that for now :headhurt: Mine was pre-facelift so the transformation was fantastic.
  20. smivvy

Cam Chain Tensioner

They are belt driven They may have messed up the timing when the did your cam belt?