Search results

1. Steve221

Thoughts on the 1.4 TSI ACT Engine (Manual)

I had mine from new for 3.5 years with absolutely no engine issues whatsoever and never used any oil. They're a wonderful engine.
  2. Steve221

Potential new owner - Leon FR TDI

Looks to be a nice car mate, loads of scope for mods to either power or visuals too. Just a shame you've put money to Arnold Clark :doh:. I had a really bad experience at the Newcastle branch when trying to buy a new Ibiza then had issues when they couldn't locate or fix an air con fault during...
  3. Steve221

Proud new owner. Leon Cupra 1M AWD

They were only available in some parts of Europe. They were called Cupra4 if I remember correctly.
  4. Steve221

Will Cupra parts fit the Ibiza FR?

Which one are you buying out of interest? I traded mine in recently.
  5. Steve221

Declaring Modifications

Have you already bought one mate or have you seen one that you fancy?
  6. Steve221

Number Plate Light Replacement Suggestions?

I'm with you on that one mate, the super bright ones look ridiculous. I'm after some reasonable looking LED replacements for mine and an LED for the interior light. I saw a recent Volvo this morning that had LEDs that didn't look too bright, I wonder what lamps they use.
  7. Steve221

No starting help

Have you checked the electrical connections to your oil pressure sender? Might just be shaking loose when cranking the engine?
  8. Steve221

No starting help

Yeah, it's normal for the voltage to drop that far when cranking, especially on a diesel.
  9. Steve221

Cruise Control Help?!

On mine there is no indication at all until you set the speed you require.
  10. Steve221

Seat Portable device Cover

Here mate, try this: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=404300&highlight=Sat+nav+cover
  11. Steve221

Seat Portable device Cover

I'll have a look on mine for a part number but will be a couple of days as I'm not at home right now.
  12. Steve221

Garmin Issues

I've had no issues with mine in over three years with several phones.
  13. Steve221

Replaced my interior bulbs with LEDs

Cheers mate, I'll have a look. Yours look great!
  14. Steve221

Replaced my interior bulbs with LEDs

Can you link to the ones you've got please mate?
  15. Steve221

Help With Air Con System Components Please.

Had my car checked out today, they've found two valves faulty/leaking and SEAT are going to pay for their replacement as my car is out of warranty. Bit of a result so far but will wait until Monday to find out which valves they change and if it is sorted. At least they've found something.
  16. Steve221

Thanks for the reply mate. It's allegedly had dye through it twice now with no leaks apparent so I was wondering if there were any components away from view that they wouldn't necessarily check due to access etc.
  17. Steve221

Hello all. Long story short, I'm suffering multiple failures of my air con over the last couple of years and I'm chasing it with SEAT uk now as my car is now out of warranty and it's failed again. I'm convinced there is a leak as it was serviced and recharged at a main dealer in May 2016...
  18. Steve221

Anyone ordered yet?

Looks lovely, definitely the best colour I've seen so far but I do have a soft spot for black cars.
  19. Steve221

Friend spent £8k on an Ibiza FR just to it explode and Seat not willing to help

If I was guessing, oil starvation and DSG points more towards a 1.4 do you think? Maybe he/she has posted in many places in a panic and is getting help elsewhere.
  20. Steve221

Friend spent £8k on an Ibiza FR just to it explode and Seat not willing to help

Although I agree that this shouldn't be happening and have every sympathy with your friend, SEAT will always initially try to fob her off due to her having bought the car over a year ago and her covering so many miles during this time. Did she raise any issues during her first twelve months of...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.