Search results

1. Oil...What to use in your TDI

Hi Tim, I'm due an oil and filter service on my seat leon FR TDI 2004. I'm going to go with the millers XF as recommended above. I seem to remember that you used to do a filters service pack for these, but they don't appear to be available on your website, but the filters are available...
  2. gearbox diff bearings?

how many miles has your car done?
  3. gearbox diff bearings?

yep, 6 speed. be careful driving it then as I mentioned, mine locked up and snapped the drive shaft. I was quite lucky in that I was on a quiet road. I hate to think what would have happened if it had failed in the outside lane of the motorway. If it's been making the noise for a while now and...
  4. gearbox diff bearings?

Sounds like it could be based on my experience. Mine initially started a few months ago as a barely noticeable rumble which then gradually got worse to a definite droning which eventually resulted in the diff locking up and snapping the drive shaft, which my mate had just replaced thinking it...
  5. gearbox diff bearings?

hi mate, i believe it's got a dual mass flywheel fitted.
  6. Failed Gear box - New Clutch and Flywheel?

it didn't need a clutch but as you'll see in my recent thread in the mk1 forum, the "new" gear box is making the exact sae noise as the old one that failed. gutted!!
  7. gearbox diff bearings?

Hi All, Had a nightmare with my fr tdi recently. long story short, the gear box had been making a grinding whirring noise for quite some time (like a wheel bearing noise) and failed snapping one of the drive shafts. I got hold of a second hand gearbox with apparently only 70,000 miles on...
  8. Failed Gear box - New Clutch and Flywheel?

hey, thanks for the response. I'm less keen to do that as the cars on such high mileage. the turbos been whining for a while (police siren noise) so I'm just trying to keep it going for as cheap as poss. Also, I've just found out that the £350 - £400 was actually just for the fly wheel and...
  9. Failed Gear box - New Clutch and Flywheel?

Hello All, My gear box let go on the weekend after a few weeks of noise similar to a dodgy wheel bearing. Anyway, I'm on the look out for a second hand gear box but have the dilemma of whether or not to fit a new clutch and flywheel whilst it's apart. The car is a seat leon fr tdi which has...
  10. SeatCupra.net INSURANCE scheme with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274

hi, I'm looking for a decent renewal price in the next week or so. will call later today for a quote. thanks mat
  11. deep thudding noise comign from intake?

hi mate, the car had full service history with oil changes at 10,000 using proper vw spec oil 505.01 and I've done the same since I've had it. I'd be interested in the quote mate. thanks
  12. deep thudding noise comign from intake?

hi mate, thanks for this. I'll have a look at the parts you suggest. Have you factored in a timing belt kit and water pump in your £300 bits estimate? If you think yoru cam may be on it's way out, it's easy enough to remove the rocker cover and have a look at the cams. Mine was very...
  13. deep thudding noise comign from intake?

hi al, bit gutting but seems that these things happen and from what I've read I've been pretty lucky to get it to 173,000 miles..... You may have seen my other thread in the leon mark 1 forum, I've priced up some bits and have found a cam for £140 including the lifters and bearings. It...
  14. Anyone got a Camshaft for a Seat Leon FR TDI mark one

it doesn't sound like a gear box whine as the "siren noise" seems to ramp too quickly in line with the turbo... been pricing turbos and they seem to be about £250 upwards. think I might just take your view mate and wait till it goes.... :whistle:
  15. Anyone got a Camshaft for a Seat Leon FR TDI mark one

I've done that and the cam is definitely fooked. there's virtually no lobe left on piston number 1 and the majority of the lifters have the shiny stuff rubbed off them... I should probably also mention that a mate of mine will fit everything, I just need to get the parts for a reasonable price.
  16. Anyone got a Camshaft for a Seat Leon FR TDI mark one

is there any way of testing the engine to check it's condition before I go and spend over £600 on it? Would a leak test be valid given the state of the cams? I'm also worried the turbo is on its way out as since researching for this cam, I've come across "police siren" noises being a...
  17. Anyone got a Camshaft for a Seat Leon FR TDI mark one

does anyone have any opinion or first hand experience of the "cheaper" cam I highlighted in the other post. I know you get what you pay for but the car has done 173,000 miles so I'm just trying to keep it going, plus I'm skint after christmas. However if anyone has any nightmare stories of...
  18. Anyone got a Camshaft for a Seat Leon FR TDI mark one

I didn't mean a second hand one, although admittedly it could have been phrased slightly better perhaps. Thanks for the headsup re the ebay one, was it similar to this one? what other parts did you need apart from a timing belt kit as I hear you need to buy all new bolts...
  19. Anyone got a Camshaft for a Seat Leon FR TDI mark one

As the title suggests, I need to replace the camshaft in my seat leon FR TDI. Do any of you lovely folk have a camshaft available or no of any that are available? I'll be looking on all the breaker yard sites as well, but if anyone has anything, I'd be very grateful. cheers
  20. deep thudding noise comign from intake?

well, it's the camshaft. took the cam cover off and two of the lobes are terribly worn and the buckets are all fooked.. any one know of an available cam shaft for a reasonable price???
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise