Search results

1. MJ

David Cook Motors looses Seat franchise

Bit of a sad day really but David Cook motors of chadderton, Oldham are no longer a registered seat main dealer/repairer. Drove past on tuesday and saw them taking the signs down and removing stock vehicles.
  2. MJ

My Revo stage 2 MK5 VW Golf GT TDI GTI Edition 30 replica - now for sale!!!

I thought i'd share my 2005 mk5 VW golf GT TDI DSG GTI Edition 30 replica with Revo stage 2 as i've mentioned it loads but never really shared it. Its also sadly up for sale but don't let that stop you reading through my progress with it! I am selling my beloved Golf to fund something...
  3. MJ

Seat dealers - repairing G201 pressure sensor fault completely free!

As per the tittle - seat dealers will now carry out a repair to rid the G201 brake pressure sensor fault completely FREE OF CHARGE! All you need do is book it in for them to confirm the fault is present via the light showing and a diagnostic scan and they have the parts in stock, that's it...
  4. MJ

Seat dealers - repairing G201 pressure sensor fault completely free!!!

As per the tittle - seat dealers will now carry out a repair to rid the G201 brake pressure sensor fault completely FREE OF CHARGE! All you need do is book it in for them to confirm the fault is present via the light showing and a diagnostic scan and they have the parts in stock, that's it...
  5. MJ

My stage 2 Arosa TDI

Thought i'd share some pics and the spec of my Arosa. I bought it accidentally on ebay when a sporadic saturday night bid went wrong! still for £920 it wasnt a bad win to be honest. It was in a **** state when i got it, slowly but surely i've minted it up though. This is after i'd sorted most...
  6. MJ

No longer available

Removed
  7. MJ

10BHP gains from an air box on a 170 TDI?

Saw this on eBay - 151076691817 "Designed to replace the restrictive air box fitted as standard" It refers to both 2.0TSI and TDI CR engines but only shows a graph for the petrol. I can imagine there may be some slight improvement on the petrol as its the air flow that is used to...
  8. MJ

Looks like there are still a load of B7 chassis left at the factory!

Saw this in a vw magazine recently and cant help but think how similiar to the a4/exeo it looks: http://autocarsnews.info/new-cars/2012-volkswagen-jetta-gli/ its the new vw jetta which never really made any impact over here but the yanks love it! it appears to be based around the vag b7...
  9. MJ

ESP/TCS light on? new ABS pump required? - read this first.

We now offer a repair service for the ATE MK60 ABS pumps at a fraction of the cost of a new one. Check this thread for more details: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=300238
  10. MJ

Leather interiors for early cordobas.

Does anyone have any pics of a 93-99 shape cordy or vario with a leather interior fitted? And does anyone know if the golf mk3 interior is a straight swap? Any answers appreciated guys and girls :D
  11. MJ

Candy white my10 cupra/fr???

blank
  12. MJ

Leon tdi cupra 150 arl engine - slow and reluctant start when cold - NOW FIXED!!!

I've trawled through a few forums within the past week searching for a solution to the rather odd fault on my 2004 leon tdi cupra 150 with the arl lump fitted but i am unable to yield any information. The fault started when i returned to the car after work on monday and it started for a...
  13. MJ

My leon cupra tdi project

Well i've owned the car for just under 2 months now so i thought i'd best put up some pics. More will follow and i'll keep updating the spec list.
  14. MJ

Image posting

Hi guy i was just wondering how i post images in my threads, i only get the option of adding a url and when i tried last night i didnt add them in - there was just a blank space??? It might just be me being a pleb but i could do with a little bit of help - cheers!
  15. MJ

Ever wanted to see inside your turbo and see whats blocked and why?

This is just a brief insight to the workings of the variable vain turbo used on many vag cars. The model shown here is a KKK turbo which was fitted to an ibiza FR tdi 130 pd. It was removed due to a broken compressor wheel which was caused by internal hydrolastic bearing failure. The turbo was...
  16. MJ

New leon FR

I've had the pleasure of test piloting one of the brand new 2nd generation of leon FRs today and i'm really impressed. Seat have binned the older 2litre 16v tdi pd170 in favour of a new 2.0lt 8v common rail tdi - which believe it or not goes and sounds abit like a petrol! There doesnt seem to...
  17. MJ

Dont be fooled by 'fast-fit' centres

A colleauge of a friend of mine recently got in touch (on a sunday at 2pm) as her spring had snapped on her ibiza (the n/s/f), whilst at a certain well known 'fast-fit' centre they also said that her other spring was 'weak' and her shockers were worn - this i though was quite strange as i've...
  18. MJ

New abs unit issues

I recently stumbled across a thread somewhere (sorry i cant remember where it was and havent been able to find the original). Highlighted was the fact that new ABS units being installed on MY09+ seat models now have long coding incorporated into the ABS control unit and the re-programming of any...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members